Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Season V NFF Issues/Discussion Topics

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
196 replies to this topic

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
Sounds good. I don't see anything missing from the list that needs to be addressed. I will say this, I love the flex system better than adding a 3rd running back. At least with flex you have some strategy. Ya know, strategy? The thing that's fun about fantasy football? The reason we got into this kind of thing in the first place? The less decisions we have to make the more we could just have a robot making lineups. "Choose which 3 of your 5 running backs to start this week." "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh."

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
I'M BACK BITCHES.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,781 posts

Sounds good. I don't see anything missing from the list that needs to be addressed. I will say this, I love the flex system better than adding a 3rd running back. At least with flex you have some strategy. Ya know, strategy? The thing that's fun about fantasy football? The reason we got into this kind of thing in the first place? The less decisions we have to make the more we could just have a robot making lineups. "Choose which 3 of your 5 running backs to start this week." "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh."

Well, right now we only have 1 RB position, 2 WR and one flex RB/WR. The proposed change would be to add another RB, making it total: 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 Flex RB/WR.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Hmmmmm.... I'm going to have to think about that one. Not sure I like the thought of people just stacking RB's. Right now with a maximum 2 RBs the strategy is in drafting and starting the right number/calibre of players. We open up another straight RB slot and it could just be about picking more running backs.

Plus if we do expand it would just mean we start scraping the barrel of RB's. We'd feasibly have a 30th ranked RB starting for a team. If we add one I'd like to see it maybe adding a flex slot rather than just RB;.

Argh I dunno I need to think about this!

(These are just my rambling thoughts, not anything conclusive)

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,277 posts
Regarding expansion, I prefer that to be something that is decided on well in advance. It really handicaps those with 4+ keeper worthy players, and at this point gives them next to no time to decide what to do and where to jetison these extra players. Essentially it's extra punishment for the best teams. I think that's something that should be voted on for the next season, not the current one. Just my 2 cents.

Austin

Austin

Some say...

• 6,788 posts

Would anyone like to nominate a potential franchise owner? Keep in mind, the person we want to bring on will be enthusiastic, is a Nightly REGULAR... not someone that makes a few post once every other month just to obnoxiously talk sh*t then leaving,

You guys suck...

See you in August. :flirt:

Edit:

do we really need to expand when austin is M.I.A again? even during the season he only keeps his roster up to date,

During the season, I check the general thread at least a few times up to gameday and respond to when addressed. Not to mention I'd have regular discussions outside of NN with a league member to try to stay in the thick of things. I apologize as my absence during the offseason isn't helping with the rule proposals, but consider me at least a regular lurker again from this point forward.

Edited by Austin, 02 July 2011 - 12:12 AM.

groove terminator

groove terminator

There are two rules for success: 1.) Don't tell all you know

• Members
  • 2,915 posts
its all good man, you're back now and no doubt be checking in more often so no dramas

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts

Well, right now we only have 1 RB position, 2 WR and one flex RB/WR. The proposed change would be to add another RB, making it total: 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 Flex RB/WR.

Yeah, I guess it would help if I remember which freaking league I'm talking about before I weigh my fat ass in, wouldn't it? Duh.

Okay, as long as we don't lose a flex position I'd be fine with it. In fact, rather than adding a second RB I'd love to see a second flex added. It adds to the decision making and thus the strategy.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,781 posts
Okay, I'm finalizing the ballot now. I'll send it out as soon as I'm done.

Both Ashaman and otanku have said YES if we expand. Originally, I was going to suggest we vote the new members in, but since nobody has nominated anyone else and those two are the only members we've ever talked about (besides B-Man, who has left Nightly many moons ago) I think it's safe to say everyone would be okay with them.

Okay... hope to have the ballots out in a bit. I'll be sending them out individually, so just reply to me.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Is everybody around and accounted for?

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,781 posts
I sure hope so. It's going out now!

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,781 posts
Ballot has been sent out to all! Return it ASAFP, please.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,781 posts
Don't everyone return them at the same time or Nightly will crash.

Got 2 of them. 7 to go.

groove terminator

groove terminator

• Members
  • 2,915 posts

Don't everyone return them at the same time or Nightly will crash.

Got 2 of them. 7 to go.

i'm not that talented to reply in my sleep geez

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Sorry! It took me a while to go through the message and delete the 'By replying to this I hereby agree to give Rock all of my first round draft picks until the end of this league' clause

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,277 posts
Seriously though...

Can we draft yet?

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,781 posts

Sorry! It took me a while to go through the message and delete the 'By replying to this I hereby agree to give Rock all of my first round draft picks until the end of this league' clause

I have no idea how you found it. I had written it in deer urine.

Austin

Austin

Some say...

• 6,788 posts
I believe some of the issues on the ballot can have quite an effect on one another, such as expanding the league to 12 while also making the the lineup larger will greatly reduce the depth of the waiver wire in an active league such as this one.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,277 posts
Thats why I just voted against errything. I'm all fit expansion, just not less than a month before we usually draft.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

Regarding expansion, I prefer that to be something that is decided on well in advance. It really handicaps those with 4+ keeper worthy players, and at this point gives them next to no time to decide what to do and where to jetison these extra players. Essentially it's extra punishment for the best teams. I think that's something that should be voted on for the next season, not the current one. Just my 2 cents.

I've been wanting to say nearly this exact thing since about five minutes after I last posted, but haven't had internet access since then. Glad someone beat me to it.

Just got the new DSL working tonight, so I should be back in the swing of things. I'll go take a look at the ballot now...

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts

I have no idea how you found it. I had written it in deer urine.

You should know that I am thoroughly adept at tracking and identifying all types of urine. Human or animal.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Thanks for the update on your urine smelling skills!

I'll vote this afternoon.

groove terminator

groove terminator

• Members
  • 2,915 posts
well he is british, thats about as much information as you need
  • Lucas1138 +1 this

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
It's part of every boy scout's training.

I can also tell you if you are starting to become dehydrated and how much water you need to drink

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,781 posts

Thats why I just voted against errything. I'm all fit expansion, just not less than a month before we usually draft.

Yeah, but nobody has done anything with their team this offseason and we still have plenty of time before keeper selection to gather our thoughts on what to do with our teams if we add two more. We would be exactly in the same place if we did this the day after the Superbowl. I think having the option A, where we still get to keep 4 keepers, alleviates any drastic changes that would make us rearranges our draft plans. I think everything is going to work out great... assuming if there IS any football this season :)

We're almost there! We've got 8 in so far, with Dex voting later today and Exodus, who has already read the ballot yesterday but hasn't sent it in yet, so I'm assuming that will be in sometime today. The only person left would be the Irish one, who I haven't seen in a while. The only email I have for him is now undeliverable. Does anyone have any contact info?

We've already clinched quite a few categories. Expansion is still undecided. LOL, I just realized that there are ten of us and we could potentially tie! I guess tieing is something this league is used to...