Marvel's The Avengers

Wally Q

Hi guys,

I want to watch the Avengers movie but I haven't seen any of the preceding superhero films. I plan to catch up with my daughter over the coming weeks before seeing the new film. Could anyone recommend a viewing order? Should I watch the movies based on their chronological release date (Beginning with Iron Man) or in the order that the timeline suggests (IE: Captain America first as it's set in WWII).</p>

Thanks!

I like this idea for viewing order:

Captain America: The First Avenger

Iron Man

Iron Man 2

The Incredible Hulk

Thor

The Avengers

Ultimately I don't think it matters much. But it is a little tricky because there are parts of the movies that are happening concurrently so its hard to give a definitive order I'd say.

Yeah I thought about that, you're probably right. If we wanted to get really nerdy (wouldn't be beyond anyone here) you could separate the movies themselves lol.

Also there's the scene with Fury and Stark where Fury had been watching the news about the Hulk, I can't remember if that was a tag or in IM2 somewhere. I read too, recently, that the big storm in the Hulk is a result of Thor too.

I'm currently watching all of the films in the order they came out with a group of friends. We did Iron man Monday, Hulk last night, and Iron man 2 tonight. Thor and Captain America will run back to back heading into the Avengers tomorrow.

I had already seen everything but Hulk. So thiking out on the films, I really wish that Iron man 2 and Captain America would've been switched in their releases. Captain America could've been it's own movie and not have to worry about finishing the knot heading into the Avengers. Iron Man 2 would've been the perfect movie going into the Avengers, since Iron Man was already developed it could've done what it did and still give a great lead into the Avengers

Guest El Chalupacabra

Hey does the new Avengers movie ignore the Ang Lee Hulk movie, or the Ed Norton version? Or both?

iron man 2 was the only one that i did totally hate. god dammit.

the incredible hulk was okay, i guess. the first half, at least.

thor was nice visually, yet preposterous story wise (not the magic ****, the plot).

iron man was boring.

captain america was so terrible i turned it off.

the hulk was ****.

Just the Ang Lee one. The Ed Norton one is part of the Avengers universe, they just replaced Norton with Mark Ruffalo.

Actually, as far as comic book continuity is concerned, Ang Lee's version (basically) did it right. The Ed Norton vehicle basically rehashed the tv show.

Ang Lee's film (although long and not very action packed) was FAR superior to the, ill conceived, 'relaunch' years later!

The Hulk gets angrier, bigger, stronger, rapidly heals, AND, leaps miles at a time! The relaunch touched upon none of that!

The casting was better, and the Hulk looked better, imo, in Ang Lee's film. Plus, the innovative use of comic book frames and motion picture fade-outs was impressive!

Incredible Hulk > Ang Lee's Hulk anyday.

I am rarely so bored by a film that I have to switch it off and come back to it and I had to do that several times with Hulk. Plus the main threat in the end is a giant blob....seriously?

Give me Nortons version anyday. Well acted, great story and had something Ang Lees version had absolutely none of: fun!

Well that was freaking awesome. That was the most enjoyment I've gotten out of watching a movie in the theatre in a long time.

I thought it was just about perfect for what it was: a fun, action, popcorn, summer, superhero flick. I loved all the humor in it. I really really enjoyed it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.