Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (spoilers)

638 replies to this topic

Sheep Murderer

Sheep Murderer

Sure I'm a boy?

• Members
  • 6,986 posts
So...no comments about 3-D skin bits floating around after Voldemort dies?

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,463 posts
people still waste their money on 3D?

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,924 posts
Unfortunately. Personally I'm holding out for a holograms
  • Copper +1 this

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
word, bro.
  • The Maker +1 this

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts

I think they still could have had the whole Harry and Voldemort fighting all around the castle ala ESB just like they did. All they had to do is change from when harry grabbed Voldemort by the neck and threw them, they coulda did that mid-air wrestling match and instead of crash landing into the open courtyard, they coulda landed in the great hall where all of the fighting was occurring. That way they could have done all the movie magic they wanted, but then have that book ending, one-spell death in front of everyone and the embrace scene that was SORELY missed.

Thoughts?

Cheesy. I like having the action away from everyone... but it's whatever. It could have worked but having everyone blow up in applause would have felt weird.

Edited by Wally Q, 29 July 2011 - 12:53 PM.

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,465 posts

So...no comments about 3-D skin bits floating around after Voldemort dies?

It was perhaps the only part of the movie where the 3D actually was noticeable.

Jedi Cool

Jedi Cool

They call me MRS. Six!

• Moderators
  • 19,548 posts

Sorry to have wasted your time but I understand all that bit.

Ooops!

No harm done.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,846 posts

I think they still could have had the whole Harry and Voldemort fighting all around the castle ala ESB just like they did. All they had to do is change from when harry grabbed Voldemort by the neck and threw them, they coulda did that mid-air wrestling match and instead of crash landing into the open courtyard, they coulda landed in the great hall where all of the fighting was occurring. That way they could have done all the movie magic they wanted, but then have that book ending, one-spell death in front of everyone and the embrace scene that was SORELY missed.

Thoughts?

Cheesy. I like having the action away from everyone... but it's whatever. It could have worked but having everyone blow up in applause would have felt weird.

In my head, the applause and celebrating is a burst of noise and then silence. Kinda like....well...hell for the life of me I can't think of a good example, even though I know a TON of movies have done this....

Kitster aka Boba Fett

Kitster aka Boba Fett

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 4,093 posts
How likely do you think it is that they'll release a version of the Deathly Hallows that cuts Part 1 and 2 together into one film? That's what I wanna see...

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
You'll just have to watch them back to back, I don't think they'll ever put it together on just one disc.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
I would like an extended version ala LOTR. Or an alternate ending where the ending doesn't suck ass.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,743 posts
I'm hoping Parts 1 and 2 will at least be offered together in an optional combo package. My wife refused to let us buy Part 1 alone because she assumes that version will exist and save us a buck or two.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Same here Six. Part 1 is the only one I never bought when it came out.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
This will apparently be a Target exclusive documentary on the DH Pt. 2 release, though I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up on the Ultimate Edition for the two films:

Reply to this topic