Marvel's The Avengers

Wally Q

WE were talking about live action movies, dum.

Not exclusively. We were discussing the characters and why you find them dull with the exception of Batman. If you were only talking movies/shows, why reference artwork and stories?

hey, i'm not ignorant.

You are when it comes to DC characters.

no, dum. i so don't want to see a live-action justice league, because, to me, they work better as animated.

why would i buy a **** load of comics that basically don't spark my interest, just to get a few good ones?

it's not ignorance, it's just my personal taste.

DC sucks. They'll always have a loyal fanbase, but the only character mainstream fans will ever give a sht about is Batman. Snyder may make Superman relevant again, but I doubt it'll last. No way they'll ever do a JL movie, though. Thank God.

Superman and Batman are massive money makers in superhero licensing. If not even the Kings of the Industry. It's debatable that every superhero concept since them are derivative of those two properties. Superman is not just supported by loyal DC fans. Superman is as mainstream as any entertainment property in existence. The JLA is happening. At the moment DC/WB and Nolan are all in to create a new Batman adaptation which will anchor the JLA and future adaptations of JLA cast members. That is the reality of the situation.

Superman is relevant, imo his films have just not had "it" since 1978. It can be argued that he's been handled wrong since the DC/WB made the super more important than the man (same sort of thing happened to Star Trek, the events took precedence over the characters. Pretty sure Tank knows what I mean here). Specifically, and in one example, Superman has become this Christ figure in many adaptations and imo that is all wrong. That is one of the things that killed Singer's/Routh's Superman Returns.

Anyway...

I'm hoping that Whedon's love of characters will help The Avengers. Of course there will be an event, but I'm looking forward to seeing the character's front and center. Luckily for Whedon he doesn't have to worry about a couple that stays together with this set of characters. So I won't have to bitch about him breaking someone up as he loves to do.

no, dum. i so don't want to see a live-action justice league, because, to me, they work better as animated.

why would i buy a **** load of comics that basically don't spark my interest, just to get a few good ones?

it's not ignorance, it's just my personal taste.

Yes, and your personal taste stems from ignorance and bad second hand information.

Here it is, the redemption of this thread.

Captain America's avengers costume. OH yes.

That's a sweet costume. Faithful enough to the comic, but practical and modern enough for live-action. I think the decal wings on the helmet make much more sense for live-action. Way better than the oversized Reb Brown motorcycle helmet. :p

you guys are all retarded.

but I'm mega looking forward to this movie and I want a goddamn trailer already WHEDON.

Supposedly, we'll be getting a mini-trailer at the end of Captain America and I guess that'll be enough, for now. The footage has already leaked, as you know from reading this thread, but it's very low quality. I know how you feel, though. I'm dying for the proper trailer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.