The future of the "Terminator" franchise is up in the air...

Tangent

One possibility is that the movie is testing poor enough that marketing decided it was worth giving up a spoiler that large in hopes of using it as a hook toget people interested.

I'm more curious about why Matt Smith has hardly been seen in trailers.

Agreed. It's not had great enthusiasm from many people, so the trailer smacks of desperation to get people talking. Which to be fair, has worked.

Good point about Matt Smith! Completely forgot he was in this. How weird - the press says he's a major role, but currently still top secret...

One possibility is that the movie is testing poor enough that marketing decided it was worth giving up a spoiler that large in hoops of using it as a hook toget people interested.

Heres my guess. I read somewhere that one possibility is there are two John Connors, one "good" and one "bad" from different timelines. Afterall, the original John Connor's father could not possibly have been Kyle Reese. Perhaps Matt Smith is the son of the original father? We don't even know who that is; that could be the "bigger picture stuff going on" I suggested earlier. Sarah has to boink a different dude to get the "good" John.

Why would they show John Connor as a Cyborgy thing in the trailer anyways? That seems to be a pretty big spoiler to put in, even if there is bigger picture stuff going on. Wish I hadn't seen it; something that big is better left for the movie and shouldn't be in a trailer. Except I'm not going to see it now.

Wow, where in the trailer is that seen (JC)?

Because he's one of the most gawd awful actors to rise in the past few years. HE will be the reason I hate this movie if he takes up more than 10 minutes of screen time.

Guest El Chalupacabra

That reminds me that I'm still pissed they cancelled the SCC. :(

Yeah, I wish they had wrapped up the season 2 finale with one or two more episodes.

And how mad do you think Cersei Lannister is for Daenerys Targaryen stealing her role as Sarah Conner?

Yeah, I wish they had wrapped up the season 2 finale with one or two more episodes.

And how mad do you think Cersei Lannister is for Daenerys Targaryen stealing her role as Sarah Conner?

Anyone else think those sound like names made up for a RPG by a thirteen year old?

LOL, didn't even think of that!

• 2 months later...

I loved the 1984 sequences and how those scenes mirrored the original. I actually think it's much better than what the reviews made it out to be. And erasing the movies after Term 2 is a great thing. So overall I really liked it.

And oh yeah, Matt Smith is now Matthew Smith and his role was so small as to be almost non-existent. This was a bit surprising given the coverage he had in Entertainment Weekly. I strongly suspect he was a casualty of editing (and probably rightfully so).

I don't know why they even had Matt Smith in this. He probably had about 3 minutes of total screen time!

Anyways...liked it! Yeah, it was all over the place and I can see people getting confused but it was fun seeing Old Arnie take on his younger self! I guess this movie means that none of the other ones ever happened. But that makes me wonder how John existed at all now! The war didn't start in '97, Sarah and Kyle are in 2017...no idea where they will go from here.

Oh, the after credits scene was kinda underwhelming but of course it sets up another movie if this one does well enough.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.