Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mystery Sample THREE

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Mystery Sample THREE (8 member(s) have cast votes)

So who wrote it?

1. Antilla (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. Copper (5 votes [62.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

3. GreenLightBaby (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Iceheart (2 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. IMericka (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Kokeshi_Doll769 (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Nixie (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Richcelt (0 votes [0.00%])

9. ShadowDog (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Sonny (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

Antilla

Antilla

ET phone gnome

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Paths snaked through the blossoming landscape of Vermögen like fat arteries, with the red brick corpuscles flowing along in their tight knit way to the arboretums and orangeries which grew from beds of English ivy. Malory sloshfloshed along in their current too, a scythe trailing behind him like a rudder. He paused at the cataracts created by a set of stairs tumbling over a rolling swale in the earth and squinted his eyes against the sun.

From here, he could see the massive turrets of the manor looming over all and framed by twin topiaries. Deep crimson timbers outlined intricate designs on the classically Bavarian chunk of architecture. The windows, with their multiple rectangular lights, looked black and cool and the wooden shake roof was sporting a light glaze of moss. Inside those walls was a place Malory had been invited on only the rarest of occasions. Horseshoes, he recalled, had been firmly bolted above every door and chains of rabbits’ feet were stitched together to decorate plush ottomans and a lectus reclining in the foyer. The agoraphobic mirrored halls scrawled with runes in beeswax he had seen there were still imprinted firmly in his mind, as well as the richly stocked library that swallowed up most of the first floor. In years past, Malory had spent weeks hoofing crates of books to the shelves from a perpetual stream of deliveries - heavy medieval versions of the Compendium Maleficarum and dusty tomes on Chinese numerology that had been inked with style in iron gall a handful of centuries ago. The pages of each volume were heavily yellowed and brittle, more likely to crack rather than bend, he had thought.

Edited by Antilla, 06 February 2010 - 03:16 PM.

Sonny

Sonny

Scared of MonkeyDog

• Members
  • 3,598 posts
This is the first one I've been confident about. haha

Antilla

Antilla

ET phone gnome

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
Remember: pride goes before a fall. Ha. And am I the only person that had no clue what a "lectus" was? Latin for "couch" it turns out. Could be a clue.

Sonny

Sonny

Scared of MonkeyDog

• Members
  • 3,598 posts
I find it hard to believe there is a word under six syllables you don't know and use often.

Antilla

Antilla

ET phone gnome

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
I'm giving the credit to the eruditeness of Google. I am its puppet. It speaks through me by jamming its hand in questionable places and manipulating my jaw.

Sounds about right.

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts
I love the descriptions. More please.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
Yeah, this has GOT to be who I think it is. :drool:

Foxglove

Foxglove

24-7 Rachet!

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
Yea, there's only one person who writes like this.

Well 2 maybe.

No wait 3 but that's the limit.

Or is it 4?

I'm just going to vote! :P

Reply to this topic