Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (spoilers)

638 replies to this topic

Mara Jade Skywalker

Mara Jade Skywalker

Unpaid Disney Shill

• Members
  • 34,732 posts
I would imagine that they are going to spend A LOT of time on the Battle of Hogwarts, which is fine with me!

Jedi Rebel

Jedi Rebel

PEACE

• Members
  • 1,795 posts

i reckon that's a reasonable place. it means they can end the first half on a massive cliffhanger, open the second half with them escaping and going to gringotts, and then concentrate more on the battle of hogwarts at the end, because there'll be more time.

[i]Possible spoiler for those who have not read the book, BEWARE!!![/i]

yeah since the battle in HBP sucked big time. They have got a lot to make up for. I know I was expecting more. I wonder if they will have the dragon from Gringotts in it. BTW I would expect the trio shown being taken to malfoy manor, that is where Hermione is tortured by Bellkatrix and directly related to how Dobby dies. One thing I would like to see in the movie, something I was hoping we'd see in OOTP or the HBP is Ginny's Bat Bogey Hex. Its been mentioned a lot in the book's. Oh, and I really look foward seeing Neville going big and bad, after the crappy screentime he got in HBP.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
I still don't think the ending of HBP sucked at all and I don't remember any kind of battle at the end of it. It made more sense for the ending to happen the way it did and minor changes because they don't want to be repetitive is fine by me. Cause that's what two battles would have been, repetitive. Save the fancy choreography for the GREAT battle at the end of the seventh (8th) film. (But where was Hagrid when the shack went up in flames?)

And I'm much more of a fan of Kreacher dying instead of Dobby since I think it would make a more powerful moment if he sacrificed himself after overcoming the ignorance he's known all his life and met his fate in the end. Dobby hasn't been important for years and even in the book, I didn't really care for the death of his character and felt it should have been Kreacher.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
Posted Image

First official image released. Amazing how we've got less than a year until the first part is released. And even more amazing is how this will probably be the only title since the Columbus films that people will universally love since it will be the most faithful page to screen translation from what set reports have indicated. And naked Harry sounds like fun, post Equus.

Undome Telcontar

Undome Telcontar

Home.

• Members
  • 13,400 posts
not sure they really pull off 17 any more. they seem obviously my age to me.

but nothing can be as bad as HBP. my hopes were up after OotP too, before they were dashed on the rocky shores of make-it-up-as-we-go-along-land. :(

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
I see seventeen year olds who look like them. I saw plenty of them at Twilight last week. Rupert's the only one who looks 19 or so.

And I seriously wonder if we all read the same books and watched the same movies.

You people are crazy.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
HPB was an awful movie. Might as well call it Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince: The Cliff Notes.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
:heart:

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts

HPB was an awful movie. Might as well call it Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince: The Cliff Notes.

You have me confused, what's HPB?

Thank God you all have the Twilight films to fall back on since the Potter films suck so much.

Me personally, I haven't read Half-Blood Prince in years and things were still fresh in my head that when you guys "argue" and by that, I mean, you just say how sucky the film was without much critical thought behind it or try to understand why they changed things the way they did, I just have to shrug and wonder what you guys expect going into the theater.

You realize you can't make a 3.5 hour Harry Potter film; even I would get bored of it. You also realize that even if the tiniest of details, which hey - they're going to be cramming everything into the two parter coming out in 2010/2011, isn't in these films, it only matters to the people who haven't read the book and really, who cares? By now they should have read the novels and if they haven't, it's their loss. And as films with things cut for screen time, they work without the extra information.

Edited by Wally Q, 01 December 2009 - 07:20 PM.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
oh I "understand" why they changed things the way they did (EXPLOSIONS! FIRE! MOAR BELLA!!! ANGSST!!!1) I just think they did a poor job of adapting the novel to a script. They added where they shouldn't have and subtracted from the most important elements of the book. I'm totally fine with directors and screenwriters taking liberties with a novel adaptation- hell my favorite of the HP movies is Prisoner of Azkaban- but there's a difference between taking liberties to bring an asthetic and a theme to a novel and changing a story for more EXPLOSIONS.

HBP is my second favorite of the HP books. It's the worst film to date.

Undome Telcontar

Undome Telcontar

Home.

• Members
  • 13,400 posts
<3

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts

oh I "understand" why they changed things the way they did (EXPLOSIONS! FIRE! MOAR BELLA!!! ANGSST!!!1) I just think they did a poor job of adapting the novel to a script. They added where they shouldn't have and subtracted from the most important elements of the book. I'm totally fine with directors and screenwriters taking liberties with a novel adaptation- hell my favorite of the HP movies is Prisoner of Azkaban- but there's a difference between taking liberties to bring an asthetic and a theme to a novel and changing a story for more EXPLOSIONS.

HBP is my second favorite of the HP books. It's the worst film to date.

Are we still talking about the Burrow?

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
**** quality but our first look at the Deathly Hallows:

click

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• 13,120 posts
Better quality

Great to have John Hurt back too :thumbsup:

groove terminator

groove terminator

There are two rules for success: 1.) Don't tell all you know

• Members
  • 2,915 posts
that was awesome

Mara Jade Skywalker

Mara Jade Skywalker

Unpaid Disney Shill

• Members
  • 34,732 posts

Better quality

I wonder if we will see Xenophilius, since he was the one who originally told Harry about the Deathy Hallows.

Ugh, NOVEMBER. I thought this was coming out in July. Why so loooooong? This past weekend ABC Family had another "Harry Potter weekend" and now I really want to see the next movie. Grrr.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts

Better quality

I wonder if we will see Xenophilius, since he was the one who originally told Harry about the Deathy Hallows.

Yes.

Posted Image

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• 13,120 posts
Footage screened at Showest

Warner Bros.' The Big Picture presentation at ShoWest 2010 ended with some of the first footage ever shown for David Yates' Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, showing clips presumably from both parts of the final chapter. This isn't a fully detailed recap, just what we could remember and having not yet read the book, this writer didn't have a lot of context for what he was watching on screen but it still looked pretty fantastic.

Spoiler

Bit more there too.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
Photos of the epilogue have appeared online.

Mara Jade Skywalker

Mara Jade Skywalker

Unpaid Disney Shill

• Members
  • 34,732 posts
Sweet I can't wait to hear all the bitching. :D

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
People who bitch should be silenced.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts

People who bitch should be silenced.

Do you mind if I save this quote for future reference?
  • The Maker +1 this

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
Sure until you decide to use it against me.

Edited by Wally Q, 25 May 2010 - 05:06 PM.

Sheep Murderer

Sheep Murderer

Sure I'm a boy?

• Members
  • 6,986 posts
I should really re-read the book. I'm remembering so little about it that it's scary.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
I went through the source code and got the actual movie;

http://www.filmz.ru/...dteaser_480.mp4

Once I downloaded it, i was able to make QT bigger and wow. Man, they showed a TON of scenes that were very recognizable.

Reply to this topic