Marvel's The Avengers

Wally Q

I saw Captain America last night (loved it) but the trailer for this was underwhelming. In short, I trust Whedon with the actors and the screenplay but the action you could cut and paste from any other generic action film. Visually, the film looks boring. I kind of imagine something more along the lines of Abrams Star Trek, only less lens flares.

You guys should stop calling it/treating it like a trailer. It's just a button teaser like at the end of the other Marvel films.

Have we not learned our lesson? First Iron Man trailer fx? First look at Green Lantern's suit? First look at Heath Ledger?

LEARN A LESSON. STOP PANICKING OVER TEASERS.

When a movie is still filming you can't take anything you see, even a full fledged trailer, as necessarily indicative of the final product.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Again it's odd for me to admit (I think I've said it in here) but I'm missing the WWII costume. LOL The modern look they went for has a... I dunno... cheap look. That's probably not fair. And I'm not sold on it being HORRIBLENESS. Just... well... I miss that cool design they had for WWII. Also Evans looks smaller in these clips and photos we're getting leaked, very trim, maybe that is part of my perception with the new suit too.

It looks exactly like his WWII costume. He wore it in his movie. I was a big fan of his movie. And so was Red Skrull. Hopefully that whole movie is on the DVD. That would be neat special feature.

But I too prefer the First Avenger costume. This new costume is okay, they're staying true to the comics at least. I'm still not sold on Superman with no undys.

• 2 weeks later...

I do hope Hawkeye will have his mask. I realize Hollywood types seem to think that we need to see a face to identify with our heroes (which we obviously don't), but it just doesn't look right. Thor can lose his little winged helmet and still look (more or less) like Thor. Hawkeye's mask has really always been the most distinctive, recognisable part of his costume, though. Without it, that could just as well be Robin Hood up there in that pic.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.