Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Character Assassination! - Veluthil

11 replies to this topic

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,476 posts
edit: since the Dog said that we could have 250 words, I'm re-submitting the original.

Veluthil comes from a common Elven family. He has had three things going for him his whole life – being stunningly beautiful, being highly charismatic and well-liked, and having both a skill and a fondness for disguise and acting. He has had two personality pitfalls – a love of money, and a love of the excitement of a risky challenge. He left home early, and took up with a crowd of genteel and talented gamblers and whoremongerers. A young and rash scheme to cheat a very high class gaming establishment left a young Veluthil, under the alias of “Rodney,” a fugitive from the shady and powerful owners of the establishment he tried to cheat. Veluthil has taken on different appearances and personas in an attempt to evade his enemies and the bounty hunters in their employ. They have cracked a handful of his disguises and aliases, but not the one he is currently employing. In the intervening time he has become proficient in standard theft as well as running confidence games. His latest persona is a young, seductive female adventurer named Claudia. Only people who knew him in his adolescence know his true name and identity, and even they would be hard pressed to casually recognize him.

Edited by Iceheart, 26 February 2010 - 05:33 PM.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,476 posts
It was nicer before I had to pare it down :P

This is a character I created for the D&D game Domo-Kun ran a few years back. You can actually read the original, uncut bio here. Also, "Claudia" has her own backstory.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
LMFAO. The last line makes this one.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,476 posts
I created this character for the express purpose of Crying Game-ing you, you know. And then you didn't play, and I had to Crying Game Tim :P

Sonny

Sonny

Scared of MonkeyDog

• Members
  • 3,598 posts
Yes I prefer this version. Really fleshes out your creation.

Cashmere

Cashmere

puppy mama

• Reading Winner Rd 1
  • 7,265 posts
Wow, that's a lot of detail for a DnD character. Do you always put so much thought into them?

He is a very intriguing character.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
I wish there was a way Icy and I could play D and D. :( Unfortunately my internet connection is too jacked up to allow a normal IM conversation.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,476 posts

Yes I prefer this version. Really fleshes out your creation.

Thank you :)

Wow, that's a lot of detail for a DnD character. Do you always put so much thought into them?

This is pretty typical for one of my characters pre-gameplay. By the time we've played for awhile, I've added more backstory, personality quirks, more details on how they look or how they act, etc. After a couple of campaigns, you might as well just call them a split personality... like this :lol: Characters I can do, it's situations I struggle with.

I wish there was a way Icy and I could play D and D. :( Unfortunately my internet connection is too jacked up to allow a normal IM conversation.

A likely excuse. I'm sure you're too scared of what I'd do to you :lol:

Antilla

Antilla

ET phone gnome

• Members
  • 1,151 posts

... He has had three things going for him his whole life being stunningly beautiful, being highly charismatic and well-liked, and having both a skill and a fondness for disguise and acting ...

I'm so much like this character, I feel like litigation is in order. It's a clear case of plagiarism. Prepare to be served. By legal papers. And my arrogant obnoxiousness.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
I wanna hang out with Rodney.

it's such an unexpected name. I'm sure it's an unexpected person too.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,476 posts

I'm so much like this character, I feel like litigation is in order. It's a clear case of plagiarism.

Wanna play dress-up together?

I wanna hang out with Rodney.

it's such an unexpected name. I'm sure it's an unexpected person too.

lol! Frankly, I do not like the name "Veluthil" for this character. It's either Claudia or Rodney. But you can't have an Elf named "Rodney"...

Foxglove

Foxglove

24-7 Rachet!

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
I like this! Good job.

Reply to this topic