Marvel's The Avengers

Wally Q

All I can see is the picture of Black Widow. I mean, I'm sure there are other pictures there, I just can't look away long enough to see.

All I can see is the picture of Black Widow. I mean, I'm sure there are other pictures there, I just can't look away long enough to see.

god seriously she is SEX personified. just looking at a picture of her turns me into a bumbling dork face. I can't imagine what it would be like if I ever actually met her.

I used to have a geekcrush on her, but not so much anymore. She's become really skanky, imo. And not because of the hacked pics. It's a process she's been on for a while, again imo. Maybe it's because the more she talked the more I realized she seems to be pretty close to her Ghost World character... ho hum mean and dumb. As for her as Widow, eh, it's okay. I think the look they had for her in Iron Man 2 was much better. And yes, I'm talking about her hair. LOL Damn I can't get away from that.

I know that Julianna Moore is too old, but for many years I pictured her or an actress similar to her as Natasha/Natalia/Widow. Dina Meyer too.

few thoughts...

1. Walt has a point. something about this looks really bland, visually. I don't know that it's the cinematography, or overly flat lighting... or just the fact there's no style? looks like a TV show almost. Not in terms of quality, but in lighting and composition.

2. There's obviously not a lot of FX work done yet-- there was no big piece of eye candy.

3. The characterizations all seem to be integrating awesomely. That's good cause if it's solid the rest of the stuff takes a back seat.

4. As a young goth teenager in the 90s who secretly loved superhero comics I'd have never believed you if you told me there'd be an Avengers movie using a nine inch nails song in its trailer.

1. Walt has a point. something about this looks really bland, visually. I don't know that it's the cinematography, or overly flat lighting... or just the fact there's no style? looks like a TV show almost. Not in terms of quality, but in lighting and composition.

D.P. is Seamus McGarvey and was nominated for an Academy Award for Cinematography on Atonement.

Other credits include Nowhere Boy, The Soloist, Charlotte's Web, World Trade Center, Sahara, Along Came Polly, and The Hours.

He's done some good stuff... so why is a film that's probably budgeted more than all of said projects combined so ugly to look at?

We don't even know how many shots in the trailer are going to make the finished cut. You're free to have your own opinion, I'm just saying I'm withholding judgment.

Oh, I forgot to cosign Torchie's point about Cappy vs Iron Man. I'm actually getting tired of Iron Man's act. I loved him in the first movie but upon several more viewings of that one and with the sequel I'm tired of the inherent doucheiness of the character. I know that's how he is in the comic as well, but that doesn't change how I feel. So I hope Cappy "wins" against him in this movie.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.