Marvel's The Avengers

Wally Q

I didn't see anything wrong at all...and I was looking! More Scarlett would have been nice :) But how someone can judge film-wide cinematography on a trailer of 1-2 second flashes of action is beyond me.

I noticed that they certainly made sure everyone knew IronMan (in full costume) was in this movie! Makes financial sense to showcase him, being one of the best comic book movies yet. Still have no idea who the dude with the bow and arrow is though.

2. There's obviously not a lot of FX work done yet-- there was no big piece of eye candy.

...and most of it seems to be excerpts from the same 10-15 minute stretch. Loki escapes form custody, the heroes argue, the street gets blowed up. I'm sure that's not the whole movie, but it makes the whole thing feel narrow.

4. As a young goth teenager in the 90s who secretly loved superhero comics I'd have never believed you if you told me there'd be an Avengers movie using a nine inch nails song in its trailer.

Totally agreed, as a '80s/'90s teen whose musical tastes didn't match his K-Mart wardrobe. Assuming we eventually get a trailer full of extra explodo, they need to set it to Ministry's "Burning Inside".

2. There's obviously not a lot of FX work done yet-- there was no big piece of eye candy.

...and most of it seems to be excerpts from the same 10-15 minute stretch. Loki escapes form custody, the heroes argue, the street gets blowed up. I'm sure that's not the whole movie, but it makes the whole thing feel narrow.

4. As a young goth teenager in the 90s who secretly loved superhero comics I'd have never believed you if you told me there'd be an Avengers movie using a nine inch nails song in its trailer.

Totally agreed, as a '80s/'90s teen whose musical tastes didn't match his K-Mart wardrobe. Assuming we eventually get a trailer full of extra explodo, they need to set it to Ministry's "Burning Inside".

HA!

Doesn't matter, Hulk's stupid and quick to start trashing **** and Thor is an arrogant bastard who's always looking for a good rumble.

Thor WAS arrogant...but Natalie Portman changed all that. She has that gift, ya know.

And can someone tell me who the guy with the arrow is supposed to be? The only super hero I know is the Green Arrow from Smallville. That dude isn't green. And he's DC.

I'm curious about this movie--but i'm not geeked up over it. That's probably due to most of the "Marvel Universe" films coming off as an "oh, well" experience--aside from Cap and IM1. Hopefully, Whedon was able to get out of his own head and remember what source he's using.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.