Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Young Justice

54 replies to this topic

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts
Wait. So who's Artemis? It was Speedy in the teaser.

Obi_Wan_Kenobi_0

Obi_Wan_Kenobi_0

• Members
  • 1,614 posts
Did anyone see the pilot? I thought it was great! Sucks we have to wait until January for the rest of the show.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,745 posts
Are they rerunning it anytime soon? This has been a lousy weekend for TV to be begging for my attention.

Wait. So who's Artemis? It was Speedy in the teaser.

In the original YJ series her name was Arrowette. Maybe they thought that sounded silly?

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
I managed to find the pilot on youtube, thought it was excellent! I think this could potentially be a great show, like the same level as Justice League Unlimited, it has a similar feel to it as that show. Its a little strange that Robin is Dick Grayson and in a team with Superboy and Miss Martian but it has its own continuity so I'll see how it goes, hes my favourite Robin anyway.

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts
Robin was hacking computers half of his airing time, so I choose to believe he's Tim Drake.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
And the other half he was laughing and joking around like Dick Grayson. Its been confirmed its Dick (and Wally West) anyway.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
YJ premiered yesterday, or so CBR says. Anyone catch it? I forgot about the show until I saw that CBR post on Facebook.

Dom

Dom

Proper Rogue

• Members
  • 5,394 posts
That was just the re-aired pilot episode from a couple months ago. New episodes aren't for another week or so.

Dom

Dom

Proper Rogue

• Members
  • 5,394 posts

Mercury

Mercury

Pariah

• Members
  • 6,504 posts
I just caught the pilot on YouTube and was really impressed. The animation was pretty solid and each character had their own distinct personality. I'm really looking forward to the series. :thumbsup:

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
Anyone been watching this? Thought the first few episodes have been excellent, especially this last one with Amazo. Love the little touches like Robin using escrima sticks and Kid Flash constantly eating. Superboy is a little annoying at the moment but I'm sure his character will develop.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,495 posts
I'm digging it a lot. Interesting take on Robin... i guess they had to differentiate him from the Robin in Teen Titans. Do we know which Robin this is? Feels like Tim's costume and age, a split of Tim and Jason's personality.

Honestly though-- the more I watch this show, the more I want to see a Justice League show based in this universe.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
The Robin is Dick Grayson. I don't know why people think its Tim Drake, hes a wisecracking daredevil using escrima sticks whos best friends with Wally West! You put long pants on Robin and it seems its automaticallly Tim, I guess its because he has hacked a few computers in the show but Dick Grayson is very smart also, hes not some athletic jock. Hes 13 in the show and has been Robin for a 4-5 years at this point, hes the first and most experienced of the sidekicks despite being the youngest. They made a big point in the previous episode that hes "born to lead this team" which is another Grayson trait, a team leader.

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Ixion, 06 February 2011 - 02:26 AM.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,495 posts
Jeeze, simmer down

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts
MY GOD. Is Liefeld drawing covers and signing under Lee's name?

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
If Rob had drawn that cover Batman's ankles and feet would have been conveniently hidden behind something... oh wait. ;)

lovecraftian

lovecraftian

Uatu the Watcher's Intern

• Members
  • 1,511 posts
I'm really digging this show, actually. The continuity gaffs are fine by me, since they're not actually mistakes or mess-ups at all. Evidently, this show (and its tie-in comic) takes place on Earth-16, so they're just establishing that Earth's own continuity. I don't know about y'all, but I'm all for actually developing some of the 52 Earths as opposed to letting them lie fallow.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,495 posts
I could give a crap about DC's various Earth's. I would NEVER assume a new original series would stick to any official cannon. How many Batman series have we had in the last 20 years that are completely different, yet true to the basic mythos?

Young Justice is shaping up to be awesome-- though like i said, with every episode i want to see this particular universe's Justice League. The diner lunch between Clark and Bruce to talk about Superboy was awesome.

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts
Of the 9 episodes out, I would rate 4 to have been enjoyable. The writing of the show is all over the place in a bad way.
Also a note: if at least one of those jokers in the Light conspiracy isn't Luthor, I'm disappointed "At least one" you ask ? Because Luthor is a bastard like that.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,745 posts
Finally watched an entire episode this past Friday, the one introducing Kon-El. It was lacking in personality compared to Teen Titans (or even to other DC cartoons), and I'm at an age where listening to teen super-heroes whining about how their adult superiors are BEENING MEAN just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I might be inclined to give it more chances if it weren't in such a crappy time slot. Fridays at 7 are usually spoken for, and I'm not enthusiastic enough to go look up the rerun times.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
I'm still digging the show but I'm getting a little tired how every episode ends with the floating heads saying everything has gone to plan no matter how many times they lose.

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts
The Light is Enron ?

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts
Last week's episode scripted by courtesy of one Peter David.

Transducer X

Transducer X

• Members
  • 2,434 posts
The show returns on September 29. I'm a massive fan. It's probably the one show the whole family watches together.

Transducer X

Transducer X

• Members
  • 2,434 posts
Excellent episode! We now have two Roy Harpers running around, one is (ex?) Red Arrow and the other is Arsenal. So many open story lines right now...

Reply to this topic