Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Darkness

6 replies to this topic

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts

The Darkness

"This is delicious," she said pushing away her plate. "The shrimp scampi over fettuccine's to die for. "

"A little messy and as fabulous as you, Josie, my dear. " He pulled her hands over the table.

"Daniel, I've had a wonderful evening. Only us here. "

"Except for that stupid thorn on that red rose. I hate that drop of blood marring your skin. "

"Honest mistake. " She felt his tension. "Why are we eating in complete darkness?"

"It heightens the other senses--makes food taste better," he replied, rubbing circles just below her wrists. "No preconceptions."

"What's wrong?"

"That Hemingway exhibit coming next year... I won't see it with you. "

"Business again? Postpone it. It's the first edition True at First Light."

"This is what I'll see. "

"How long have you known?"

"Right before I met you. " He let her go. "This is my future... our future if..."

"I don't care. I love you, Daniel."

The lights came on revealing her favorite Italian restaurant.

Her eyes blinked taking snapshots. Red rose dead center between them. Half full Merlot wineglasses. Remains of their Caesar salads and their empty entree plates.

The final snapshot-- Daniel on his knees next to her.

"Josephine, will you marry me?" He presented her with a platinum diamond solitaire ring cushioned in a red box.

"In sickness and health. Daniel, forever yes and more." She blinked back tears.

He held the ring before her.

"Josephine and Daniel together forever and more," she read.

He slid the ring onto her finger. "I want this burned into my memory. "

"Can't waste any more time." She pulled him up as his smile broke across his face.

Outside, they pulled on their sunglasses as a unit. Arm in arm they crossed in front of the restaurant.

Daniel looked left then shoved her away.

"Daniel!" She fell to her knees as he hit the SUV's windshield then flew over the passenger's side.

The SUV never stopped, taking a right on two tires.

She rushed to his side and cradled his bleeding head.

"What does your heart tell you?" he chocked out.

"The same as yours... I love you forever. " She kissed his forehead.

Daniel's wedding present-- his funeral.

Edited by GreenLightBaby, 02 May 2010 - 09:44 PM.

Foxglove

Foxglove

24-7 Rachet!

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
:lol: I knew this was going to end badly! Good job, I like it.

As an aside, I could never eat in the dark. I have a strong phobia about bugs in my food so I just could never do it. :blush:

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts

:lol: I knew this was going to end badly! Good job, I like it.

As an aside, I could never eat in the dark. I have a strong phobia about bugs in my food so I just could never do it. :blush:

Awww, but if you've been reading the contests entries, you already know how it turns out. B-)

I can't do the dark either. I want to see what I'm eating.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• Supporter/Mods
  • 42,592 posts
That last line is ****ing cold blooded. LMFAO

This was Da Bomb! Thanks for whipping your muse until it happened. :drool:

Nixie

Nixie

showing all my haters love

• Members
  • 2,166 posts
you could totally get a job on lost! you have these massive epics in your head and dole them out for us one awesome piece at a time.

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts

That last line is ****ing cold blooded. LMFAO
This was Da Bomb! Thanks for whipping your muse until it happened. :drool:

Thanks. I was laughing when I wrote that line.

you could totally get a job on lost! you have these massive epics in your head and dole them out for us one awesome piece at a time.

Thanks. I do write a lot of flashbacks in my stories, but I don't think I could write that much without a lot of filler. A friend of mine asked me about the series I'm writing if it were made, would it be movies or tv series. I told him movies. Too much filler if I wanted to do it like 24.

BTW, if the story sounds vaguely familiar... Zero Hour :D

Sheep Murderer

Sheep Murderer

Sure I'm a boy?

• Members
  • 6,986 posts
Hehehe. Nice! My type of story.

Reply to this topic