Ridley Scott's Prometheus

Wally Q

It's obvious what's going on...IMO...lol.

Mankind looks to it's own beginnings, stumbles across something sacred that we weren't meant to stuble across.

The sacred stuff is protected by a proto-alien, one of the greedy humans sees the devesatation that these proto-aliens can cause and engineers/turns them into the alien (aliens) that we so fondly remember from 1979.

I'm more hyped for this now than anything else out next year, Avengers, Hobbit, Dark Knight Rises etc.
Looks like Helmet Guy is going more Outland than Alien. If I'm right, it's more clever than cheap. And I think that's the vibe I'm getting from this movie. It could be brilliant, or (more likely) a cheap homage.

At this point, I have great expectations and low hopes for this film.

• 2 months later...
Guest El Chalupacabra

Feel like I see the plot for the whole dang thing there...

still totally seeing it. Ridley's last chance for redemption!

Redemption from what? The fact he hasn't made a sci fi movie since Blade Runner?

My favorite Director. The man is responsible for four of the most pioneering, revolutionary, and genre bending epics any single Director could dream of accomplishing even just once in their career!

Alien - Basically 'Jaws in space', but the first, and still the best, of a whole new genre now called Sci-Fi Horror.

Blade Runner - Arguably the best, and/or most influential Science Fiction film ever made, after Stanley Kubricks' 2001: A Space Oddessey.

Legend - Underrated and faar before its time (aesthetically) in the Fantasy/Sorcery realm. Easily the 'prettiest film' amongst its contemporaries (Neverending Story, Dark Crystal, Willow). Much like Blade Runner, this film was (as is) influential far after its theatrical release.

Thelma and Louise - The 'chick flick' that redifined 'chick flicks.' He did it first, or at least, best.

Ok, so I've been away for a couple of years-- but this film looks promising. I know that isn't very insightfull but at least now people know I'm back...right. I'll probably upset you at some point with crazy posts like "mass jedi suicide"...my apologies in advance. I see Tank is as pessimistic as ever. :rock:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.