Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Season V NFF Issues/Discussion Topics

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
196 replies to this topic

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,752 posts
It's not fair that I make a f*cking request? Are you kidding me?

We established the NFF as a no IDP league and now 5 years later you want them? How is that fair? You're TE point is completely backwards, as we've always had TE's and nobody's looking to take them away.

Like I said, I just asked the one thing. If that's too much to ask, than so be it.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,752 posts
And that's the last time I'm addressing this issue, no matter what you or Lohr reply with. I'm done with it. Put it to a f*cking vote if you want.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
Rock does do a hell of a lot for this league so I don't think one request is too much to ask. He's got my vote.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Archive plz

groove terminator

groove terminator

There are two rules for success: 1.) Don't tell all you know

• Members
  • 2,915 posts
IDPs SUCK
i got them in another league that isnt the yahoo league and they suck balls, still with the Defence/Special Team set up please

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

Daily, nightly, and ever so rightly.

• 14,874 posts
Topic for discussion: multiple team playoff spot tie breakers

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Points scored

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Yes.

EDIT: Yes - after H2H record.

Edited by Darth Lohr, 23 November 2010 - 07:21 PM.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,752 posts
Going over it briefly, we do need to make a few changes to the constitution:
*Playoff tie breakers based on head to head and then points forced
*Developmental Keeper rule isn't in there
*Uberbowl Championship Trophies and the UberCup

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
Looks like we're going to have the Uber-constitutional convention.

Gonna be a great off season, I can see the discussion topics getting very heated.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Don't they always? :lol: Good to know people care though!

I've been torn between Points For and Head to Head record being the decider. If it's between divisional rivals then yes, but inter-conference you play a single game and if that week your player had a great game but then put up less than you for the rest of the season it's a bit unfair. We have two weeks to decide so I think theres room for a bit of debate on this issue, which is good.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Hmm, good point, Ryan. Good point. Hmm...

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,247 posts
I think it should stay head to head because that's the whole point of it being an H2H league as opposed to roto

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
I don't know, I can kind of see both sides. Still, Ryan, the NFL uses H2H record and the only teams you play twice are the ones in your division, while other conference teams you're vying with for a playoff spot you may have only faced once. If you're tied with a team and they beat you earlier, it doesn't matter if you're QB was hurt that day or your best WR was serving a suspension. The fact is, they beat you.

So, I guess I'm saying I still think it should be head to head record and then total points scored.

Edited by Darth Lohr, 24 November 2010 - 05:17 PM.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
- IDP's are like three extra kickers, but if you do your homework they can really make a difference every week
- I like the idea of putting a limit on how long keepers can be kept (x amount of seasons per "contract")
- I wouldn't be opposed to cutting the keeper total down to three instead of four, but you guys might hate that idea

Edited by Exodus, 24 November 2010 - 05:18 PM.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Actually, I hate all three of those ideas! :flirt:

(Though I only hate the first one because now we'll have to listen to Rock whine about IDPs again!)

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Plus, Ex, you didn't actually comment on the current and most pressing issue - determining the playoff spots! :nono:

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
h2h, then pts scored :shrug:

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,752 posts

Actually, I hate all three of those ideas! :flirt:

(Though I only hate the first one because now we'll have to listen to Rock whine about IDPs again!)

:thumbsup:

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Does that mean you're opposed to a ceiling on keeper duration too?

There's not a single pro sport I can think of where any one player is locked in for their entire career with a single team. It's like you can get a good thing going and never have to worry about whether or not you contend because you always have the same core of players.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Well, they're not "locked in" in real life, but their team has the ability to try to renew or extend their contract and thus they may still never become free agents. And that stability extends to a large portion of a real life team, not just the 23% of the roster we get to protect. It takes much more than four players to win, anyways. Yes, you are closer to that goal with a strong core - that's the whole point. Drafting smart, astute free agent pickups, crafty trades - keepers come from all different places and I don't think there's a single team in the league that has had the same four keepers every year.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
I think this may be a problem if people were keeping the same players year on year, but I don't think they are. Sure they have the 'elites' locked in, but apart from that there is a merry go round of kinds that does go on.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Yes, and new "elites" emerge and the established ones fade. There are chances every year to improve your team.

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
Other topics I want to bring up after the Uberbowl:

- Revamp of keeper rules (right now no penalty for keepers)
- Expansion of gameday rosters (I want to add 1 RB position)
- Potential expansion for Otanku and Ashaman
- Playoff for #1 pick (for those who don't make the playoffs)

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,247 posts
I wanna bring back up playoff tie-breakers (for both seeding and within match-ups)