Marvel's The Avengers

Wally Q

Slightly random, but I hope Cap lifts Thor's hammer in the next film. Everyone else is down for the count and Cap lifts Mjolnir to save the day.

On the one hand, that would be a fantastic moment, but the hammer responds to no one--even the Hulk, so audiences would be "what the--?" about the scene. I thought it was cool enough to have the mortal Cap face off against the power of Loki without an ounce of fear, or being utterly owned like some average person.

On the one hand, that would be a fantastic moment, but the hammer responds to no one--even the Hulk, so audiences would be "what the--?" about the scene. I thought it was cool enough to have the mortal Cap face off against the power of Loki without an ounce of fear, or being utterly owned like some average person.

Odin does say in the Thor film "if he be worthy", so if they make it clear what that means in Thor 2 and Avengers 2 it could work. I would like to see this scene with Cap wielding the Hammer

Kang is pretty formidable too. He's invaded Earth more than once.

Problem is, given that his origin is tied in to Reed Richards and Doctor Doom (they are both his anscestors), he may be off limits, as the rights to a Famtastic Four film are held by someone else (same reason they could not use the Skrulls in 'The Avengers', They are considered Fantastic Four enemies, and unavailable for that reason.)

Kang is pretty formidable too. He's invaded Earth more than once.

Problem is, given that his origin is tied in to Reed Richards and Doctor Doom (they are both his anscestors), he may be off limits, as the rights to a Famtastic Four film are held by someone else (same reason they could not use the Skrulls in 'The Avengers', They are considered Fantastic Four enemies, and unavailable for that reason.)

Kang would be interesting--and he's screwed with time, so that opens the door to some wild possibilities. About another studio (Fox) owning FF-related--or any other Marvel characters, eventually, I see joint sudio productions for Marvel properties. Studios co-producing/releasing a film is nothing new, and in the case of characters like Spider-Man (getting a new life this summer), Marvel Studios would benefit from the union ASAP, rather than wait for Sony's rights to end and reboot the character yet again.

I'd like to see Ultron too, but with Thanos appearing in the credits scene of the Avengers, it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to assume or speculate the villain in Avengers 2 would be anyone else. Ultron is big enough on his own that being a secondary villain wouldn't suit at all.

I'm with you on prefering Ultron to Thanos, he was my first choice of any villain to be in the Avengers movie and still is for sequels. The reason I'm excited about Thanos because it's the closest we're likely ever to get to a live action Darkseid, since Thanos is a carbon coby. I'm confident they're going to do something well enough to make it different than ONE BIG VILLAIN AND ALIEN ARMY, so I'm not worried about that yet. I'd guess it'll have something to do with the Infinity Gauntlet and be more personal than a huge invading army.

As for Ant Man... I mean, if it was Giant Man or Goliath, I'd be more accepting since the power is less lame, but just as disappointed. I know I've said it before, but Hank Pym is the most boring significant comic character I've ever read. Never once have I ever been interested in any story focusing on him and tend to gloss over whenever I read him in his scenes in stories focused on others. I know he's a classic Avenger and has been around a billion years, but I just don't care. It's like you took all the boring parts of Mr Fantastic and lamed them up even more.

There's scores of Avengers I'd rather see first-- Ms. Marvel, War Machine, Vision, Black Panther would all be easy to film additions. Mockigbird, Luke Cage, She-Hulk, and Wonder Man would be okay... Wolverine and Spidey obviously if the other studios agreed.

Ultron seems like the best fit for a villain if you ask me. MAYBE Namor? But I think he's considered part f the x-men license. Kang and Thanos are just too.. much. And too nerdy.

Ms. Marvel

Okay, now I'm wondering, is there a Ms. DC?

I imagine a Ms. Dark Horse being big and strong with a really big **** even though she's female and mofos be always trying to tame her.

Ms. Vertigo would be super evil and probably dizzy all the time.

And so on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.