Ridley Scott's Prometheus

Wally Q

Mara-- Inception gave me enough info to allow me to figure it out. Well, assume I did, I could be wrong-- but at least I felt I got it.

Agreed, the ending to Inception is obvious.

yeah, [gee, spoiler] the kids are still wearing the same clothes from his memories. either that's a **** up on the costume department or he's forever stuck in limbo. and that would mean asian dude's there too.

• 2 years later...

Script for the Prometheus sequel has been declared "finished."

Eager to get a look at "Paradise."

In retrospect, as good of a looker as Prometheus was, as much as I personally enjoyed it, it's a shame that it couldn't have met in the middle between the original Spaihts script (which explained a lot more and made the characters more fathomable/likable, but was probably too straight-forward) and the impossible final product. Would have left a lot more people satisfied without alienating people who don't need their narratives pre-chewed.

Fingers crossed that the sequel manages to achieve that balance.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Prometheus was disappointing for sure, for the following reasons: the leap of logic that based on hieroglyphs and some unknown anthropologist's say-so, a multi trillion dollar corporation is ready to fund a trip a few million lightyears in a random direction, thug scientists/pirates who sound like they're from Yorkshire who annoyed me, engineers who go Jason Vorhees for no reason, the entire set of the ship Prometheus looking like its straight out of Mass Effect, a robotic med lab that is gender specific, Nomi Rapace being able to run within 5 minutes of her c-section abortion procedure, just to name a few. But the movie did leave me wanting to see a sequel.

The gist I got was:

the Engineer sent back 2000 years ago was Jesus Christ, we crucified him, and the Engineers decided to hit the reset button. Things went wonky, they are stuck in suspended animation, and the Engineer gets woke up by a species he was going to destroy. The Engineers seeded planets with their sacrifice, and this old human had the gumption to ask for more life. He looked at the Android, human's attempt to create life, and decided to just obliterate them all.

I have no idea if that's right. It was nice for a movie to expect you to draw conclusions, but this movie expected way too much. I don't need to be spoon-fed, but holy smokes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.