Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mystery Sample SEVEN

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Mystery Sample SEVEN (8 member(s) have cast votes)

So who wrote it?

1. Antilla (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Copper (0 votes [0.00%])

3. GreenLightBaby (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Iceheart (2 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. IMericka (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Kokeshi_Doll769 (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

7. Nixie (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

8. Richcelt (4 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

9. ShadowDog (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Sonny (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

Antilla

Antilla

ET phone gnome

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
She was 15 years old, and everything about her slouched; her clothes, her posture, even the expression on her face. The only other person in the room was a middle-aged woman, well coiffed and poised, with a tablet and pen posed at the ready.

“Sarah,” the woman said, “everyone is very worried about you. You have skipped more classes than you have attended this semester, and you're failing every one of them. And then your disappearance last weekend had the entire neighborhood in an uproar.”

Sarah said nothing.

“Your parents were terrified,” the woman continued. “The police were even called. Do you realize the trouble everyone went to to find you?”

Sarah's gaze was pointedly fixed on something in the corner of the room.

“It isn't drugs, the tests came back clean. Do you want to talk about anything, Sarah?”

“Drugs might help.” It was the first time Sarah had made any sound since she had entered the room.

“Really? Why don't you tell me why?”

“Why not, you think I'm nuts already.”

The woman stayed silent, her expression open, waiting for the girl to speak.

“You want to know where I was last weekend? I wasn't here, that's for sure. I was battling evil in some godforsaken trash heap. There.”

The woman wrote something on her tablet. “Why don't you tell me about that, Sarah?”

Sarah shifted her attention back to the corner of the room. “I'd have to start at the beginning. Last year, I got really, really pissed at this girl Kelsey during third period because she 'borrowed' my iPod. I was just about to make her give it back, when all of the light bulbs in the place burst. They said it was a power surge, and we got the rest of the day off. So, I was walking home, and this guy mugged me. But he wasn't a guy, you know, he had, like, scales and stuff. And claws. But when he grabbed me, that power surge thing, it happened again, only to him. And no one noticed that this guy just fried in the street, right there in front of everyone.”

Sarah looked up. The woman with the tablet kept her placid expression. “Aren't you going to ask me how that made me feel or something?”

The woman smiled a little. “How did that make you feel?”

“Scared sh!tless, thanks for asking. Especially when he just disappeared after smoking and blistering for awhile. But just my luck, someone else appeared. This girl, Marta. She's been my neighbor forever, but she's a year older than me, and she's like some super genius, so we never hang out, like, ever. But there she was, and she told me I had better come with her. I mean, Marta is weird and all, but she's a lot safer than spontaneous combustion mugger guy, right? Ha. She took me to this office building, and that's where it started getting really weird.”

Edited by Antilla, 06 February 2010 - 03:22 PM.

Sonny

Sonny

Scared of MonkeyDog

• Members
  • 3,598 posts
I would have bet anything this was Lady Guinevere hiding her English accent but she is not one of the choices. Interesting.

Antilla

Antilla

ET phone gnome

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
I was so close to including her name as one of the possible author choices, but ended up dropping it so I could have an even ten options for people to pick from. At any rate, write-in candidates will be accepted. I mean. They'll be wrong for sure. But they're totally accepted.

Foxglove

Foxglove

24-7 Rachet!

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
If this isn't Lady Guinevere then I got nothing. This really sounds like her.

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts
Doesn't ring with LadyG to me. She uses certain phrases and I don't see it in this one.

Well done, writer. I can't figure out who you are.

I want to read about the weirdness. Is Sarah the chosen one to save the world or did she already did that during her disappearance?

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
There IS someone here who has reminded me of LadyG from time to time so I voted that way. :drool:

Sonny

Sonny

Scared of MonkeyDog

• Members
  • 3,598 posts
This is the vote I have the least confidence in.

Nixie

Nixie

showing all my haters love

• Members
  • 2,166 posts
id know this writer anywhere. :D

Reply to this topic