Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HEROES / Season 4

166 replies to this topic

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
dammit just when we thought Hiro was finally gonna die, wtf his mother saves him?? :rolleyes:

I'm just glad at least they decided to send Mohinder back into obscurity. I was worried that when Hiro freed him all of a sudden they'd figure out some BS way to get him involved. Just stay gone and makeup with your girlfriend!

Jango Fett

Jango Fett

The King

• Members
  • 3,861 posts

There ain't gonna be no Volume 6

You got proof beyond your expert opinion?

You were saying?

Edited by Jango Fett, 08 February 2010 - 09:01 PM.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,495 posts
Haha--

My only evidence is that the ratings are lower than low, that NBC has spent zero dollars on advertising/marketing/licensing since the season premiere, that Tim Kring just greenlit a pilot for a different show with NBC, and the fact that the finale episode of the season just aired and there has been zero word of renewal.

Don't let it ending on a "to be continued" fool you.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
How would you know it ended on that note unless you actually watched it! Ha!

I did watch it and it was another limp ending to a season. LMFAO

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,495 posts
I read io9's review actually...

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
That ending totally sucked

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts

I read io9's review actually...

Oh. Whew!

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
yanno it's funny about volume 6 "teaser" because even though obviously it implies we have another volume to go yet, at the same time, the way they shot it you could totally make that the series finale and it wouldn't really leave you wondering what might happen, so I'm ok if that was teh final show ever.

Even though Heroes has been tremendously disappointing in terms of the potential the show could have provided, but the inconsistent writing and need to overcrowd cast screen time was what undermined that potential the whole ride through. I thought this past season the reduction in storylines and a true set of new cast member brought some freshness to the show. Because Volume 5 was making things "better" I would stay a fan for a volume 6, but like I said, if it didn't get picked up again, they were actually pretty creative in not really leaving us with a "finale cliffhanger".

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
I agree. They definitely fixed a couple of the problems with the show. Fewer cast members and fewer balls in the air per episode. It did make a difference and this season sucked less than past ones.

Now if they would only stop fetishizing season one they'd have something.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,495 posts
If anything, maybe we can thank Heroes for setting the stage for more superheroes on TV, done in a better way. Heroes has pretty much laid out everything NOT to do: don't have too many characters; don't exhibit powers without limits; don't undersell your heavy, don't bury your leads with situations their powers could effect; yet don't; save some of our budget for FX work...

And really, what is up with that last one? Why were the effects so terrible on Heroes? Don't tell me cause it's a TV show-- it had one of the highest budgets for a network drama and I've seen fan films with better effects!

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
The only thing I'm going to thank Heroes for is that it probably forever ended the chances Nightly will jump on a new series bandwagon so quickly and create a new forum for it. Heh.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,495 posts
CANCELLED!

Pong Messiah

Pong Messiah

don't want to be buried in a pet cemetery

• 19,360 posts
This may very well be the first example of a network-issued mercy killing since... forever?

And we thought those bastards were heartless.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
3 seasons to late for the show to be fondly remembered.

Maybe they'll do a film version to wrap everything up where we finally see Peter and Sylar fight.

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,142 posts
What a downfall. I can't believe that this show has come to this, after viewing season 1. Unreal.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
What's so sad is this was announced days ago but people didn't even care enough to post about it until today. LMFAO

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,328 posts
Probably the most disappointing and frustrating series I've ever watched. I have no desire to even watch the first season again. I remember, I came so close to buying this on dvd when it first came out. Boy am I glad I waited.

Reply to this topic