Marvel's The Avengers

Wally Q

I'm all for Pym being introduced, as my fanboy hopes of him building Ultron who would then build Vision are now closer to being a possibility ;)

Seriously though, that all sounds neat. I'd have personally hoped for Baron Zemo instead of Arnim Zola, but it's alright and will probably be made interesting either way.

Eh. I know B and C-list characters usually get their tryout in A-lister films, but we know where this going to go: BP hunts Banner based on false information/character assissination, but in the end, he sees Ross and Co. as the true threat / hearltess monster (with ties that will appear in other Marvel movies), so BP and Banner become best buds.

I prefer a BP solo origin film.

Yeah, definitely. That's the only thing I was less enthused about. Black Panther has an interesting enough premise and setting to warrant his own film.

I'd have personally hoped for Baron Zemo instead of Arnim Zola, but it's alright and will probably be made interesting either way.

Yeah, I'd imagine they'd have to bring in at least one new villain character, otherwise they are all returning characters.

Oh! I forgot to mention, Sharon Carter, relative of Peggy Carter, will be Cap's new love interest... and she might also be played by Haley Atwell... Kind of strange.

I'd have personally hoped for Baron Zemo instead of Arnim Zola, but it's alright and will probably be made interesting either way.

Yeah, I'd imagine they'd have to bring in at least one new villain character, otherwise they are all returning characters..

What's wrong with that?

I think Marvel should make the Hulk franchise always a team-up franchise and/or versus film. Even play with the titles that way.

Hulk vs Doctor Doom

Hulk and his Incredible Friends*

*I'd do this with Ant-Man and Wasp.

Marvel/Disney should have fun with it. Keep the Hulk franchise Avengers/Iron Man toned, but really allow the fantasticness of the character to shine in retro, serial themes and title winks to nostalgia.

Edit: Ugh, no edit grace period? What is this 1999? ;)

^Sorry lol

And now, because it amuses me, more Hulk titles...

Hulk: Hungover

^It's in Vegas and introduces Grey Hulk aka Mr. Fixit.

Hulk vs Hydra

Red Hulk in Little China

^"Powerless" Bruce Banner on the run, teams up with Iron Fist (whose teaching Bruce to center himself). Red Hulk arrives, Bruce has to unleash the monster again despite the peace he's found.

Hulk Goes Medieval

^Doctor Strange, Black Knight and Hulk versus Morgan Le Fay in ancient England. Magics get Hulk there of course.

Lots of rumours Guardians of the Galaxy is going to be announced soon, which will lead into Avengers 2. Cosmic Marvel is my favourite part of the Marvel Universe and the run from the Thanos solo series/Annihilation through to today is fantastic, but its hard to imagine it having a wide appeal, its quite out there. Rocket Raccoon and Groot would be amazing to see though.

I thought there was supposed to be a "B"-tier for Marvel movies as well? This could fit that bill, but I really wouldn't look forward to seeing it.

In fact, I think it'd be much better for Disney/Marvel to replicate its A-level films and have solo heroes (Doctor Strange, Black Knight, et. al.) that culminates in a Defenders film. Include Hulk to bridge those worlds.

I went back and watched this again and I loved the ending mid credit scene. The line that one alien guy says something like "To do battle with them, is to court Death herself".

Seeing how that was Thano's main point for the whole Infinity Guantlet was to court death... nice touch.

I went back and watched this again and I loved the ending mid credit scene. The line that one alien guy says something like "To do battle with them, is to court Death herself".

Seeing how that was Thano's main point for the whole Infinity Guantlet was to court death... nice touch.

Nice. I didn't catch that.

You know what I think should happen in The Avengers 2... the disintegration of SHIELD. The second chapter in a trilogy is usually the "darkest" (think ESB). Kill off Nick Fury, make the Avengers have to define themselves without the infrastructure that made it possible for them to unite in the first place. If the rumors that Fury and SHIELD have a large role in Cap 2, Marvel might not feel so bad getting rid of that element. And let's face it, Whedon would probably do something that drastic, assuming he's still involved.

"rocket raccoon"

GOD I hate nerds.

You had to be there.

Not that I'm optimistic about GotG, either. Between last year's poorly renamed Legends of the Guardians and this winter's Rise of the Guardians, I'm pretty sure the market on guardian-based movies is already cornered. If Marvel wants to put a space-traveling team on the big screen, the Starjammers would seem like a much better choice.

I never knew Rocket Raccoon became part of the Guardians. Now, if they wanted to animate his late 80's mini-series, I'd be in line for that. Considering it was an early Mike Mignola assignment and that guy has a great relationship with Guillermo del Toro... Ooo.

Avengers Related . . .

Ant-Man Comes Coser To Reality!

For a long time now, it seemed almost improbable that Ant-Man:The Movie ( Not the official title ) was heading into production anytime soon, especially since director Edgar Wright had already announced principle photography would begin on “The World’s End”, his trilogy ending collaboration with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, sometime this September. Then he was set to follow that up immediately, with “The Night Stalker”, starring Johnny Depp. So many would be left thinking that any inkling of hope for an Ant-Man feature would be down the drain, and headed for development hell, as it were . .

Read more: http://http://cinemaroll.com/animation/ant-man-the-movie-comes-closer-to-reality/#ixzz2090oiaEm

Yeah. If they really wanted a space movie and since they can't do Silver Surfer, it should be solo Adam Warlock.

Also, Ant-Man is legit coming too. These will be the first two Marvel flops, especially Guardians.

Sequels coming are called Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Pretty clear what the latter is about!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.