Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OHhhh! NOW I get it!

12 replies to this topic

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,174 posts
Here is one:

Peter Fonda was dead; at least he was when I fell asleep last night, not that I had any way of checking such a thing, but there he was on Letterman, chatting up his latest film. Sure, I wasn't quite awake yet but I clearly remembered his death; it was back in June of '69, right after Duane Allman bit it on his bike, getting impaled by a wayward piece of re-bar that flew off a flatbed in front of him. And this wasn't the only thing that seemed...off today.

Antilla

Antilla

ET phone gnome

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
This thread has a lot of views. Yet not so many replies. Monkeygirl has an oddly mute fan base.

Maybe their cursors all disappeared. Or they can't find the reply button. Or the text on Nightly has suddenly gotten really small and they can no longer discern what is going on.

Or they're just gearing up to rock the vote.

Sonny

Sonny

Scared of MonkeyDog

• Members
  • 3,598 posts
I suspect a lot of people searching for the latest Letterman gossip ran across this. Haha

This was fantastic Monkeygirl! Don't take this the wrong way, but I had no idea you had this in you. Color me impressed.

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,174 posts
thanks...?

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,174 posts
MOAR:

Hammie was the kind of guy nobody ****ed with; not so much because of the verbally-spewed admonishment he issued forth to every poor soul who crossed his oily path but more due to the needle in the gut you'd feel upon making eye contact with those closely and deeply-set, too-bright optical orbs that told you there's a whole lot of crazy going on under that damp, Jherri-curled rug he called his 'honey-drip catcher', IF you caught his drift.

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,174 posts
Pigs, man, they're all ****ing pigs. Them four mighta been doin' nothin' at the time, but they's pigs and they made a decision to become pigs and pigs deserve to ****in' die. They're ****in' stupid, too, man, know what I'm sayin'? 'cause here I ****in' sit, right where I gunned 'em down not 2 days ago and some other poor ****in' dude paid that price. So I get home free, bitches, and I ain't even done yet. thing is, I got some ****in' power and nobody can ****in' stop me now I do, not even that crazy bitch down on Rainier who gave it to me 'cause ****in' pigs ain't the only one I killed that day.

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,174 posts
Summer reminded everyone of Gracie. Like George Bailey did in "It's A Wonderful Life", Gracie profoundly touched seemingly everyone in Perfect, and as tiny as it is, that's still remarkable. Before her unlikely birth, back on the first day of the sunny season in '02, this was a bitter, unfriendly place known for its callous inhospitable demeanor. One small, lovely child changed that and the hopes of each person here in 7 and 1/2 short years, but now, they were facing the first season without her. Gracie was gone, and with her went the hearts of 168 people who would express the anguish of their loss by turning on each other and tearing this fine place to shreds.

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,174 posts
Her pink mohair pillbox hat secured, Phyllis took one last look at herself in the shabby-chic-framed mirror in her small entryway, which she insisted on calling 'the lobby', deemed herself smart enough to go out in public and skipped sideways down the brownstone's front steps, silently congratulating herself on the purchase of her snappy, new leopard-print flats-only $12.99 from Zappos!

Phyllis fancied herself a Jackie Kennedy look-a-like, but truth be told, she more closely resembled Jackie Mason. In her tightly-coiffed head, this gift from Mother Nature carried with it an enormous responsibility: to be absolutely diligent about grooming and fashion, for to seem less than tidy would not only reflect poorly on her, but could have the unintended consequence of besmirching the name of one of the most beautiful and famous women of all time and Phyllis Stookley wasn't about to let that happen on her watch.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
It's too bad the deadline has passed because these last ones are ****ing awesome, MGness. :drool: But fortunately your first one is bad assed so you're covered.

Svenn

Svenn

• Members
  • 727 posts

Her pink mohair pillbox hat secured, Phyllis took one last look at herself in the shabby-chic-framed mirror in her small entryway, which she insisted on calling 'the lobby', deemed herself smart enough to go out in public and skipped sideways down the brownstone's front steps, silently congratulating herself on the purchase of her snappy, new leopard-print flats-only $12.99 from Zappos!

Phyllis fancied herself a Jackie Kennedy look-a-like, but truth be told, she more closely resembled Jackie Mason. In her tightly-coiffed head, this gift from Mother Nature carried with it an enormous responsibility: to be absolutely diligent about grooming and fashion, for to seem less than tidy would not only reflect poorly on her, but could have the unintended consequence of besmirching the name of one of the most beautiful and famous women of all time and Phyllis Stookley wasn't about to let that happen on her watch.

:lol:

I like these, maybe because they remind me of some people I know.

Cashmere

Cashmere

puppy mama

• Reading Winner Rd 1
  • 7,265 posts
Phyllis is my fav. Mostly because you used the word besmirching. Nice word!

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts

MOAR:

Hammie was the kind of guy nobody ****ed with; not so much because of the verbally-spewed admonishment he issued forth to every poor soul who crossed his oily path but more due to the needle in the gut you'd feel upon making eye contact with those closely and deeply-set, too-bright optical orbs that told you there's a whole lot of crazy going on under that damp, Jherri-curled rug he called his 'honey-drip catcher', IF you caught his drift.

Pigs, man, they're all ****ing pigs. Them four mighta been doin' nothin' at the time, but they's pigs and they made a decision to become pigs and pigs deserve to ****in' die. They're ****in' stupid, too, man, know what I'm sayin'? 'cause here I ****in' sit, right where I gunned 'em down not 2 days ago and some other poor ****in' dude paid that price. So I get home free, bitches, and I ain't even done yet. thing is, I got some ****in' power and nobody can ****in' stop me now I do, not even that crazy bitch down on Rainier who gave it to me 'cause ****in' pigs ain't the only one I killed that day.

I can see badass Samuel L. Jackson playing Hammie and he could definitely roll with the dialogue above. It's rare for me to pick out an actor/actress to play a part from just reading a very short snippet. Great job!

Sweerywak

Sweerywak

• Members
  • 6 posts
so I started watching "The Prisoner" series, and just now matched that up with "You Are Number Six" off Skullgrid.

Im assuming that was intentional, anyway.

Reply to this topic