Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Season V NFF Issues/Discussion Topics

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
196 replies to this topic

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

i love how the american dollar sucks at the moment

The rest of us, not so much. (You don't count, Ryan!)

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
I'll save the smack talk for now, but wanted to say thanks to those that voted me in, and to those that didn't I understand your arguements against it. I hope I can perfom well (at least be active enough) to make you all not regret it. I've enjoyed the Nightly yahoo league, but hated the lack of keepers and large number of teams each year, so I look forward to what I can do here.

Just to clarify for my understanding (sorry trying to catch up on as much as I can as quick as I can).
All current teams are able to keep 4 keepers, everyone else is a free agent. Otanku and I will get to pick 4 keepers of our own, and also have picks 1 and 2 in the first round correct?

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,239 posts
Yep, unfortunately :P ;)

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Yeah, Ash, my objections were based solely on the rather last minute nature of the change. For quite awhile now, I've been analyzing my team, weighing keeper strategies, looking into trade possibilities, and even making a couple trade offers - all based on the then current ten team structure. Some of those things are now effected significantly. So, it was in no ever way ever a personal issue with the proposed owners in question, it simply was a matter of timing (in other words, if this was going to happen, it should've happened months ago).

That being said, it was put to vote and my side lost, so there's nothing to do but move on and say welcome to the NFF Ashaman & Otanku!

P.S. We will break you.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,239 posts
While I'm thinking of it-

I think we should make it so that a Developmental keeper can keep that status through a trade (also not for this offseason). I drafted Player A, kept him as a developmental player, and going into this offseason he still had his DP status in tact. If I traded him to another team, I think he should retain his eligibility to be kept under the developmental keeper rule as he is still under his "rookie contract"

The NBA has a rule that is at least partially comparable to what I'm suggesting....[I had typed out a big explanation of what this rule is, before realizing I was kind of rambling because its 3AM, so I'm just copy/pasting Wikipedia for help]...

Perhaps the most well-known of the NBA's salary cap exceptions, it is so named because the Boston Celtics were the first team permitted to exceed the salary cap to re-sign one of their own players (in that case, Larry Bird). Free agents who qualify for this exception are called "qualifying veteran free agents" or "Bird Free Agents" in the CBA, and this exception falls under the auspices of the Veteran Free Agent exception. In essence, the Larry Bird exception allows teams to exceed the salary cap to re-sign their own free agents, at an amount up to the maximum salary. To qualify as a Bird free agent, a player must have played three seasons without being waived or changing teams as a free agent. This means a player can obtain "Bird rights" by playing under three one-year contracts, a single contract of at least three years, or any combination thereof. It also means that when a player is traded, his Bird rights are traded with him, and his new team can use the Bird exception to re-sign him. Bird-exception contracts can be up to six years in length.

Catch my drift?

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts

Just to clarify for my understanding (sorry trying to catch up on as much as I can as quick as I can).
All current teams are able to keep 4 keepers, everyone else is a free agent. Otanku and I will get to pick 4 keepers of our own, and also have picks 1 and 2 in the first round correct?

Right. When our keeper deadline is up and all our rosters cleared 'cept for the kept, you and tank will have your own draft, picking FA's one after another until you have four. then we wait a few weeks then we draft! Which ever picks 1st in your mini draft will pick 2nd in the real draft and vice versa.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts

I'll save the smack talk for now, but wanted to say thanks to those that voted me in, and to those that didn't I understand your arguements against it.

Yeah, it was nothing personal on my part. You're actually one of the few sports forum posters I can stand so I wasn't against it because it was you.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,239 posts
Well at least now I know who my brothers in arms were lol

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
That you do, my friend. Expansion was rushed and it'll probably end badly, but at the end of the day it's just a fantasy league. We're not curing cancer here. LMFAO

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts

That you do, my friend. Expansion was rushed and it'll probably end badly, but at the end of the day it's just a fantasy league. We're not curing cancer here. LMFAO

Speak for yourself

;)

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

Speak for yourself

As if you're not really using your chemical knowledge to run a secret drug lab. All those poor kids - your victims - never stood a chance. You're not curing cancer, Ryan, you're destroying our future!!! :nono:

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Which reminds me, UKLK's sudden rise in fantasy sports combined with his...particular skills...almost demands extensive, random drug tests for his players throughout the season. :rock:

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
I'm afraid my four keepers are all away at their self organised practices and are completely unavailable for unnecessary drug screenings until the season is underway.....

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts

That you do, my friend. Expansion was rushed and it'll probably end badly, but at the end of the day it's just a fantasy league.

Once again, nobody has done ANYTHING with their teams from the end of the season until now. Nothing. No trades, no keeper selection, nothing. What exactly is the real difference between doing it yesterday and doing it the day after the Superbowl? Just curious.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,239 posts
I do agree with Dex about expansion being rushed. I don't agree that it will end badly, quite the opposite actually. Now that they're aboard, I'm thrilled.

Lohr was right when he said it changes strategy. It's not even my preference to vote on something after the Uber Bowl, it would be before the season starts to take into effect the next year. Giving you a whole cycle to build your team in anticipation of losing out on an extra 10 players before the "regular" draft would begin. Lohr basically spelled it all out above. I agree with the objection, just not the result Dex thinks we're headed for.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,239 posts
Yo kids, from ESPN:

Fractional Scoring. Because in football, every yard matters! For example, in the case of a Running Back, each rushing yard will net your fantasy team 0.1 points. So if Frank Gore runs for 95 rushing yards, he will earn you 9.5 points (instead of rounding off to 9 points, as we have done in prior seasons). Each receiving yard will net your fantasy team 0.1 points, or 1 point for every 10 yards. Passing yards in the standard scoring system are worth 0.04 points, or 1 point for every 25 yards. Negative yards will also apply. So if a Running Back loses 5 yards, 0.5 points will be deducted from that player's point accumulation. Note that these are defaults settings. In the custom league game and LM game, the League Creator or League Manager can change these point values.

Do we want fractional points? I'm indifferent. Thoughts?

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
I hate fractional points, imo.

groove terminator

groove terminator

There are two rules for success: 1.) Don't tell all you know

• Members
  • 2,915 posts
yuck

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
I can't say I'm all like "Yo, this is how it should be"...I mean, I'm no ALITIST!

Still, I do have to admit that it is really, really ****ing frustrating when you have a close game and a couple of your guys have, say, 99 yds receiving and 298 yds passing. So, it's something I would find at least worth considering. Based on the initial responses, though, I doubt it would ever gain enough momentum to actually be put into effect. So... :shrug:

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts

Speak for yourself

;)

Agreed...in fact, the Kemah Jokers will fight not only for the Uber Bowl Championship, but to cure cancer. Yes.

More details forthcoming. Stay tuned.

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
Hi EVERYBODY! < /dr nick>

Ok, so i set my team name and logo on the ESPN board. Hey Rock, lets do that trade for Santonio Holmes, holmes!

p.s.

No fractional scoring, and this rookie is gonna pwn all of j00!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
You do realize there's another team called Austin Steelers!