Fan Boys/Fans

phonz3

angeluss:

Oh there are many "b" boys in this board, too many to mention, they are fans because they go about bashing SW in a fanatical manner. They dont get their daily fix unless they p!ss someone off.

Dark Weirdo is one such person.

I would not catagorize Dark Weirdo in this way, since he has expressed many interesting viewpoints on the various subjects. You may not like what DW has to say, or become p!ssed off by his posts, but he is hardly "fanantical" about anything around here.

IMO, true fanaticism would be a case like some of the Trek/Rings fans I referred to in my last post--the kind of people damning and slamming ALL things Star Wars--including the OT.

Dark Weirdo has expressed many interesting viewpoints?

Where? Not on Nightly!

I have never seen anything but "Thats troll behaviour!" or "That is so fanboyish" or "If thats not trollish then I dont know what is"

I have NEVER even seen him mention SW in any of his posts. Its always just bashing.

The FanBoy list continues!

45. Much like #42 on the FanBoy list, You slam the Original Trilogy in nearly every way imaginable, in an attempt to deflect criticism of the Prequels, when it was the OT which attracted many of the "#45s" to Star Wars in the first place.

46. You defend George Lucas no matter what terrible and/or thoughtless decisions he makes and will go to great, exhaustive lengths to tell anyone why GL's bad decisions were entertaining, necessary, "correct" or anything else to remove criticism from 'ol GL.

Examples of #46 appear in any setting where discussions about The Ewoks/Droids cartoon, the Ewoks TV-movies, Jar-Jar Binks and any other LFL production that does more to cheapen and/or stupefy the legacy of Star Wars, than sustain it.

47. You have deep fantasies about Natalie Portman. Unlkie that which appears on #38 on the FanBoy list, you (not only) collect every picture of Portman, but look at the pictures every day, bring her up in conversations at least three times a week, and adore this actress of questionable ability so much that you might plan to produce your amateur film, and think you can get Portman to star in it...possibly as the oh-so-Heavenly gateway to starting a personal relationship with her.

Needless to say, you should not be surprised if you end up on a number of "special" lists at some time in the future...and if you live in the U.S., this would include a F.B.I. file or a reference on the TV series America's Most Wanted...

More.....

48. You go off on some tirade against so-called "bashers" and suggest the mere existence of opinions opposite of your own are preventing you from discussing anything on a Prequels-related message board, as if every thread is the mythical "bash-a-thon" or the views of anyone else somehow stops you from posting your thoughts.

Last time I checked, Pro-bashing Mind-Control version 1.0 was not a feature of this or any other message board, yet a #48 acts as though he or she is under a command not to post their thoughts.

...er....yeah.

To continue, if you are a #48, you also have the habit of telling anyone you seem to hold odd hostilities toward to "go to the OT board" which is a comment operating in the same neighborhood as #44 on the FanBoy list.

If you are a #48, you may tend to forget that the PT is supposed to be connected to the OT, therefore references or comparisons to--or discussions about the OT in a Prequels board is not only logical, but justified.

Oh, well! laugh

...more...

49. You post complaints/rants at one Star Wars message board site about members of another site's message board.

This behavior is petty and cowardly in the extreme as is any behavior leading anyone to complain about another board's member or members when they should address the person at the board where the subject of the complaint exists.

Some FanBoys/Girls do this as a way of crying/pleading for support in their near-psychotic, and assuredly weak campaign to attack a member or members when they fail to do this with the member holding their attention.

This is a classic example of obsessive behavior (as well as near-psychotic) as the FanBoy/Girl cannot ignore the member or avoid engaging in conflicts with the member, so they seek some kind of "control" over the situation by running off to other site's boards to complain, cry and spit internet venom.

Some will deny this occurs, but it is usually the guilty who will be the first to deny this FanBoy syndrome exists.

:)

This is getting old...fast.

You are not any kind of authority Justus, you just talk BS most of the time.

But maybe if I make this post and insult you a little, you will dedicate no. 50 to me.

Come on, think of one more, based on this post.

Like erm......no.50 Im a douche bag!

quote:

Originally posted by angeluss:

This is getting old...fast.

You are not any kind of authority Justus

phonz3 posted a question, and I addressed it, and do so to this day.

I did not claim to be any "authority" on this, so you're posting out of your a$$...again.

quote:

you just talk BS most of the time.

Sure...try selling that anywhere. laugh

quote:

But maybe if I make this post and insult you a little, you will dedicate no. 50 to me.

I have no need to attack you by making you "50" as much as you may want that to happen. You are becoming entirely too defensive here...especially if any of the 49 points do not apply to you....

Get over it or continue to allow a list (others in this thread see as humorous) to disturb you to any degree.

laugh

quote:

Originally posted by angeluss:

Some of those do apply to me, but you are no kind of authority to say that they are fanboy antics!

1. I've already posted the fact that I never said I was an authority...but you keep insisting the opposite.

Delusion is not a pretty thing, angeluss. laugh

2. You are actually verifying how correct the list is, since you admit to some of it applying /representing you. If this is the case, then swallow your embarassment.

quote:

I think fanboys do nothing but bash the guy that created the thing they claim to be fans of, then make lists, stating what a fanboy is.....

From another view looking at Nightly, I could suggest a true FanBoy is one who becomes so defensive and/or hostile that he rants incessantly about another member's list on FanBoy traits as if some great secret has been revealed for all of the world to see....but #50 will not involve the whacky world of angeluss.

laugh

By the way, I believe it was last week when you implied (in fear of being "pulled back in") you would stay away from this kind of argument or situation?

Ah pay no attention!

I say that every week.

I've stated many times that I would try to be clean cut, but I always manage to spark some kind of arguement. I think I may have some kind of disorder!

My friend Jim sits there going, "Just ignore the posts and go to another thread." He always seems to excercise control but I seem unable to do so.

(in other words, take my b!tching with a pinch of salt, as I usually dont mean what I say)

Justus:

The FanBoy list continues!

45. Much like #42 on the FanBoy list, You slam the Original Trilogy in nearly every way imaginable, in an attempt to deflect criticism of the Prequels, when it was the OT which attracted many of the "#45s" to Star Wars in the first place.

I have a question. Are you saying no one is allowed to voice crticism about the OT? Because, while it was what brought people to Star Wars, because I do have complaints about it like some of the acting, dialogue, etc. and always have.

It seems to me that you are saying no one is allowed to voice criticism against the OT just like some of the PT people you mention in your list. It sounds like you are contradicting yourself.

Before you ask, do I like the PT? TPM, no, AOTC, yes. DO I like the PT better than the OT? Absolutely not. They are two totally different pieces of story that cannot be compared.

quote:

Originally posted by randydaniel24:

I have a question. Are you saying no one is allowed to voice crticism about the OT?

Not at all. The quote you posted refers to those who slam...in other words trash nearly every aspect of the OT, which is usally the end-result of some sort of defense of the PT. This type of person may have praised or just enjoyed the OT to a good degree before the existence of the PT, but as the PT years moved forward and many PT criticisms appeared, some fans instantly became so defensive and/or hostile, they would resort to slamming the OT, esepacially if an opposing viewpoint claimed the OT was "better" in any catagory.

From my understanding, this example does not apply to you, since you do not trash or slam the OT to the extreme degree or manner referred to in #45.

Cool...but I do personally think there is no way to compare the two and say which one is better. My biggest complaint is that everyone dogs the acting in the PT. While it's not anywhere near Oscar caliber, I think they are being directed to be more proper and "wooden" as some people refer to in order to show that it was a different era than that of the OT and the way people carry themselves through speech, posture, etc. is more like the Victorian period. Stiff, proper and regimented.

An example of this would be to take a look at Titanic and compare how those people carried themselves and spoke to a latter era such as the time after World War I, World War II or even today for that matter. If you do that, the time of the Titanic seems much more stiff or "wooden."

I think what Lucas is getting at, and no, I don't defend him on everything, is that the oppression of the Empire changed the demeanor of the galaxy and how people react and speak. I think it has nothing to do with the acting abilities of Hayden, Natalie, or anyone for that matter. I think it was a choice of the director. Was it a good or bad choice? Well, that's left to everyone's opinion. I can accept it. But don't criticize the actors. Check out there other movies and you'll see the acting ability they have. Hayden was outstanding in Life As a House and Natalie showed her stuff in Anywhere But Here. And stuff is in reference to her ability as an actress and not any body part.... :)

50. You call Star Trek fans "geeks" and "nerds" for speaking Klingon, wearing Vulcan ears, dressing up in the full costume of a favorite Trek character and/or addressing each other by titles found in the Federation or any other Trek organization yet see no similarities to the Trek "geeks" when you and your associates wear any kind Star Wars costuming, carry Star Wars weapon props and greet each other by the titles found in the Rebellion, Empire or Jedi Order (see related behavior on using language & titles in #5)...

51. You wear the same hair/beard/clothing style of George Lucas and attempt to walk, speak and laugh like the man. In conversations on film, you adopt Lucas quotes (especially quotes related to making the Star Wars films) as though you created the GL-lines...

devil

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to dear Darth Feral (and another guy) turning the What Lucas SHOULD do for Episode III thread into a so-called "you hate the Prequels/avoid the discussion" song and dance routine, it reminds me of some of the entries found in this thread:

44. You visit Star Wars-related message boards, where all opinions are accepted, but you attack anyone with even a slight criticism about any part of SW, as though the message board exists for only one kind of opinion, and any astonishingly mislabeled "negative" opinion is not "allowed."

If you are this sort of person, you might have the tendency to hurl words like "basher" around or make upside-down comments such as "why do you post here?" or "if you do not like this Prequel film, you will not like the next one"

46. You defend George Lucas no matter what terrible and/or thoughtless decisions he makes and will go to great, exhaustive lengths to tell anyone why GL's bad decisions were entertaining, necessary, "correct" or anything else to remove criticism from 'ol GL.

Even Nightly's endless political threads are not so one-sided as the kind of discussions (of a certain nature) found in this forum.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.