Marvel's The Avengers

Wally Q

• 4 weeks later...

I would first like to say hi to all those who I know and welcome those that I don't, i pop in and out ever few years.

Secondly I would like to say I loved this film, Avengers was a great film to watch and a first as far as all these seperate story lines kind of merging, I may be wrong but its a first as far as i can tell.

But there were a couple of things that bothered me about the film, that I cannot get my head around, when Capt america, thor and Iron Man are going at each other in the forest in the mountains, thor hits him with his lighting, which instead of damaging Iron mans suit it gives him 400% power increase(they make a big deal of it by giving it screen time) and then to clarify the big deal they made they have Tony say, "hmmm, interesting" so kind of gives you an idea they will go with this later in the story... and then nothing, even when Iron Man is running out of power and trying to get into the wormhole and then falling, he never goes, Hey thor another lighting bolt, can you strike me again, i need the power.

second bit that bothered me was the big secret that banner had about keeping calm and not turning into hulk, after building it up throughout the film he says, "I am aways angry" errr ok, they why are you not always hulk or if he can control it why turn into hulk on board the ship???

Sorry if they were brought up before I did go a few pages through and couldnt find the references but would like other peoples opinions on this... again i did enjoy the film but these did kind of stick out as unfinshed or misplaced?

With the Iron Man thing I could only say that maybe he was too pre-occupied dealing with a giant nuclear missile to think about a lightning bolt, they might make use of the power up in future films though.

With the Hulk thing I think of it as Banner being able to change himself anytime he wants, however he is never in control of the Hulk and also still changes sometimes without his control. The end of Incredible Hulk made me think that he can now change at will.

I imagine the "I'm always angry" bit was one of the things that bothered Edward Norton, too.

I thought it was out of character, but it worked so well with the general vibe off the movie I easily let it slide.

Scott Pilgrim was amazeballs. Choc, why are you so wrong all the time? Are you a robot?

Is amazeballs good or bad?

It was so awful, I couldn't even watch it. I mean I get it, video games.

Shaun of the Dead is pretty good though.

Re: Hulk on the Hellicarrier. When Loki first boards the ship he smiles at Banner who suddenly has to rub his eyes and looks in discomfort, then Black Widow says "Loki is manipulating you" to Banner, and Banner ends up raising Loki's staff just moments before he turns into the Hulk. So he might be able to control it but in that case he was being manipulated by Loki, which was Loki's plan and reason for being captured. Black Widow: "Loki means to unleash the Hulk."

Scott Pilgrim was amazeballs. Choc, why are you so wrong all the time? Are you a robot?

I'm with Choc. Hated that movie. Not quite at a Napoleon Dynamite or Talladega Nights level, but I definitely didn't care for it.

I'm with Choc. Hated that movie. Not quite at a Napoleon Dynamite or Talladega Nights level, but I definitely didn't care for it.

I thought Napoleon Dynamite sucked and I thought that Scott Pilgrim went to an even further level of suckiness.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.