Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HEROES / Season 4

166 replies to this topic

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
Touché!

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
I'm rewatching Season 3 on Blockbuster DVDs while I work, which means that I only glance at the screen when Claire is showing her ass or something dramatic is happening. So most of my mind is on the work while the the show kind of washes over me. The show is much less annoying this way, ESPECIALLY since almost all of the Hiro/Ando stuff is retardedly in Japanese with subtitles and since I'm not watching the screen I don't have to be annoyed by ANY of his irritating Season 3 plotlines. This wouldn't happen if they'd do what ... Oh, I don't know ... every other ****ing show and movie in the history of Hollywood has done and just make the **** in English and wink and nod at us so we understand they're really talking Japanese. We get it, they don't talk English, now let's move on and get it in ****ing English so we can focus on their face performances instead of reading retarded subtitles.

However, considering how annoying Hiro's storylines were last season, it actually worked out that I can't understand him because I was able to skip all that boolsheet. :drool:

Guest_surround_*

Guest_surround_*
  • Guests
big fan of this show!outstanding and cool!lovelovelove!!

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
I thought tonight was a damn good season premiere! The carni's are definitely an interesting bunch and I'm so glad we have this whole new set of cast members! Darth Maul wielding knives was pretty cool. ;)

I can't seem to remember from last season how did Peter get his full empath powers back??

Gman

Gman

Just call me Buck

• Members
  • 1,054 posts
I'm finally out after this piece of garbage. I've watched every single episode for the first three seasons. But, nothing has changed. Parkman is still a Dbag. He'll be having his annoying visions all season long. Tracy goes from Psycho bitch to nurturing woman just because Noah said a few things to her at a bar. And, the previews show her going back to Cougar mode (yawn) with Nathan. The college that Claire goes to must be the same one from Transformers 2. All the students are good looking idiots and the profs are condescending pricks. Oh, and Claire stays in the very same dorm the very same night her roomie goes flying out the window. VERY realistic!

Peter was pretty interesting. Darth Maul was Darth Maul who was the masked dude from GI Joe who was the same dude in Xmen. Way to expand your acting Ray Park.

Is it any wonder NBC has to rely on realty programming (and 30 Rock) to get anyone to watch its crap network?

Sinister Lord Degiya'goh

Sinister Lord Degiya'goh

Indigenous Sith

• Members
  • 14,363 posts

Way to expand your acting Ray Park.

This is actually the most real acting I've ever seen from Ray Park, and he gets to show his actual face for once. I mean, heck, in Sleepy Hollow he didn't even have a head let alone any lines of dialog. I'd say his role in Heroes is definitely a step up from that.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
I agree. Hiring him for something besides this kind of role would be silly, as would hiring a major skilled actor and then having to body double him every time he wielded a knife.

The three carni characters were fascinating. I love them, especially Ray Park. :drool:

I love love LOVE that Punching and ****ing Girl is on this show now! Really nice to see her working again, even if we're not going to be allowed to see her breastasies in this series. :(

So, which was a more outrageous product placement? Guitar Hero or the stupid ****ing Pride and Prejudice remake book? I vote the book because it's so ****ing retarded. But both were outrageous.

We should get an egghead here to plot how far down Hiro's IQ goes every season on a bar graph. He started Season 1 somewhere around 125 and I think he's down to 65 by the end of last night.

Gman

Gman

Just call me Buck

• Members
  • 1,054 posts
I completely spaced mentioning Hiro. His storyline was so bad I think I blocked it out. Verdict is the same. I'm done with this awful show. Maybe I'll go rent Season 1 just to remember the good ole days.

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
so.... how did peter get his full empath powers back??

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
^ He realized that pressing his belly button would reset his powers. Hehe [/doughboy]

Gog

Gog

Science over myths

• Members
  • 1,716 posts
I don't remember either.

In any case, I thought the premiere was excellent. They seem to be on track. But, they have to fix Hiro! Screwing with his character is a no-no. I do however love that the tattooed lady is named Lydia.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
What are you talking about? He still only has one power at a time, which he got late last season by being hosed down with the Primatech Power Juice.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
The new villains are good, but beyond that the main characters have shown absolutely no growth whatsoever, with the exception of Peter and maybe Noah. Peter's actually taken into account the past three years and is at least trying to lay low and use his powers independently to help people and not get involved with anything bigger. Its not going to work surely but at least he's shown reaction to the past. Noah also seems to be in reflection mode a bit. But then you go to characters like Claire and Hiro. Claire still acts like she's 16 years old, and Hiro still acts like he's five and is in yet another juvenile storyline, and that's saying something considering he's supposedly dying. Faux Nathan's breakdown seems pretty premature to be happening already, and I just can't get into the Matt/Sylar mindmeld deal.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
Im pretty much done now that this horrible episode did nothing to make me like the show again. Hiro's story is useless. People never die in this show except side characters.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts

>NBC ranked fourth, it's two-hour "Heroes" premiere (6 million, 2.7) free falling 46% from last year's one-hour opener. "Heroes" didn't face "House" last year, but this is nonetheless a troubling drop.

Ouch. Really hope the writers are writing these volumes prepared for them to be the last. It had lots of stiff competition, but still, a 46% drop off from last year is just, egads.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
house at the same time hurts it alot

Conmi Cusal

Conmi Cusal

• Members
  • 4,207 posts
I was really finding it hard to stay focused and interested on the episode. I wanted to like it, but its just so hard.

As for Peter, doesn't he have the thing where if he touches them, he keeps one power. So now he's sans Mohinder's power, but now he has Ray Park's.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
So far the only thing I like was that Creepy tattoo carny.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Yeah, he was good. I really like all three of those characters, cuz the drawing board lady just kneeling there and letting him work was creepy as hell too.

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts

I was really finding it hard to stay focused and interested on the episode. I wanted to like it, but its just so hard.

As for Peter, doesn't he have the thing where if he touches them, he keeps one power. So now he's sans Mohinder's power, but now he has Ray Park's.

I don't think so. Mohinder's power wouldn't let him be sleep deprived and not be fatigued. I know he gained the speedster power but still not convinced that he's lost a power....

If that's true though, it'll be interesting if the handshake w/ Ink Man will have transfered that power and now Peter will go "WTF"?

oh, and what's the deal w/ deaf girl? What the hell is so cool about seeing light w/ sound? That power seems pretty stupid to me and they better have a good damn reason why they introduced it...

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
I enjoyed last nights episode a lot more. Although I still think Claire is totally useless. Sylar totally steals his scenes. They were great. I would watch an hour of him ****ing with parkman anyday.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
The whole Sylar/Matt plot makes no sense though. It doesn't fit with what actually happened in the finale. Matt did not absorb Sylar's consciousness, he buried it deep within Sylar's mind and brought the Nathan persona to the forefront. If anything Sylar's consciousness should be haunting the Nathan consciousness, trying to wrest control of the body, not being separated from the body altogether. Its just another example of the writers not paying attention to something they themselves freaking wrote.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
This is the guy in me talking but I totally got a hot Claire / Gretchen Lesbian type vibe from that last scene. hahaha

I'll agree though that Sylar steals ANY scene he's in. Which is all the more reason to have more of him. If you try to use villians that aren't him, it doesn't work! He's the best! And they've steered away from that focus since Season 1, with obvious results.

scantron20

scantron20

• Members
  • 850 posts
that lesbian plotline was kind of humorous to me... i just couldn't take it seriously! it seems more like a ratings ploy than an actual decent storyline... i guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
I don't think it was intented to give off lesbian vibes, but it sure did to me!

Reply to this topic