The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Human Torch

Some quests are slightly different, usually their location, when replaying. But my main reason for restarting is acquiring a keen dislike for the appearance of my character. I'm set now however; my character has short "Caesar" hair, full but well kept beard, as muscled as can be... facially he sorta looks like if George Clooney and Chuck Norris had a baby.

BTW I think the more muscled you make your character the higher their stamina is to start with. My son made a thinner guy and started with 75 stamina. I max muscled a guy and started with 100 stamina.

Got it & have been playing for about 8 hours now with no glitches yet. Well, once I dropped an axe & it was floating in the air, but otherwise. I'm a lizardman. I always like the water breathing ability. I just learned the Whirlwind shout from the Greybeards. YAY!

found a gamebreaker

lost a companion (aela)

she's not at her house, my house or appearing as if by magic if fast travel

trouble is she's still with me. so when i try to do the daedric quest where i need to take a companion up the mountains to kill, i cant as when i try to recruit one, they say i already have one

and there's me only 3 achievements off 100%ing it as well....

That sucks. During one mission, my companion Lydia, either got killed, or she disappeared. I now can't find her. She's not at my house, where she should be, or at the palace, where I got her in the first place. If she died, is she supposed to be gone for good?

Too late because you're already a freak. ;) seriously, I rented this and didn't get very far in, and I don't know for sure when I will get it for realsies so I didn't know there were werewolves.

That sucks. During one mission, my companion Lydia, either got killed, or she disappeared. I now can't find her. She's not at my house, where she should be, or at the palace, where I got her in the first place. If she died, is she supposed to be gone for good?

I accidentally killed Lydia during a skirmish. I pretty much had to load my last save. I've yet to see an ememy finish of my companion, so I believe the death blow might possibly have to come from you.

It does!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/21/skyrim-lydia-death/

Yeah, the companions seem to be buggy as hell in this. Every once in a while if I accidentally hit my companion with a grazing pass of a spell she turns on me and starts attacking me. This happened to me right after I killed my first dragon. I ran over to it, picked up everything of the dragon, was overencumbered and couldn't run when my companion started attacking me and she had all my **** i couldn't carry on her. Then I died and had to do the dragon fight all over again afterwards.

Otherwise I love this game. I rented morrowind once a loooong time ago and didn't really get into. But since then, I got way into fallout 3 and new vegas and now am in love with this game. I don't know if i'll go back and try oblivion or morrowind again.

After 60+ hours of play, here's what I think.

The good: Highly addictive game. The more quests I pick up, the more I want to play to complete them. The story is good. Lasts 100+ hours, I'm guessing. It's like a MMO that you play alone.

The bad: Graphics are no better than Fallout 3, although commercials (and some reviews) would make you think they were not only some of the best, but something new. The voice-acting is horrendous. I have to play the game with the sound off, otherwise my eyes start to hurt from rolling them so much. Maybe the most monotonous game I've ever played. 90% of the missions are "go to this place & clean out the dungeon" missions. Every dungeon, except the dwarf ones, look exactly alike. Monsters are either soldiers, giant spiders, ghosts or Draugr (zombies. YAWN!) Glitches. Lots of glitches. I think Bethesda is Greek for 'glitches'. The AI in the game is some of the worst I've seen as well. The way your Companions jump in front of you as you spew fire at the enemy, or jump right in front of your already swinging weapon is just ridiculous. I don't know how many times I've had to reload because I have killed them. Enemy AI is not much better. I've stole a carrot once, off a table. No one was around. Suddenly, a guard runs up to arrest me.

Regardless of these negatives, I'm having lots of fun with it. However, those saying that Skyrim is Game of the Year just sound silly. This game will eventually get to me, as it's not really exciting & after this playthrough, I doubt I will have any desire to play it again. I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

I've not had that one yet, thankfully. But there is a new neat thing in the game that sorta relates; if you do successfully steal or murder there are times when "someone" might have seen "something"... basically like an investigation happened and someone goes, "yeah, I think I remember seeing [player character] around there". In those cases your victim or relations of will send either Hired Thugs or Dark Brotherhood to hunt you. You do not get an official bounty though, it's all above the law retribution.

With that said, I've been having terrible issues with freezing just lately. It seems like the rumor which states the game starts corrupting/failing when your save file gets above 5K might be true.

Also my son got the Uncharted dual pack on Black Friday, the humans in Uncharted 1 (made in 2007) totally outclass Skyrim's humans... in textures, models and animations (expression and movement). So yeah, kinda silly when people want to spout off that Skyrim is graphically fantastic. Environments and creates perhaps, but the humans suck. I think they are worse facially than Oblivion too. In Oblivion I flawlessly created a Christina Applegate Imperial and a Christian Slater Wood Elf, in Skyrim molding faces is lame and their textures are fugly.

I found the game was starting to run real choppy, especially in the cities, when I hit about 7K. I tried a few things that seemed to work.

Yesterday, I spent 5 hours selling all my stuff. Exploiting a glitch in the game where you can talk to a certain guy over & over, I raised my speech to 100, which also raised my level by 6 levels. I upgraded the speech abilities & invested in the 4 main stores in Whiterun. There is also a glitch which spawns an unlimited amount of a certain book, that you can sell for 32-35 gold each. After selling all the extra stuff I wasn't going to use, I found the game was running a lot smoother. I also used the "wait for a month" trick & that seemed to smooth it out a little more as well. This trick supposedly gets rid of bodies & items that are laying around.

Just attempting to join the Imperials! I like how little quests can spiral out of control into big ones. I went and cleared out a cave for the queen's steward and this then spawned the rebirth of the evil Wolf Queen from centuries ago. Pretty cool stuff.

Oh and I'm now a Vampire which is good at night but can be a bitch in the day. No regeneration of health, magic or stamina means that sometimes a group of mudcrabs can be a problem

You can cure Vampirism, I think you need to read the book Immortal Blood for hints to how to start that path. There is a copy of Immortal Blood in the Bard's College in Solitude.

Edit: Apparently you start the Cure quest by asking a bartender about rumors.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Vampirism#Cure_for_Vampirism

Afterthought: You should check to see if curing vampirism causes you to be immune to becoming a werewolf... as being a werewolf is important to a certain faction.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.