Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Character Assassination

5 replies to this topic

Antilla

Antilla

ET phone gnome

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
The eyes were a watery blue. Great oceanic circles with crisp rims that held back the milky sea in which they bobbed. And in them, all was order. The star sapphire streaks embedded in the iris were laid out just so. The Euclidian precision of the gasping pupils spun back and forth with a plodding exactness.

He would have it no other way, even now as he took the time to check and then recheck his position. Thin fingers tested one of the carabineers. It clung tight in its rock-face perch - a reflection in miniature of its owner. Both had been forged in great heat and pain. Both had been made stronger. Both were now edging up against their limits. The grain of his own steel threatened and creaked, but he only snorted in response and made a lunge for the nearest outcropping. The muscles would obey. Trimmed, cut, carved. They slinked out then snapped together again, and his form scrambled up another meter.

So agonizingly exact in every movement. Clockworks.

A rolling swale of wind tumbled across the sheer stone, but seemed to divide around him - like an island in the stream. He escaped untouched. It wasn’t so unusual. Only his dark hair fluttered a little - puffing up gently, then coolly settling back as he sprung forward once again.

Edited by Antilla, 03 March 2010 - 10:38 AM.

• Copper +1 this

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
What can I say? You're a badass and this was awesome!

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
Clockworks.

I love it.

And I want to swim in those seas.

Sonny

Sonny

Scared of MonkeyDog

• Members
  • 3,598 posts
At the risk of sounding cornball, this was not just a description it was an experience. I experienced this, if that makes any type of sense.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,458 posts
Whoosh, dude :thumbsup:

Foxglove

Foxglove

24-7 Rachet!

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
:lol: What you said Iceheart.