The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Human Torch

• 2 weeks later...

Just breathed life into this game again. Finished up the Thieves, Assassins, Civil War etc. Then started a new file, created a Victor "Sabretooth" Creed looking toon... named him Sabretooth. Now I'm refusing to do quests and just running around like a wild man. Free roam is so fun. Can't wait for Dawnguard now!

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the DLC. Neat stuff. Chose the vampire side and now in my freeroam post-story adventures, Dawnguard still won't leave me alone. They're around every corner sending people to kill me, despite the fact that I've cured me vampirism and regained my lycanthropy.

All that's left to do now is reach level 70 (@ 61 now) so the new dragons will start to appear.

It actually has a lot to do with Auriel, the elven god. You must try to acquire Auriel's Bow, a weapon that has been present in every Elder Scrolls game except for Oblivion. Play your cards right, find the paragons that open the paragon portals, and you can even get Auriel's Shield. Auriel's Bow has special powers pertaining to the sun, and one of the new characters you meet puts similar power upon Elven Arrows for you provided you bring some with you to the Forgotten Vale. Not quite Dawnbvreaker, but perhaps cooler...and equally powerful against the undead.

Auriel had a theme composed as a part of the Oblivion soundtrack...

...and here's is Auriel's Bow doing it's thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2qsDQZOq4

• 2 weeks later...

This is just further proof that there's no point in buying anything new from Bethesda. Wait for the GOTY when you can get all the extra content included and save a ton of money. At this point I might pick up a GOTY used when it comes out, but otherwise I'll be making sure that Bethesda doesn't make more money off of me, because I think that the whole concept is BS, especially the fact that they refuse to comment on any of it.

If they were up front and said "We expect to have DLC released for PC and PS3 by January 1, 2013." that would be one thing. But the complete lack of information is just saying "We value our exclusivity with Microsoft over our customers."

And I'm not an angry PS fanboy, I own all 3 major systems and I was actually considering buying Skyrim for the 360 as well.

This is just further proof that there's no point in buying anything new from Bethesda. Wait for the GOTY when you can get all the extra content included and save a ton of money. At this point I might pick up a GOTY used when it comes out, but otherwise I'll be making sure that Bethesda doesn't make more money off of me, because I think that the whole concept is BS, especially the fact that they refuse to comment on any of it.
Totally agree.

And not to mention the fact that their titles always ship with 2-3 game-breaking bugs that take a week or two to patch up... or that they also always have 2-3 annoying bugs they never bother fixing -- despite them being simple math or tagging issues (e.g. the Ninja skill in FO:NV, or the ebony armor bug I'm still bitching about from this game), yet they have no problem churning out 2-4 complex DLC additions per title. **** Bethesda. I'll still play their games, but only used, GOTY editions.

:angry:

• 4 weeks later...

When it came to Fallout 3, they were at relatively straightforward with it: DLC is MS exclusive and will be until it isn't. None of the "We're not saying anything until we announce that we're not ready to release it when the PC version comes out."

• 1 year later...

Just got an up to date version on my MacBook. Running pretty sweet, slightly chuggy FPS at times but can still run on high graphic settings. For some reason when I lower the graphics it doesn't change the frame rate at all. Probs need more RAM or something I guess

• 1 year later...

Lyrics originally posted and/or possibly written by a YouTuber called Jesus McSwagdalf. You have to listen to the song as you read the lyrics. It gets lost a bit after Yuck Yuck but it's gold otherwise.

Dovahkiin Dovakiin
For the sake of Skyrim
For the Tribe, For the wood
For the llama son
WE found gold at last!!
We won't share a slice
Dovahkiin you're the king
For the llama son

[Trumpets]

Piss off
Cool dude
You suck balls
What?
Oh
Did you know
That cheesecake
Doesn't go with
Meat pie

Yuck

Yuck

This is strong
I lay low
I'll feed whale beer
For sure
Oh
My son raped
My dodge
Called Frans
He
Ha
He
Ha
Sid has to die
For if he's in control
His mom is a doll
I
Eat
Pie

[Orchestra]

Here's a sword!!!!
Praise the lord!!!
Cupcake GOOD!!!
Oh my god
Me gusta
These Potatoes are GOOOOOOOD
Cause they're top end foods winged on my buttery fork

Dovahkiin Dovakiin
For the sake of Skyrim
For the Tribe, For the wood
For the llama son
WE found gold at last!!
We won't share a slice
Dovahkiin you're the king
For the llama son

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I'm not in "Bethesda Bug Fury" mode and have attained all the add-ons (it only took a few years!), I hate this game for taking up virtually every waking out of last weekend.

And I'm less than 1/4 of the way through.

fuck you once again, Skyrim!!! Just for different reasons this time.

RPG + Open World = Crack :no:

The way they handled DLC made me sell my copy, figuring I would eventually get a new copy with everything.

Don't even know if that was ever released, but it took long enough that my life got full and I lost interest.

Great game, but poor planning. Which pretty much describes Bethesda.

• 2 weeks later...

Still hooked. The DLC is just as good or better than the main questline, in my opinion.

I'm also finding that at least for me, adding in "role-playing limitations" makes the game a lot more fun and challenging (and replayable). Not carrying around 200 potions of healing and lockpicks so that I can menu-pause-kill any enemy or break into any lock regardless of lack of skill makes things feel a bit more like a, uh, accomplishment after I've succeeded. Really makes me hope they add a "hardcore" version to the next release so that the player isn't responsible for making sure the game stays "legit." Also, while I like the idea of perks, given how several of the perks are either extremely overpowered, worthless, or clunky, would definitely like to see more balance and variety next time around.

Speaking of limitations: doing a heavy-armor-wearing, rune-flinging, undead-raising necromancer and it's been a lotta fun so far. Decent, but not great in a fight so long as there are corpses around, and am using Destruction only for Runes. It's gonna take forever to get thrall, but when I do... wheeeeee!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.