Marvel's The Avengers

Wally Q

You'd pay to see Catwoman giving Batman the wrong address to a house?

It takes all kinds, I guess.

As long as Catwoman is played by Anne Hathaway, I would pay to see pretty much anything.

Avengers Coming To A.B.C. Television!

Marvel Studio’s smash hit, “The Avengers Assemble“ has truly conquered the American box office this summer, amassing over a whopping $625 million at the domestic box office so far. In the “Believe it or Not” section of reality, Marvel Studios is also looking to possibly take this bigger-than-life superhero team-up to the small screen, with an Avenger’s themed TV show actually in the works . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Why was the homerelease re-titled Avengers Assemble ? I keep thinking it was so as not to confuse with the other Avengers of catsuits and multifunctional umbrellas fame but then my brain crashes into the stupidity barrier.

Are you overseas? The film was titled Avengers Assemble in the overseas market, eg. The UK, Europe. It had that title due to copyright / confusion with The Avengers spy series, which has a large following and originated in that market.

Another somewhat similar situation happened with the Captain America film. In some markets the name Captain America didn't even appear in the title.

• 1 month later...

Brando made me think about The Beek, James Van Der Beek. I originally thought The Flash, but I have a better idea... Ant-Man. The Beek would be awesome as Ant-Man.

He's still "young", still in good shape. He's got a smart jock look to him, could be believable as a superhero scientist. I also think he could do the darker, crazier parts of Hank Pym's personality.

Plus The Beek would look right, fit in, with the look of the rest of the cast. It works visually.

Ant-Man is rad.

He presents an opportunity to explore story points in a superhero genre, especially on film and especially from the hero's perspective, that haven't been touched before. In addition to that he is an embodiment of classic sci-fi.

Idealist

Super scientist

Size changing

Retains full strength when ant size

Ant control

Marksman

Acrobatics

Martial Arts

Ant-Man also seems to suffer from schizoaffective disorder and dissociative identity disorder. Because of this he also turns to drinking and he can be abusive.

Dex,

Think about Perception, but add in the multiple persona disorder. Remove that procedural cop show stuff, but keep the rest of the set up. Now add super science, super hero stuff as the hook. Now allow your lead character to truly fall and have to deal with those pieces of his life.

Ant-Man is rad.

I don't think you're going to convince him of anything, because I don't think you're going to get him to go beyond the name. But even if that's not true, I've still yet to see any real defense of Thor as anything other than a B-level character prior to the movie. Like I said, his heyday before this was Adventures in Babysitting.

Whats the plan here? I know "Phase 2" is going to be Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Cap 2, and Avengers 2, but are they going to go for trilogies all around? I'd like to see them tie it up with this round of films - I don't want such a good thing to get burned out OMG IT CAN BE AWQSUM FOREVER

Guardians of the Galaxy is part of Phase 2, and Ant Man may or may not be, since they can't seem to get their **** together to get that one made.

I'm guessing they're just going to keep expanding this and as long as the quality stays the same, I'm on board. My biggest concern is I know the actors won't want to keep playing the same characters forever, and they'll get older.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.