Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Just one

11 replies to this topic

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,596 posts
:shrug:

The planetary alignment was in a matter of hours, and every step brought Thaddeus closer to his fate. As momentus as the occasion was, it started in the usual manner, as Thaddeus laughed quietly to himself with the irony of it all. For who would have thought that anyone would decend into the Earth to study the heavens?

Edited by Iceheart, 04 December 2009 - 05:22 PM.

Sonny

Sonny

Scared of MonkeyDog

• Members
  • 3,598 posts
This is very intriguing and very well put together. I like it a lot.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,596 posts
thanks! :)

Antilla

Antilla

ET phone gnome

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
No Bulwyer-Lytton?

<-- is sad.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,596 posts
I couldn't think of an appropriately long-winded and horrible one. I wanted to do one in the style of Amanda McKittrick Ros, which is probably what killed it for me, I had alot of bad to live up to :lol:

Sonny

Sonny

Scared of MonkeyDog

• Members
  • 3,598 posts
I tried looking up Bulwyer-Lytton and could not make heads or tails of what you two are talking about.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,596 posts
That's because Antilla didn't spell it right ;)

The Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest. It's some of the funniest stuff I've ever read :lol: The "Bad Sex In Fiction" stuff on that page is absolutely side-splitting as well :lol:

As for Amanda McKittrick Ros, clicky.

If I come up with any Bulwer-Lyttons, in the Ros style or not, I'll just post them regardless of contests. As a matter of fact, I have posted one here before :lol:

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
Well, all that writing fetish stuff aside, your actual entry was great Icy! I'm glad you got something in! :drool:

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,596 posts
Hey, my fetish worked... well, we'll see if it worked when the votes come in, not that I'm expecting to win or even really place... what I believe I'm trying to say is thank you for the compliment :lol:

Cashmere

Cashmere

puppy mama

• Reading Winner Rd 1
  • 7,265 posts
Sounds like the beginning to an epic read, Icy!

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts
Any chance for more? Doesn't have to be an epic, just a snippet. You could write a little flash fiction with this too.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,596 posts
Maybe? :shrug:

Frankly, the thrust of it was the subterranean observatory... yeah, I know that's not supposed to be the thrust of it, but that's really all I've got right now :lol:

Reply to this topic