Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2010 Nightly Basketball Federation Draft

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
241 replies to this topic

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,751 posts

I meant no harm....just trying to get this draft movin a bit.

Good call. I'm sure insulting her will speed up things quite a bit, genius. Don't do it again.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,245 posts
:lol: Now, now, children. Play nice. (All of you)

For those of you who actually think you need sleep, please be encouraged to send Rock or I your first pick (based upon where you fall in the lineup). Lord knows we'll be waiting on Irish for almost 24 hours anyway so it'd be nice to get to him asap.

Texascat

Texascat

• Members
  • 631 posts
If I cant post my pick in the forums, I will send Exodus my pick so he can post it. Thanks!

Texascat

Texascat

• Members
  • 631 posts
Since we are waiting, I found this article on ESPN on Andrew Bynum's health:

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5607845

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,245 posts
If Exodus is going to bed too, it might be prudent for you to let someone who will be up for a while know so that we can keep the draft moving at optimal speeds. In case you haven't noticed, I'm picking at the bottom of the order, ya know, since I won last year. Therefore there is absolutely no harm in sending a pick my way like Groove did. Like we all do in the NFF draft. Thanks!

Although, I'm sure it's a non issue for the rest of this evening. Unfortunately.

Texascat

Texascat

• Members
  • 631 posts
OK I will be up for about another hour or so and will be online at 9am in the morning. I may send it to you Lucas. Thanks!

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,245 posts
That's the spirit!

Now dammit where is she!? :D :devil:

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Yeah, Texascat was certainly unnecessarily rude. Still, Spam - where is sense?!? :confused:

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,751 posts
Maybe "I'm working on it! I'm working on it!" is code for "For my first pick, I'll take Charles Barkley..." ?

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,245 posts
I love that everyone is hanging here in the draft thread, as though her post is going to magically appear, only if we keep a watch on the thread the whole time :lol:

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

Maybe "I'm working on it! I'm working on it!" is code for "For my first pick, I'll take Charles Barkley..." ?

LOL

*Sigh* Fantasy basketball wasn't really around around (or at least popular) back then, so I never got the joy of having Charles on my team. At least Steve Nash and I went to back2back championship games in the pre-NBF days. I loved owning him. Having your favorite player on your team, especially getting to see him a lot because he's on the local market, was awesome. Every good thing he did was twice as fun to watch! B-)

(And no, Ex, I don't want to trade. When we started this league, I made my peace with the fact that I needed to go a different direction. I still love him, though!)

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
You didn't keep what I wanted in return...and now UKLK has him.

Grr.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,751 posts

At least Steve Nash and I went to back2back championship games in the pre-NBF days. I loved owning him. Having your favorite player on your team, especially getting to see him a lot because he's on the local market, was awesome. Every good thing he did was twice as fun to watch! B-)

I got that right now with Dwight Howard. Wearing his jersey to work tomorrow, actually. Now if Coach Ron Van Jeremy could run more offensive plays through him, I would be a very happy man.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I have something to say.

I'd like to beat you in the face for having Dwight Howard.

That is all.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

You didn't keep what I wanted in return...and now UKLK has him.

Grr.

Look on the bright side, though: if we had made a trade like that, I probably would have never gotten Chris Paul. See? Silver lining! :thumbsup:

That's cool, Rock. At least your favorite player is young, too, which is great for you as an owner and as a fan. I'm dreading the day Steve Nash retires, because although there are other players I like, I'm sure there's anyone out there right now that can fill that void as "my guy". :(

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Dragic looks like he might be a little badass as well.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I'm a little nervous at the moment. I've made up my mind on my #1 pick, prepared the presentation for that pick, and now I have to hope that Spam hasn't picked the same player as me... :eek:

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Yeah, I'm happy with his development as a player. The "My Guy" position can only be filled by someone that I enjoy watching on and off the court. There have been a number of potentials that have lost my interest because they were idiots (James, for example). Actually, I was starting to really like Chris Paul after he first came into the league. Then, the last year or so he's kind of throw up some red flags for me (personality-wise) . I don't get to see/read that many interviews with him, so maybe I got him wrong. We'll see how he acts now that he has his new contract. :shrug:

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
(waits nervously)

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,245 posts
OH HEY MS. SPAM IS ON!!!

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
and we're all drawn back into the thread like flies on **** ...lolz

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,751 posts

I have something to say.

I'd like to **** you in the face for having Dwight Howard.

That is all.

WHOA!

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,523 posts
My first pick will be WILD and Crazy. (I blame my work for blocking ESPN. I tried EVERYTHING to get on and check tonight).
REGGIE WILLIAMS!
  • Exodus +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,751 posts
Wasn't he a WR for the Jags?

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Rookie for the Warriors. That's ballsy...I like it.

Is that your final answer..?