Marvel's The Avengers

Wally Q

Guest The Variable

i liked bana, and i loved ang lee's hulk (better than that piece of video game **** norton was in). would love to see bana back in the role.

norton can go suck a dick. he stars in pretty good movies, but he's not that great of an actor.

I still like my Krasinski idea better.

However Emerson is very intriquing. If you look at various pics of him, specially when he's smiling, and then look at various pics of Bill Bixby there is a bit of a resemblance. I'd say like a once removed and then nerdier version of Bixby.

Here's another idea, born from Joss being involved... Alan Tudyk as Banner. What do you think? Could it work?

Yeah, I heard about that this morning. Looks like he's the likely candidate. I have to admit, he's a great actor. If they must replace Norton, I wouldn't mind it if it was someone of his acting caliber. He's definitely no slouch.

Agreed. If he hadn't been in the Hulk movie already, it wouldn't be a big deal. However, they purposely have made the movies all lead to the Avengers movie and now Banner is going to suddenly look different. It was a little easier to swallow with War Machine, because I actually liked the new actor better and thought he was a better fit. I doubt that will be the case this time.

Right now, no. That movie comes out next summer, and Avengers the next year. They're banking on it being a hit, which will MAKE him a name.

The Hulk movie has already been made, and they were expecting Norton to continue on. Since that's not happening, in their attempt to salvage it, I think they will/should go for at least a fairly established name to make it more credible. Thor WILL be established by the time Avengers comes out. Even if the Thor movie fails, it'll still be out there, current, relevant, and consistent.

But if the idea is an ensemble, no one's gonna give a **** about a no name. I've never been a fan of Mark Ruffalo, but at least people will know who he is.

I had to ask Wiki, actually. I haven't had a chance to watch Shutter Island yet, so maybe that's why. Still, I'd hardly call him a big star. And just because Thor will be "current and established", I don' t really see how that makes that guy in the same league as the rest of the ensemble. He could very well just be "that guy that played Thor".

Incidentally, Alexis Denisof isn't a box office draw, but he is a good actor, looks the part, and has "geek cred", having starred in both Buffy and Angel and appeared in things such as The Highlander series and Dollhouse, as well as done voice work on Batman Beyond and Justice League Unlimited. To me, the big name ensemble is cool and all, but I want a quality movie, most of all. If a lesser name is a better fit for a part than some A-list guy, I'd rather have the lesser name guy. I want to see a great Avengers movie, not Oceans 23. :shrug:

I will always call him Captain Kirk's Daddy. As he was a shining scene stealer of awesome in the opening of Star Trek 2009. A big part of me wished that his character was Kirk and that the Kirk character wasn't Kirk and then the Kirk that would be Kirk in this idea then cheated death right at the end there, transporting out of the ship at the last moment. Then I'd make the pregger into Carol Marcus and the baby into David Marcus. Then of course the angry kid Kirk scene would be gone, but maybe I'd leave in the drunk Kirk scene but instead have it be Drunk Gary Mitchell as played by Chris Pine. And then...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.