The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Human Torch

Morrowind was better :p

I'm definitely liking Skyrim way, way more the second time, though (and I liked it a lot the first time)!

I wonder if I'll have a PC again before Argonia comes out? I've probably got another week or two before I tire of Skyrim. If I'm able to mod the next game, though... Good God, talk about losing entire months of my life!

:eek:

My memories of morrowind:

-grinding a certain cave near a certain town for some things and breaking the balance of the game

-get to the first town, kill a person and steal their house

-store so much crap in your house all your priceless things disappear forever and then cry

-create an overpowered jump spell and jump across the continent, and crashing the game

-going to a very particular point on the map which simply crashes the game

-trying to complete a quest near that particular point on the map, then realize you can't because...crash the game

-I'm jumping I'm jumping I'm jumping

- "keep moving"

My Morrowind Memories;

The tomb near the start point has a dead body in it that can be used as a safe storage point, never respawning and has infinite capacity.

Soul Trap on Target for 1 sec + Stat Boost Spell on Self shot at the ground caused a perma-stat boost. Rinse/Repeat.

Spell/enchanting mixing could create a perma invisibility or chameleon spell which also reduced enemy hostility to 0, allowing you to talk to enemies in Ash Mountain. And they had dialogue, inconsequential but dialogue never the less.

Hahah.

Let me add some qualifications: Morrowind is the best game ever if you get a fully patched version, choose a story line and play it out, and don't abuse the game mechanics until you can't blink without crashing the game or effectively become a god, thus removing any semblance of challenge...

:lol:

Soul Trap on Target for 1 sec + Stat Boost Spell on Self shot at the ground caused a perma-stat boost.

LOL! Of course it does. What a logical spell combination. It only makes sense that would happen.

Hahah.

Let me add some qualifications: Morrowind is the best game ever if you get a fully patched version, choose a story line and play it out, and don't abuse the game mechanics until you can't blink without crashing the game or effectively become a god, thus removing any semblance of challenge...

:lol:

Ah yes the story line! Talk to Casus Cascades (or whatever his name was). Get him this book. Get him this other book. Talk to a bunch of people about cults. Go talk to Ashiklutikltakatutu on the other side of the map without a quest marker and tell Casus what he says. Now go find other people whose names are unpronounceable at the far reaches of the map and talk about things. Fulfill prophecies and become the legendary Wolverine, climb inside the volcano of safety, fight past the abominable horde of cliff racers, collect the final boss's bane sword and stab him with it to save these miserable people!

Well, when you put it like that.

Nah, I seriously still love it. I am very task-oriented, and in Skyrim, it bugs me having clearly defined tasks where somebody is urging you to do them RIGHT AWAY, when there are 50 other things I'd rather do and 50 other places I'd rather explore. Morrowind had tons of stuff to do, but that taskmaster urgency was never present. I realize that not minding a lack of quest markers and stumbling onto several other quests before getting back on track isn't everybody's cup of tea, of course. It's just something I preferred.

You bring up good points. Questing versus exploring. In morrowind if I found a random cave I'd clean it out for exploration sake, letting my imagination fill in the blanks as to what it was and why they were in there. In skyrim I would probably leave it alone, because I would think it was part of some other quest I haven't stumbled upon yet, and wouldn't want to sabotage it by killing someone too early or have to make a choice about something I knew nothing about. In morrowind I didn't worry about properly completing an unknown quest.

• 5 years later...

8 years later, Im playing this again on a Switch Lite that my mom gave me. I dont have much time to play, but its awesome to be able to play on a handheld system.

8 years later, Im playing this again on a Switch Lite that my mom gave me. I dont have much time to play, but its awesome to be able to play on a handheld system.

Funny! I've been playing since lockdown too on my PC. Been modding the shit out of it as well. Fun times.

I'm not sure how well my computer would run it. I've thought about getting it for PC though, for the mods.

It is hands down one of the best games of all-time.

I picked up the PC version from the Steam Summer Sale. I fully intend to just cheat like crazy if it will run. I'm running Linux so I have to use Steam Play which doesn't run everything. Otherwise I do have an old Windows based PC sitting in the basement that I can try. It's ~2015, so it might be able to run a game from 2012. But I'm really not sure that it will.

There are quite a few good optimization mods on Skyrim nexus that can help performance a lot if your GPU isn't up to scratch. But if your computer is a few years younger than the game and it has a decent graphics card for the time it should be fine no?

Thank you for upping this. I'e been slowly playing through the PS3 version for the past few months and now this thread is on my reading list along with every Skyrim discussion I can find on Quora. This game is dangerously immersively fascinating even on my older console. :thumbsup:

The first time I played through, it was well over 100 hours and that was prior to the DLC and I still didnt do everything.

Some may be against it, but I enjoy using exploits with this game. Its so huge that even doing things like increasing sneak by stabbing the Greybeards takes dedication. You have to do it enough to get experience without getting killed or killing someone. Its fast compared to the game, but I prefer to think of it as fitting with the personality of the Greybeards. You can stab us a little since youre the Dragonborn but not too much.

• 1 year later...

Well I hope they have a hi-res texture pack. I recently opened up my Skyrim: Legendary Edition of the game and some of my mods were no longer available. The game was freaking out.

One of my favorite mods was clean skin. Begone, thy dirty peasants!  :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.