Fan Boys/Fans

phonz3

angeluss:

This is getting old...fast.

You are not any kind of authority Justus, you just talk BS most of the time.

But maybe if I make this post and insult you a little, you will dedicate no. 50 to me.

Come on, think of one more, based on this post.

Like erm......no.50 Im a douche bag!

Don't encourage him and definitely don't disagree with him or challenge him. His first ten rants about it will be relatively on topic. Then he will expand his defense to realms only he understands with his next fifteen responses. Finally it will get back to you being an obsessed fan defending Lucas and the Prequels no matter what. It is only at that point that he will even consider dedicating a definition on this thread to you.

Just as an insight into the mind of Justus consider this comment where he calles me pompous and judgemental:

angeluss:

Furthermore, its pretty pompous to attempt to get others to justify the nature of their comments, as though you are some sort of Prequels judge and jury.

Then he writes a list of 50+ ways people are "fanboys" - certainly a judgement.

angeluss:

44. You visit Star Wars-related message boards, where all opinions are accepted, but you attack anyone with even a slight criticism about any part of SW, as though the message board exists for only one kind of opinion, and any astonishingly mislabeled "negative" opinion is not "allowed."

Even Nightly's endless political threads are not so one-sided as the kind of discussions (of a certain nature) found in this forum.

Justus, if you are even implying that you have a "slight criticism" of the Prequels you are insane. I would estimate that 90% or more of your posts here at Nightly are negative toward the Prequels. Even that wouldn't be so bad, except you have basically said the same things over and over again. Other members have noticed this.

And in terms of one-sidedness your responses are always one-sided...NEGATIVE.

I presented a more objective and fair analysis (in terms of positive and negative thoughts) on my thread regarding what Lucas should do for Episode III than anything I can recall you ever talking about.

Somehow I think that's what bothers you. You can't understand how I can find flaws and strengths in the Prequels.

Darth Feral's recent rant is another classic example of his failure to accept opinions different than his own. His last post in this thread is a wonderful example of why humorous threads like the Fan Boy list exist...although certain people around here are SO defensive they will swear the list has another meaning.

Paranoia in the extreme.

Instead of simply discussing the Prequel films, Feral (and others) turn threads into courtroom dramas, where anyone with even a slightly different opinion on the film(s) is placed on his "geek hot seat" in some incredibly defensive, asinine attempt to tell the world how "wrong" it is to criticize parts of certain Star Wars films, in their "praise it or begone!" self-decieving manner.

Thankfully, there are mature minds around Nightly not suffering from Feral's frightening dysfunctions, many of which are found within the Fan Boy list. With each new, disturbed post Feral and others present, they exhibit more traits that are so easily found on this list--which is a laugh since it was designed to be humourous, yet Feral & certain sidekicks mirror any combination of the 50-plus entries!

Well, well.

When Feral and others grow up, perhaps they will realize that adults can disagree on subjects without resorting to endless acts of diaper-soaking, hand-wringing tirades, which only serves to prove their lack of confidence in their own claims about a subject, otherwise they would not have to breathlessly defend it every time anyone else posts a different viewpoint....

....but there are no miracles to be expected here, so we will see more tirades, more nonsensical bed-wetting howls from people behaving as though George Lucas is their parent and Star Wars is their own creation.

Sad cases around here...but I must admit it is always amusing to watch them hang themselves with psychotic attacks, pointing accusatory fingers at the oh-so-wicked "arch-villains" of the Fan Boys, better known as the people standing by their own opinions.

Can't we all just get along?

I'd like to contribute to your list Justus..

He/She likes Star Wars, but can't stomach the new films at all.

He/She spends hours on the internet, posting on message boards bashing the new movies to death as well as the man who created them, only to discover that he/she is a person with more time on his/her hands than common sence.

Mike, your #52 would be members long-banned fron Nightly...far different than the fans using logic and the obviousness of a film's situation to discuss its good and bad points.

So, once again....there is a difference, and to answer your question...yes we can get along....the second others realize this forum is for all opinions, not just opinions leaning in a certain public relations-esque direction.

By the way....

53. You complain about the complaints of others. If the opinions of others bother certain people so much, why are they compelled to respond, only to heighten and inflame their own frustration? There's not an ounce of common sense behind this act, but some Fan Boys cannot resist chasing other fans from thread to thread, screaming, whining and slobbering out endless pages of "he said this" "you hate this or that" and "you're picking on this."

Silly? Certainly.

Nonsensical? You better believe it! laugh

Justus, you seem like an intelligent guy.

Why on earth would you want to waste your time posting here if you really weren't into the films?

You've made your point, and really, I understand where you're coming from. You don't like the films and think they could have been a hell of a lot better, but obviously, in your eyes (and others as well) they seem to fall a little short.

But on the other hand, there are people out there who actually like these films, myself included. I don't know if that makes me a dork or a nerd, or somebody who is ignorant when it comes to the art of film and I really do not care. All I know is what I like and what I enjoy. It all boils down to personal preference. We know you dislike the films, are you trying to ruin the experience for others?

Man, don't flame me, I'm trying to be diplomatic here.....after a few brews pimp

After all, its only a movie

quote:

Originally posted by Mike_Droideka:

You don't like the films

Incorrect.

quote:

and think they could have been a hell of a lot better, but obviously, in your eyes (and others as well) they seem to fall a little short.

More or less a correct observation.

Let's put it this way. I'm not a fan of the stomach-turning, 1980s teen-themed films of John Hughes such as The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink and other productions to ANY degree....as a result, I would not waste time posting in a forum (if one existed) about the films, because I do not like the films in any way, shape or form.

This is not a case where some members enter thread like those found in (for example) The Matrix forum, only to tear it to shreds, and there was never any part of the basic concept the member ever enjoyed.

You must begin to understand that this forum is about Star Wars, plain and simple. There is no real separation of forums because (in the end) the Star Wars films are all connected, therefore you will find many members discussing the Prequel end of it, due to the effects this production will have on the rest of the series.

Some folks like to "segregate" the OT from the PT, as if they are two entirely different series andthe PT does not have a responsiblilty to "answer" to the OT, but we know this to be an incredibly false notion. In discussing the PT--good points or bad, we are (in fact) discussing the ultimate fate/perception of the entire series.

Some fans have concerns about how the handling of the PT will affect the overall picture, hence the many posts from several members questioning elements of the PT, so there is no true "I hate the Prequels" because like it or not, the PT is a part of the series, therefore many fans will discuss what they feel "works" and does not "work" in the series (looking at the bigger picture) so it makes no sense for certain defensive members (not meaning you) to complain about the opinion of others, since the comments are the end-result of a honest concern regarding the fate/perception of the entire series.

Logically, if anyone truly resented the Prequels, they would not waste time having in-depth discussions about the films, or their connections to the OT...in fact, some would choose to deny the existence of the PT....but this is not the case in this forum, and we all know this.

It's that simple, Mike.

So, I wlll never allow certain people to mischaracterize my feelings about the films or the feelings of others sharing insights into the Prequels, simply because their view is "not pleasing" to certain people.

If certain people cannot handle that, then that's too bad....for them, as this is not Lucasfilm's Public Relations Department, where nothing except pre-packaged opinions celebrating EVERYTHING about the concept is the order of the day.

This should clear up the matter. thumbs_u

Oh....please address #53, and why some feel compelled to chase and address members with opinions the pursuer cannot stand. Where is the sense in that?

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't like the films

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Justus

Incorrect.

--------------------------------------------

I'm referring to the PT.

Despite it's short-comings (in your view) can you say that you actually like them, and if so, what is it that you like about them?

Mike, re-read my last post(s) here and in the "What Lucas should do for Episode 3" thread. That answers the question.

...but i'm waiting to learn your thoughts on #53 of the Fan Boy list...

BTW, let's not continue to derail this thread with anything else that is not specifically related to the topic.

Justus:

Mike, re-read my last post(s) here and in the "What Lucas should do for Episode 3" thread. That answers the question.

Ok thumbs_u cool. You didn't mention Neeson's QGJ, which I felt to be the best performance in TPM apart from McDiarmids Palpatine...

Justus:

...but i'm waiting to learn your thoughts on #53 of the Fan Boy list...

I dunno about this one Justus. I feel that sometimes you are attempting to bait certain members here. You are the Palpatine of NN

Justus:

BTW, let's not continue to derail this thread with anything else that is not specifically related to the topic.

thumbs_u No Worries!

quote:

Ok thumbs_u cool. You didn't mention Neeson's QGJ, which I felt to be the best performance in TPM apart from McDiarmids Palpatine...

Oversight. In that thread I was referring to actors in AOTC-forward, but that's cool.

quote:

I dunno about this one Justus. I feel that sometimes you are attempting to bait certain members here. You are the Palpatine of NN

LOL! No..that's not bait at all, unless someone wants to think it was bait.

quote:

thumbs_u No Worries!

Cool.

Sinister Lord Degiya'goh:

Sinister Lord Degiya'goh:

:) Not this thread again

Yeah, really. This thread keeps popping to top like a demented jack-in-the-box. I mean... what the f***? Perhaps this thread should retitled "Justus And His Soapbox".
Ahh...more flames. Try not to be so predictable, then you may avoid being the embodiment of:

53. You complain about the complaints of others. If the opinions of others bother certain people so much, why are they compelled to respond, only to heighten and inflame their own frustration? There's not an ounce of common sense behind this act, but some Fan Boys cannot resist chasing other fans from thread to thread, screaming, whining and slobbering out endless pages of "he said this" "you hate this or that" and "you're picking on this."

laugh laugh

quote:

Originally posted by Sinister Lord Degiya'goh:

Huh??? I didn't flame you Justus... since when is "soapbox" a flame? I think it's a pretty fair characterization of this thread, considering how much judgmental stuff you have posted here. I mean... honestly... look at your own posts to this thread! If that's not a "soapbox", I don't know what is.

"Soapbox" is a flame, since the word is traditionally applied in a negative sense, SLD. You're certainly old enough to know better, so do yourself a favor and don't play innocent or dumb.

Again, you continue on and on, thread after thread trying to smother the opinons of certain members. If you actually read my answer to Mike's questions on the nature of posts on the Prequels forum, you would never have a single problem here again...but you make no mention of it, so you appear to be a Number 53, all due to your patented intolerance.

Huh???? What the hell are you talking about Justus? I'm not "smothering" anyone's opinions here. That's nonsense.

And I didn't flame you. All I did was make an observation that you have obviously turned this thread into a "soapbox" in which you have made a list of your own personal pet-peeves about the Nightly Prequels forum, conveniently disguised as items on a supposedly definitive list that distinguishes "fans" from "fan-boys". But I mean... let's be honest here, this thread has become just a place for you to vent your frustrations about your interactions with people here in the forum. Come on, Justus... admit it, at some point this stuff just becomes very self-serving. It no longer has anything to do with the original topic.

If you simply want to vent about people here in the forum, I would recommend the more proper place to do that is probably the Cantina.

quote:

Huh???? What the hell are you talking about Justus? I'm not "smothering" anyone's opinions here.

Calm down. You are selling your "disbelief" a bit too hard to be convincing to anyone reading this.

"Smothering" occurs when you go about your weekly posting habits of entering any Prequels thread you see as "negative" (or a thread where your fiction of choice is "suffering" criticism)and repetitiously counter every allegedly "negative" comment, while questioning the personal motivations of members with opposing points of view.

It's pointless to deny this when the evidence is in far too many threads.

quote:

And I didn't flame you. All I did was make an observation that you have obviously turned this thread into a "soapbox" in which you have made a list of your own personal pet-peeves about the Nightly Prequels forum, conveniently disguised as items on a supposedly definitive list that distinguishes "fans" from "fan-boys".

As usual, you crash and burn in false accusations. Another member launched this thread and asked secific questions. I provided possible answers with a humorous edge, an edge several members obviously found truthful and/or humorous. If you have a problem comprhending that, then that is your problem, and yours alone.

The majority of this thread's posts are updates to the list, but if all of this soars right over your head (apparently so) then you continue resort to inane accusations which are completely baseless--BUT--are disturbing to you...perhaps because you see yourself represented by a few of the entries.

In any case, the FanBoy list exists and others apparently enjoy it. If you want to continue to fantasize that the list means something else in the corners of your mind, you will continue to do so, but it is pure fantasy, with no connection to reality.

quote:

As though this was some news-worthy topic that required updating.

..and since when did you have the ability to determine what does and does not require anything?

Answer: you don't.

But, I see you DO have trouble understanding the nature of this thread.

Oh well. I'm not really surprised.

Not at all.

laugh laugh laugh

quote:

..and since when did you have the ability to determine what does and does not require anything?

Answer: you don't.

But, I see you DO have trouble understanding the nature of this thread.

Oh well. I'm not really surprised.

Not at all.

laugh laugh

• 1 month later...

1. You've spent more hours in one day watching Star Wars films than you have sleeping.

Well I was up for 22 hours the other day and watched Attack of the Clones (2 1/2 hours). Does that count?

2. Someone mentions the word force[/i] and you instantly picture a Jedi or Sith character.

No.

3. You have named a pet after a Star Wars character.

No. But thanks for the idea.

4. You have pictured your ideal woman or man as resembling some Star Wars character.

'fraid not.

5. You live on earth, yet you speak of daily events/activities in "Star Wars Speak" meaning--using words and expressions created for the Star Wars films.

No.

6. You are an adult, but own a toy lightsaber and make lightsaber sound-effects with your mouth while playing with it.

Hmm...I've used pretend lightsabers before. Is that better or worse?

7. You will not drink milk unless you mix blue food coloring in the milk to make it look like the famous drink from Star Wars.

That's just weird.

8. Your favorite video games are all Star Wars related games, and/or games that borrow much from the Star Wars movies.

Naw. Lucasarts sucks.

9. You have been to more than one Star Wars convention within 6 months.

Nope.

10. You have traveled over 300 miles to attend a Star Wars convention.

Nope.

11. You have taken the time to produce a fan made tribute to Star Wars (i.e. fan film, music video, fan fiction).

Why yes I have.

12. When accounting for what is taking up your hard drive space, you discover 3/4 of your drive are Star Wars-related files.

Nope.

13. You made an effort to introduce multiple friends to Star Wars and become upset if they do not express any interest in the films.

Yes and no.

14. You attempt to convince friends that Star Wars is "better" than Star Trek or try to convert "Trekkers" to Star Wars appreciation, while trying to make them reject Star Trek.

Yes and no.

15. Your house or office is decorated with box-loads of Star Wars collection items.

A few things here and there.

16. You purchase every action figure variant in existence, even if the difference is a slightly different color of a uniform, hair, etc.

I'm not rich. If I were I very well might.

16. You actually think the Star Wars galaxy is a parallel world to ours.

Nope...and I think this is a test for insanity instead of fanboyism now.

17. You have made a trip to the hospital because of an lightsaber "duel" with friends gone terribly wrong.

Hmm...nope.

18. You try to convince friends Star Wars is "better" than the Lord of the Rings films, or try to convert Rings-fans into Star Wars fans, while trying to make them reject LOTR.

Yep. Can't stand LotR. Worst novels I've ever read (and I've read a lot of terrible Star Wars novels)

19. You become angry when fantasy fans, film critics or just about anyone else criticizes the Star Wars films, George Lucas, or claims he is a "bad director."

I become annoyed since a lot of the comments are made in ignorance.

20. You redecorate any part of your apartment/home to look like the interior of a Star Wars dwelling or spaceship.

Cool idea...think I'll make my movie-room into that when the money starts rolling in.

21. You refer to your significant other by Star Wars character names (ex. calling a girlfriend "Leia" or a boyfriend "Anakin").

Hmm...nope.

22. You think the Force is a real religion, and attempt to live by every standard of the Jedi code seen in the films and the Expanded Universe.

Nope.

23. You collect every piece of Star Wars merchandise in existence--with no plan to ever sell the collection.

I think this question has already been asked.

24. You act "dark" and go through the world pretending to be Sith-like.

Well...not on purpose :p

25. You think Star Wars is the greatest artistic feat in world history.

Hmm...either Star Wars or the ceiling painting :p

26. You watch the Star Wars films every time they are broadcast on TV, even if you have the films on VHS, VCD or DVD.

Naw...though I usually stop on it for a minute or two.

27. During sex, you imagine your partner is one of the actors/characters from the Star Wars films.

:/

28. You are a member of no less than five Star Wars message boards.

Only 3 :)

29. You hate the Lord of the Rings films with a passion and think the two LOTR films' Academy Award (for Best Picture) nominations is Hollywood's underhanded way of slapping George Lucas by "celebrating" any fantasy film or series except his Prequel films.

Don't hate the films (just the books) but I do think they're overrated.

Though I do think that the Academy Awards are shafting Lucas.

30. You resent the fact that Spider-Man earned more money than Attack of the Clones.

Nope. Just surprised.

31. You wear Star Wars character costumes....even when it is not Halloween, a costume party or costume competitions.

Nope.

32. You style your hair to look like any Star Wars character.

Not purposely.

33. You believe Lord of the Rings is a ripoff of Star Wars.

Nope.

34. You fantasize about sexual relations with Star Wars alien life-forms.

Um...no.

35. You can say "I've learned everything I need to know about life from Star Wars" and really mean it.

No.

36. You post lists like this to Star Wars related message boards.

Hmm...I don't think I have...though I can't remember all 10,000 posts.

37. You purchase every new re-packaged box set of the Original Trilogy, even if the only difference is in box art and/or a five-minute commentary by Lucas about his next film.

No. Though I have bought 2.

38. You believe you will be the "ONE" to marry Natalie Portman or Hayden Christensen.

Let me keep the fantasy man! Just kidding. Portman's pretty but probably not my type.

39. You will call an exorcist to rid your child of "the evil" if he or she favors Star Trek and does not like Star Wars to any degree.

Hmm...

40. You think Boba Fett deserves a movie series of his own.

Hey...better than Ewoks.

41. You cringe when some random person asks "Star Wars? ain't that the TV show about the guy with the pointed ears?"

No. Just look at them like their complete and utter morons.

• 12 years later...

Hi,

I am the guy who was "angeluss" 12 years ago.

Oh my ****ing god, what an absolute bell end I sound here.

Anyway, Justus was spot on, as an adult and with a proper subjective and objective eye, the prequels are utterly dreadful!!

Cannot believe I defended ANY of this crap.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.