ripley

is she unable to speak here?

i think she's gonna die, anyway

h.r. giger

flying this

outta here

and it's the size of a star destroyer

this pretty ship...

the black guy crashes...into the star destroyer?

maybe. well anyway, how are they going home now?

did they show too much?

I keep fearing they're showing too much in the trailers but there's still nuggets gleaned from every frame and if that amount of detail is shown in just two minutes what else is in store for us in the other 118? Case in point:

Look! Peter Weyland! As early as 0:40 in the first damned teaser even...

This has already got a ridiculously epic feel to it. At this current moment, I am actually more excited for this than I am The Dark Knight Rises. Didn't think I would be saying that about ANY movie this year, but there you go. All kinds of awesomenes going on here.

Cool clip, for sure. Especially the last line.

The trailer footage seems to have a very 70s, 80s vision of the future. Which is very welcome to me. Too often now you see a super high tech future where it's too clean and overly complicated. It seems very gritty here, and simple. Which is in line with Alien and Blade Runner, really. So it's nice to just see that look again, whatever the movie ends up being.

Cool clip, for sure. Especially the last line.

The trailer footage seems to have a very 70s, 80s vision of the future. Which is very welcome to me. Too often now you see a super high tech future where it's too clean and overly complicated. It seems very gritty here, and simple. Which is in line with Alien and Blade Runner, really. So it's nice to just see that look again, whatever the movie ends up being.

Except for the 45345134234234 floating hologram displays. That's a scifi set dressing that's become way over-used in m opinion. I'd have had more respect if they'd stuck with the tech design of the first couple alien movies and just presented them with modern FX techniques.

None of Weyland's TED speech are in the movie. This was made for the fans. And the original version, likely to be included on the DVD, is over six minutes.

aw, man. wtf? why are they advertising it mixed with movie footage then? ted.com has some neat videos.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.