Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Character Assassination.

8 replies to this topic

eye_of_the_wolf

eye_of_the_wolf

Life is an unsolvable puzzle.

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
In one instance he was beautiful, a word not usually associated with the male form but no other could describe him. Eyes shone with the calm and wisdom of the ocean while long blonde hair swaying softly in an imaginary wind. Shadows danced on pale white skin, created by the pure white light that shone from the majestic white wings that were currently curled against his naked back. He was the image of the gods, an angel so pure all before him looked away in shame. Then, in the next instance it all changed. His pale skin darkened to a deadly black, long blonde hair smouldered and fell to the ground in burning clumps. A haunting scream rippled from his cracked and burning lips as his previously toned body became disfigured, giant black claws extending from curled finger tips. White wings shuddered and contorted as black veins crept up like a spreading poison. Then, finally the transformation stopped. Black smouldering eyelids opened slowly, two round fires of fury stared out across the plaza. No longer was he an angel of heaven but a demon of hell. His crime? Falling In love with an undecided.

I could probably do a better job if I had more time to think and plan, this just came out of the top of my head as I went along. But I don't really have much time so it will have to do.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
It's great! No worries there Wolfie.

Sonny

Sonny

Scared of MonkeyDog

• Members
  • 3,598 posts
Well done! And nice to see you back here.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,496 posts
There's one wording oddity in the beginning that threw me out of the story, but I assume this is a first draft, so no worries. Your description, however, is aces :thumbsup:

Antilla

Antilla

ET phone gnome

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Everyone seemed to go the beautiful people route. Ugly people need love too. They also need paper bags sunk over their heads to protect our eyes, but I wasn't going to touch on that until later.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
You think demons are beautiful, Antilla??

I like the mention of the black veins growing up the white wings EOTW. Welcome back!

Antilla

Antilla

ET phone gnome

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Well. It's like. You know. I don't know.

Just give me someone not stunning or grotesque. Just ugly. Run-of-the-mill ugly. We need more ugly characters. Someone with crooked teeth. Or crossed eyes. With terrible skin.

People want to read all about that stuff. They just don't know it yet.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
It's the route most authors go in novels for bit parts, if you think about it. Most extras in novels are ass fugly in some kinda way.

Foxglove

Foxglove

24-7 Rachet!

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
Nice way to come back here swinging, EOTW!

Reply to this topic