"Sherlock" Modern Update from Across The Pond

RangerGal

• 2 weeks later...

The first series is worth catching.

Just finishing the second, not sure what to think right now. Somehow Moriarty had a fake Holmes? And the only person able to make a clear determination just happened to take a hit to the head.

I was really surprised that happened with Moriarty.

As for Sherlock, I was thinking back to how the Woman had faked her own death and his body. Additionally, your attention is focused on the body but a flatbed truck pulls away at the top of the frame.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

guysguysguys

iMDB has air dates for Series 3!!!

The first two episodes are called

"The Empty Hearse" and "The Sign of Three."

The third is still untitled. They'll air September 15, 22, and 29 - I assume those are the BBC dates, no word about the PBS air dates that I know of.

• 4 months later...

So! I have come in to say I like Bilbo better than Kahn.

and that I have been bored and trolling the internet for tidbits and have heard this:

"rat, wedding, bow" to describe season three. and that Lars Mikkelson is going to play a bad guy in one of the upcoming episodes.

Carry on.

Not just a bad guy. One of the best bad guys in the canon from one of the better stories that really showcases Holmes at his most absolute Holmes-ian : displaying strength of character, mind, and body along with a clearer regard for justice than towards the law. Plus, he totally makes this girl FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM just to crack the case and then stands her up completely and drops out of her life with zero explanation and is all, "oh, she'll get over it, she is, after all, ONE OF THE LOWER CLASSES AND YOU KNOW HOW THEY ARE, WATSON" as his excuse in one of the more OH CONAN DOYLE NO moments in all of canon.

• 4 months later...

Did anybody catch the new one today? I just finished it.

Holy shipper's paradise! I thought the Sherlolly and Sheriarty moments were brilliant. I don't really want to say much more because it hasn't officially aired here in the US yet.

Lestrade's reaction to Sherlock's return was my favorite.

Loved it! So well written - the reactions of both Watson, Lestrade and Mrs Hudson were so different, but each so brilliantly spot on!

Also, his parents are actually played by Cumberbatch's real parents, both respected actors in their own right! Nice touch I thought!

Not sure if it has aired over in the US, so also don't want to spoil anything. Just really happy that it was worth the wait!

Ha ha! That was awesome! The focus on the chess board for so long and then to reveal that!

The fake solution at the start was excellent with out of character coolness from Sherlock with Molly, and Derren Brown being responsible! Not sure if he is known over in the US, but he is a very good, entertaining hypnotist / magician. He also got a mention at the start of the recent Dr Who 50th anniversary show.

Watson's reactions still cracks me up now just thinking about it!

Mary is great. I just started watching this show about a month ago, marathoned through the first two seasons on Netflix and then caught the others via torrents. Really, hands down, the best adaptation of Sherlock Holmes ever. I watch Elementary, and I liked the two RDJr movies, but they no longer feel like Sherlock Holmes to me anymore so much as just talented detectives. Cumberbatch simply exudes Sherlock in a way that no one else ever has.

I'm not sure of its reputation, but I've been getting my Sherlock info from Metro. They have a few articles with terrible reactions to the show and its portrayal. Myself, I don't see it any different than the modern takes on Richard III or Cariolanus.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.