Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lines, yo. Part Deux

7 replies to this topic

Svenn

Svenn

• Members
  • 728 posts
Bob finished his breakfast alone, wondering if anybody thought of him as normal. What the hell was normal anyway? "Ah, who cares," he thought, and then he started to think about more important things, such as whether he would be able to find more brains in time to scramble with his eggs for tomorrow's breakfast.

Svenn

Svenn

• Members
  • 728 posts
I just realized I should have put this in the same topic as my other one. Sorry about that.

Antilla

Antilla

ET phone gnome

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
You've completely ruined the aesthetics of the Amphitheatre.

*BANNED*

Actually I can't ban people. Just pretend.

Sonny

Sonny

Scared of MonkeyDog

• Members
  • 3,598 posts
I was bored with this until the last line, which blew my mind. What a fantastic bait and switch!

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
Yeah, you did the writing equivalent of a rope a dope here. It's very clever, man. I'm going to have to remember this technique for a killer opening line. :drool:

Svenn

Svenn

• Members
  • 728 posts
I guess the danger is if people get bored and stop reading at the second line. I really like the idea of surprise in stories, though. This was my way of condensing a surprise into the first couple of lines, I guess. Anyway, I'm glad you guys liked it.

Cashmere

Cashmere

puppy mama

• Reading Winner Rd 1
  • 7,265 posts
I'm intrigued by how he "finds" brains. Does he kill people or animals? Does he hunt for roadkill? Does he print off pictures from the Internet and tear them up? So many questions!

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts
LOL Well that's putting the gun on the mantle in the very beginning of the story.

Reply to this topic