The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Human Torch

http://elderscrolls.com/

Anyone interested in going Norse God style with the Elder Scrolls?

Anyone interested in fighting dragons the size of jet planes?

Check out February's Game Informer (Issue 214). They have a full spread on the new sequel in the Elder Scrolls franchise. Needless to say I am incredibly excited. I haven't completely read the article yet, just skimmed it and gazed at all the pretty pictures, but I did get the impression that this entry into the Elder Scrolls is borrowing some gameplay ideas from Bethsoft's Fallout 3 rebirth.

Yeah the engine sounds neat. The AI in the game sounds good too. Not just npc AI either, the game will apparently "watch" you heavily. It'll adjust quests and storyline points to better match how you're playing your character. Almost like a reputation system from Fable, but this seems to be a bit more involved. It adjusts not just how you're viewed by npcs but were your quests take place and who your enemy types will be based on your decisions throughout the game.

• 3 weeks later...

This may sound silly, but one of the things I'm most looking forward to is being a Conan like shirtless barbarian. LOL Fantasy games have a serious lack of viable barbarian like classes and armor sets. Sure in Elder scrolls you could always just not wear torso armor to get that look, but the game wasn't really designed to do it (meaning you were at a serious disadvantage with absolutely no benefits for playing barbarianish). But finally this sequel looks to finally introduce some Conan/He-Man like torso armors! Woohoo!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I still like Oblivion, although I imagine it will pale in comparison to Skyrim. I don't think this will be a situation like when many of us gamers longed for Morrowind when we were playing Oblivion.
So true. Oblivion was a good game, but Morrowind is a classic. Great story, excellent gameplay, and (at least for its time) some amazing graphics. The ash storms were totally badass.

• 1 month later...

I just did the open, took a hour because I looted everything. Cool thing being this version of the scrolls doesn't force you to drop stuff after a certain weight limit... carrying too much just forces your character to walk slow.

The environment is great looking, the dragons are rad. The Cat People, Lizard People and Orcs all look awesome. The elves are neat. The human faces and the hair are ROUGH. But the create a character has options to smooth out your player character or funk them up so that's fine. The Elder Scrolls have never been known for gorgeous faces and this installment is no different.

I have a massively buffed up Nord, with a Chuck Norris beard and a very short "roman" styled hair cut. Named him Max.

I'm looking forward to exploring more tomorrow.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.