A Song of Snowflakes and Posies Discussion Thread

Bethany

I ran around in little circles and peed all over the floor when I saw this.

If anyone likes epic fantasy, this series right here has it all. Murder, intrigue, sex, incest, betrayal, enough OMGWTF moments to keep you up way past your bedtime, etc. I am planning to go back and re-read the first four books before the new one comes out, to refresh my mind on some details.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish the books were everywhere. Neither of my libraries have all four so I had to get them through interlibrary loan. And I HATE waiting. Also, I know everyone thinks pointing out stuff like this is rude and nitpicky and snarky but it's a Song of Ice and Fire, not Fire and Ice. :p

Whoops, I'll fix that. ;)

Yeah, my library has a couple of copies of each, but then they serve about 80k people. Library loans just isn't going to do it for me.

Dude, they're huge. For a "normal" person, they'd last 2 months. I read something I like pretty fast - 12 hours-ish for each of the last 3 WoT books.

"Rainbows and puppies."

Don't recall any rainbows except for those cast by the High Septon's crystals. Oh, wait, the Rainbow Guard. AND WHAT THE HELL WAS THE THING THAT BRIENNE SAID TO LADY DEATH? Heh heh.

And puppies? Like the ones the Unsullied had to ... um, do something to? And weren't there some puppies cooked up and offered to Daenarys at one point?"

@Bethany -- Grey Wind, Lady, Summer, Shaggydog, Nymeria, and Ghost were dire wolves. Puppies are mewling little things fit only to be skewered on the spears of the Dothraki. ;)

@Jedi Jami -- I swear I remember at some feast for Daenarys, one of the dishes was unborn puppies. I will try to find the reference.

@Copper -- you're going to think boring when Daenarys is toasting the hell out of King's Landing from the back of a dragon. :yes: And Arya is my favoritest character. Her and Tyrion.

It will SERIOUSLY piss me off if Martin kills Dany off after she's been through so much. I think Dany will become ruler of Westeros, but not alone. After all, the dragon has three heads.

I do, however, think Sansa Stark is doomed, doomed, doomed.

My prediction is that Littlefinger is going to wait until an opportune time, reveal Sansa as the last surviving Stark (Bran and Rickon assumed dead, real Arya missing/presumed dead and fake Arya married off, Robb dead, and Jon Snow unable to inherit since he is a member of the Night's Watch), marry and rape her (not necessarily in that order) and once she produces his heir, off her. That way, he will control the Aerie (his through his status as Lysa Tully Arryn's surviving spouse and Robert "Sweetrobin" Arryn's guardian "Oops, Robert just fell through that door, just like his mom!"), Winterfell as Sansa's husband/potential survivor/father to the heir of Winterfell, and Harrenhall. Essentially, Littlefinger will control the North. Until Dany fries his ass like an egg. :devil:

Dany boring? Really? My opinion of her has changed so any times I think she's anything but boring. It went from aww to wow she's badass to okaaaaay..... And I found the unborn puppies thing, it was when she was buying the Unsullied and the dude who owned them thought she couldn't understand him so he said he was gonna feed her a stew with unborn puppies, lol.

I'm glad we're talking about this because I have so many questions! Oh yeah SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my biggest question is who are Jon Snow's parents? I'm convinced Ned is not Jon's father but that he is his nephew. I'm pretty sure Jon is the son of Ned's sister Lyanna but who the father is I don't know. I thought maybe Rhaegar BUT since I came up with that I figured it's probably the obvious thing since I'm such a simpleton. So who then? And what exactly was the promise Ned made to Lyanna when she died? To protect her son? Maybe?

Also with Dany reclaiming the throne, there is so much going on there that we don't even know about like the Dorne people, and that Illyrio guy.

And last for now, what exactly happened to Arya towards the end? At first I thought she just found her way to some nice old people who take care of people who are dying. I guess that's my naive way of thinking. But then they blinded her and she killed that one black brother who was traveling with Sam and all them. Is she a Faceless man in training???? That would be cool and everything but I want her to go back and get all her revenge on everyone. I don't want her to forget that she's a Stark, poor girl always has some kind of identity crisis going on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.