Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HEROES / Season 4

166 replies to this topic

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
After West wouldnt you b a lez too?

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
From what I heard about the promo at Comic-Con this summer, Brad, it actually was meant to give off that vibe, haha.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
Oh, awesome then.

And don't even remind me about West..

Zeth Duuron

Zeth Duuron

• Members
  • 1,198 posts
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JADED MFs can't get off your high horses long enough to check out the fact that there's gonna be some groovy girl-girl action on next week's epi!!!! Nobody wants to talk about the reemergence of Sylar?!?!

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
I'm with you on the first but I couldn't give two ****s about the second. But yeah, seeing Punching And ****ing Girl kiss Claire is going to be a highlight next week. :drool: I hope they caress the back of each others' necks as they kiss. :drool:

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
Pervert!

Pong Messiah

Pong Messiah

don't want to be buried in a pet cemetery

• 19,360 posts
Very frustrating season so far. It's turning out to be a hell of a lot better than the last two years, which is encouraging... but still way under par when compared to the first chapter.

Or, in other words: enough interesting stuff going on to keep me watching, but it's nowhere near good enough for me to really care.

Jango Fett

Jango Fett

The King

• Members
  • 3,861 posts
Well, that episode kicked ass. Next week's episode looks awesome. Looks like Kring & Co. really hit the damage control for this season. They've brought back surprise and suspense in full form.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Yeah, I have to admit it's better than the past couple years. I know that's not saying much, but there you are. I totally didn't expect inviso girl, so that was nice. Lame though that she waits until she gets into the upstairs hallway before she deinvisibles herself. Way to keep your power quiet, dumbass. Why wouldn't you appear downstairs in the parking lot in the dark? Duh.

I love the carni and his crew, and I love deaf girl. She has that Lindsay Wagner hawtness vibe to her. :drool:

The timing was a little wonky in Sylar's holding cell. The detective comes in and collects the therapist around 3pm according to the clock on the wall behind Sylar. At this point he announces he knows who Sylar is. And yet he doesn't come back in to interrogate Sylar until after 8pm. What was he doing for five hours, yanking his crank? Also, if he dismissed the therapist when he found out, why was she in the parking lot five hours after being pulled from the room? Did it take the detective five hours to debrief the therapist? I doubt that. Not a big deal compared to past continuity issues this show has had (so Veronica Mars was hanging with Sylar before season one started, huh? And yet the Company had NO IDEA what Sylar's real name or appearence was. Really? Heh), but still sloppy.

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

I love deaf girl.

I don't. Interesting that her power actually displayed some level of actual power when she got emotionally intense, but this has to be the stupidest power in the history of any hero mythos. Peter needs to find somebody else, stat!

I liked that the show confirmed for me that peter for sure can still only hold 1 power at a time. Also nice that he can unintentionally receive one as well, unless he's on guard, but what if you don't know (just like today).

Loved, loved loved what's happening with gabriel/sylar. It will be interesting what the carni's do with him and the fact that his "evil persona" is still with matt, so what will this version become? I assume the predictability at some point will have Matt try to "restore" that, and then we'll see if the writing has become creative enough where whatever persona he develops on his own hangin w/ the carni's makes him different.

Or hell, even better, maybe Matt just continues to grapple w/ Sylar's persona and ends up becomes evil, since after all, his power is dark enough that he'd be a rather interesting dark character, cuz he sucks ass trying to be the good guy.

Gog

Gog

Science over myths

• Members
  • 1,716 posts
Will Peter now have Hiro's power, now that he touched him last episode?

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Nah. I suspect the reason Peter accidently acquired Deaf Girl's ability was because he wasn't guarding against her because he didn't know she had a power. He knows Hiro has an ability so he guards himself when he touches Hiro.

Jango Fett

Jango Fett

The King

• Members
  • 3,861 posts

Nah. I suspect the reason Peter accidently acquired Deaf Girl's ability was because he wasn't guarding against her because he didn't know she had a power. He knows Hiro has an ability so he guards himself when he touches Hiro.

Peter takes Hiro's power in the next episode. You didn't see him "appear" in the preview at the part with Noah and the depressed healer kid?

I was really happy to see him get that power back. Now he's got something really useful.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts

Peter takes Hiro's power in the next episode. You didn't see him "appear" in the preview at the part with Noah and the depressed healer kid?

Maybe, but Gog's question was about "last episode"

scantron20

scantron20

• Members
  • 850 posts
oh man... i just realized that Claire's roommate is the little girl from The Nanny! haha... took me a while.. i knew she looked familiar!

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
I'm liking deaf girl and Peter's story this season, thats the only thing really keeping me watching. The carnival crew haven't caught my interest at all yet and I really could do without Claire goes to college.

Don't quite get deaf girl's power, I guess she can manipulate these sound waves she sees? Its pretty weird. Cool character though.

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

oh man... i just realized that Claire's roommate is the little girl from The Nanny! haha... took me a while.. i knew she looked familiar!

actually my memory went back further and it was bugging me i couldn't place her, but she's the little girl Emma in The Hand that Rocks the Cradle!

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
THE RETURN OF CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HA!

Where is my Charlie thread at???? I knew I should have kept updating it after every episode! Took 4 seasons but I finally got my wish!!

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
General Reference:

Season 1-3 Episode discussions
Season 1-3 Misc Discussions

Specifically:

HEROES / Charlene "Charlie" Andrews

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
Well played, sir.
Well played.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
"Hey, police chief! You've just gotten your ass handed to you by one of your prisoners who then trashed your station, trashed the other cops in the station, kidnapped someone in your police station parking lot, is still at large, and is presumably the subject of a massive nationwide manhunt ... what are you gonna do next?"

"I'm going to Circus World!"

So, um, dude is taking the day off from work the day after this notorious escape ... to take his wife and kid to the circus because he got free tickets? Um, okay! :no:

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
At least they brought back Syler, sort of. I guess Nathan is gone now. I like Peter's story and the story of the carnies.

I missed last week because it was Canadian Thanksgiving. Took my 5 minutes to figure out what I missed lol.

Pong Messiah

Pong Messiah

don't want to be buried in a pet cemetery

• 19,360 posts
Much to my shock and dismay, I'm actually liking Peter this season, and I'm really appreciating the fact that we're not winding through 15 individual stories each episode. No, still nowhere near as good as Chapter 1, but after one crap season and one literally unwatchable season (was only able to stomach two, maybe three full episodes last year) I'm finally enjoying the show again. Very pleasant surprise!

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
Yeah, I have to say that I am liking this season better than the last 2, thus far.

Slower pace, they aren't trying to cram EVERY character into every episode. Like Mohinder hasn't even appeared once this year, thus far. And oddly, I dont miss him at all.

Jango Fett

Jango Fett

The King

• Members
  • 3,861 posts
So now re-runs are gonna start being played on G4TV, Tuesdays @ 10 EST.

Reply to this topic