Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mystery Sample FIVE

15 replies to this topic

Poll: Mystery Sample FIVE (8 member(s) have cast votes)

So who wrote it?

1. Antilla (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Copper (0 votes [0.00%])

3. GreenLightBaby (7 votes [87.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

4. Iceheart (0 votes [0.00%])

5. IMericka (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Kokeshi_Doll769 (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Nixie (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Richcelt (0 votes [0.00%])

9. ShadowDog (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

10. Sonny (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

Antilla

Antilla

ET phone gnome

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Belly down on a wooden table was not my idea of a vacation. Wiping the sweat off my forehead, I concentrated on breathing. Inhale. Exhale. Flexed my right index finger.

Rolling off the table, I grabbed a water bottle. As the coolness drenched my hot skin, I shoved the empty bottle into my right pocket. The fire alarm blared as I exited into the chaos of the hallway.

I felt a jacket placed over me and a strong arm across my shoulders. "Ma'am, bad time to be caught in the shower."

Turning to my left, I saw his finely chiseled jaw, blue eyes, and dark hair. "I'm with security." Ex-military and dimples. Damn those dimples.

"Thank you, sir," I said as he hustled me down the hallway. I felt protected -- almost cherished -- tucked against him.

"Dammit! The visiting Prime Minister's been assassinated." He pointed to the stairwell, releasing me. "Follow them. You'll be safe. Keep the jacket."

He fled through the crowd ripping away my traitorous heart. Once again, darkness seized my soul and I nodded to the voice ingrained in my mind 'One shot. One kill.'

Edited by Antilla, 06 February 2010 - 03:20 PM.

Sonny

Sonny

Scared of MonkeyDog

• Members
  • 3,598 posts
Last line seals it. haha I know who this is!

Antilla

Antilla

ET phone gnome

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
This is the one that if I didn't already know, I'm completely positive I would figure out.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
I know it, I know it!

Sonny

Sonny

Scared of MonkeyDog

• Members
  • 3,598 posts
All it is missing is a thigh shot. haha

Foxglove

Foxglove

24-7 Rachet!

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
I'm going to be very shocked if this isn't who I think it is. :lol:

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,496 posts
You know, a good idea for another contest would be for Nightly writers to try to write something in another Nightly writer's style.

If this isn't who everyone thinks it is, this writer wins by default :lol:

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts
To me, emulation of my style is the sincerest form of flattery. I haven't posted anything in first person POV except for the opening lines contest because it's hard for me to stay only in one character.

Even though it looks like she's the sniper, the hot security guy could have been the sniper too. He gave her his jacket because he's got gunshot residue on it. How convenient that he shows up right then. More, please.

Besides, if I had wrote this, I'd have the building next door come down from a bomb. More effective cover, but that's from a different story I wrote. B-)

There's another writer who likes thigh shots. :lol:

You know, a good idea for another contest would be for Nightly writers to try to write something in another Nightly writer's style.

If this isn't who everyone thinks it is, this writer wins by default :lol:

I thought this was the point of this contest. B-)

Antilla

Antilla

ET phone gnome

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
When everyone finds out who actually did write this, they are going to be very shocked.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
I'm not buying your sweet sweet lies for a second, you two. :drool:

Nixie

Nixie

showing all my haters love

• Members
  • 2,166 posts
i have a feeling this writer could start out writing bambi and end up with apocalypse now 2: the forest years. 'i love the smell of burning bunnies in the morning!" :lol:

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts

i have a feeling this writer could start out writing bambi and end up with apocalypse now 2: the forest years. 'i love the smell of burning bunnies in the morning!" :lol:

Maybe you should write this for NaNoWriMo. If I did it, well it's not going to take me 50,000 words to end the story. More like a really short story.Posted Image

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts
"Alpha Team, be advised that shot came from your northwest corner of your floor."

I slowed then looked back. "Alpha 1 to Alpha 3, do you see a woman in a white robe wearing my jacket?"

"Alpha 3 to Alpha 1, that's a negative."

The hallway was clear. "Alpha 1 to Alpha 3, she should have passed you already."

"Alpha 3 to Alpha 1, negative. The stairway has been clear for a minute. Are you sure you sent her this way?"

I rushed back to her room. "Alpha 1 to Comm 1, do you have my location?"

"Comm 1 to Alpha 1, primary location is 23rd floor, northwest corner. Secondary location is a negative."

"Son of a bitch!" I slammed my right hand against the wall next to me. "The woman."

"Comm 1 to Alpha 1, what woman?"

I pulled against the loop in my tie loosening it. "Alpha 1 to all teams. Clear this channel. Repeat clear this channel except for Comm. All teams go to secondary channels now."

I glared at the doorknob as I flipped my tie over my right shoulder. "Comm 1, I think I may have a suspect. Wait for my confirmation."

"Alpha 1, awaiting orders."

I fingered my Glock as I pushed the door open. "Cinnamon apple spice... just like her."

"Comm 1, room 2343. I found the sniper's perch. Table set up about five feet from the window. Sniper rifle still here. Send up the crew."

"Alpha 1, team dispatched. Do we have a suspect?"

I glanced around the room taking in her smell. I shook my head in disbelief. "Comm 1, give me a minute."

I hit the mute button as I slumped against the wall. "First woman I've been interested in a year and damn her for being the wrong one."

I flipped my tie back and smelled her again. "How the hell am I going to explain this? It can't be you."

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts
Pushing open the door to the 21st floor, I glanced back to the stream of humanity hoofing down the stairs. I smiled knowing that security was too busy evacing the hotel to pay attention to one person.

Good news for me.

Bad news -- him.

"Why now? Why him?" I hugged his jacket and smelled him again. Slightly woodsy and all masculine.

The voice had mysteriously quieted as I felt him surrounding me. The darkness chased away by his strength. "My protector. My warrior."

His lapel flag knocked against the jammer in my left pocket, jarring me back into reality. I frowned as I snapped back into mission mode.

The shadows crept close. The quiet disturbed by the murmurings. The walls dropped around my heart.

Whipping off his jacket, I dropped the robe in a nearby housekeeping cart. I stared at his jacket, but I couldn't get rid of it.

"Leverage," I muttered not even believing in the lie.

Before I could think more of him, I pushed into the stairwell blending into the throng. Just a businesswoman dressed for a meeting.

Fingering his jacket, I smiled knowing he was coming for me and I couldn't wait.

Foxglove

Foxglove

24-7 Rachet!

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
Oh Sweet! I've been passing over this thread because I thought it was just a random comment and not more goodness. Do you mind maybe making this a new thread in the main forum and then maybe linking back here so more people will know what is going on? Or maybe I'm the only dunce, I dunno. :lol:

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts

Oh Sweet! I've been passing over this thread because I thought it was just a random comment and not more goodness. Do you mind maybe making this a new thread in the main forum and then maybe linking back here so more people will know what is going on? Or maybe I'm the only dunce, I dunno. :lol:

I'm sneaky. Posted Image I'll post it in main forum when I get an idea for the next part. Just a little something for my muse to work on before NaNoWriMo. Posted Image Just a quick twenty minute exercise. These two characters are mysterious even to me. Still won't tell me their names. I think they're just waiting to sneak up on me. This is a fun one because I have no plot, no backstory, nothing except the opening scene.

He was adamant for the the second part and she quickly zinged back with the third part. He's taking a little longer to tell me what happens. She's a sly one. A little prey and predator action with both of them playing both.

The opening scene's based on a Burn Notice episode where Mike's trying to find the sniper's perch. He found the room with the long table across from an open window. Easier to hide that way.

Reply to this topic