Ridley Scott's Prometheus

Wally Q

It's just a matter of time before they do Terminator vs. Alien. Or Terminator vs. Predator. Nothing new under the sun.

Comics are ahead of you:

Drak Horse Comics, April 2000.

They also did at least one Robocop vs. Terminator miniseries, and numerous crossovers with other companies: three Batman/Predator outings, three Superman/Aliens outings, one Green Lantern/Aliens special, one Judge Dredd/Aliens miniseries, and lots more crossovers with other characters you may not know such as Nexus, Magnus Robot Fighter, the WildCATs, Witchblade...

What is odd about Morgan Webb. She totally looks the part. Granted the Maxim image is airbrushed awfulness but I choose that pic because of the costume. It reminded me of Ripley's slinky white underwear. LOL Except obviously all blacked out here and Xtremized as Hollywood would do things today. LOL Anyway if you look at the non-Maxim pic of Morgan you can see how much she looks like Sigourney. Her smile, eyes, nose, jaw are all reminiscent of Sigourney Weaver.

Morgan Webb visually is to Sigourney Weaver's Ripley as Zachary Quinto is to Leonard Nimoy's Spock.

It's just a matter of time before they do Terminator vs. Alien. Or Terminator vs. Predator. Nothing new under the sun.

Comics are ahead of you:

Drak Horse Comics, April 2000.

They also did at least one Robocop vs. Terminator miniseries, and numerous crossovers with other companies: three Batman/Predator outings, three Superman/Aliens outings, one Green Lantern/Aliens special, one Judge Dredd/Aliens miniseries, and lots more crossovers with other characters you may not know such as Nexus, Magnus Robot Fighter, the WildCATs, Witchblade...

Terminator beats Aliens hands down in a fight because the Aliens BLEED and T has plasma rifles. T-1000 is fast, self-repairing, and the Aliens might not even see him as a threat until he starts attacking because he's not a living creature. only problem i see is the acid. dunno if the 800's endoskeleton is acid-proof or not(wouldn't be surprised if it was), and 1000 would probably be screwed.

Terminator v Predator i call Predator. Predator is more agile and has more gadgets -most of which apparently have no trouble slicing through metal, whereas the only thing Terminator has going for it is lack of body heat making it easier to hide, and we've seen that's not really a problem, Predator would just switch his helmet to a different setting. T-1000 might be a different story. He's a lot more agile than the 800 and if he imitated the natural environment like in the hospital the lack of a heat signature would be an advantage. No way of knowing if Predator's weapons would be more effective or not, though i can't imagine plasma being LESS damaging than molten steel.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=55913
Earlier yesterday, rumors were coming out of horror site Bloody-Disgusting that 20th Century Fox was interested in relaunching the "Alien" franchise with some sort of reboot or remake, following the recent news that Robert Rodriguez would be doing the same thing for 20th Century Fox's other sci-fi creature franchise, Predator.

While there was no confirmation from the Fox camp or the trades, Collider's roving reporter "Frosty" cornered director Tony Scott at the press conference for his own remake of The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 to get confirmation and learned that Scott-Free Productions is indeed producing a remake with director Carl Rinsch helming. They hope that the movie, which is meant act as a prequel to Ridley Scott's original 1979 classic Alien, will be shooting by the end of the year.

The original B-D story suggested that they would return to the original concept of just one alien creature, and that they'd be looking for a new "Ripley."

The same Carl Rinsch who hasn't made a movie for 13 years? How the hell could the Scotts sign off on this!?!

Mystery solved! It's not the same Carl Rinsch. According to the June 12th issue of Entertainment Weekly, proposed director Carl Erik Rinsch (see? Totally different guy!) is a commercial director who's apparently made some well-received ads for a German tech company called Saturn (no relation to GM). Those ads reportedly contained "futuristic flourishes". If hired, EW says this would be his feature film debut.

According to the article, Carl Erik Rensch is also rumored to be the boyfriend of Ridley Scott's daughter, Jordan.

THIS IS RIPLEY 2.0

(or should be anyway if she can act like an action hero, I mean she doesn't have to be Oscar worthy.)

No way, bro. I agree that chick is homely. So homely I'm not even including the pic in this quote.

When one wants to re-cast Ripley, the only name one should consider is Evangeline Lilly.

What is odd about Morgan Webb.

She looks like gender reassignment surgery gone wrong.

Morgan Webb visually is to Sigourney Weaver's Ripley as Zachary Quinto is to Leonard Nimoy's Spock.

Oh.you mean not very good, and no I do not care what some in the media said on their pre-release push "JJTrek" bandwagon. Quinto looks no more convincing than the endless fans i've seen dressed as TOS Spock.

I didn't like Quinto either. But not due to his "looks" which were fine.

Spock was just written stupidly in that movie, a point driven home by the ridiculous love story between Spock and Uhura. Quinto was fine as an actor, his character was just way to arrogant and egotistical, and didn't seem like Spock at all.

I didn't like Quinto either. But not due to his "looks" which were fine.

Spock was just written stupidly in that movie, a point driven home by the ridiculous love story between Spock and Uhura. Quinto was fine as an actor, his character was just way to arrogant and egotistical, and didn't seem like Spock at all.

maybe it was just pon farr. you know how we males can get.

When one wants to re-cast Ripley, the only name one should consider is Evangeline Lilly.

Lilly is a solid choice. Edit: AND YES THE PIC OF MORGAN WAS BAD. I just liked the outfit. LOL GAWD! Deleted and changed now. LOL

LOL

• 1 month later...

OK I've turned around on this project:

Twentieth Century Fox is resuscitating its "Alien" franchise. The studio has hired Jon Spaihts to write a prequel that has Ridley Scott attached to return as director.

- Variety

Hell has frozen over at FOX! OH GLORIOUS GODS! THIS FILM MAY NOT SUCK AFTER ALL!

If Scott is onboard then thats pretty cool and raises my expectations a bit, but I really don't think a prequel is needed, one of the great things about Alien is the mystery about the whole thing.

(I want a sequel, a proper Alien 3.)

I'm very glad to hear this, and even though I have the utmost faith in Scott, I hope he goes back to the horror genre with it and doesn't bow to any pressure to make another Aliens knockoff as everyone else has seemed to over the years. I'd also like to see O'Bannon, Schusett and Giger on board too.

(I want a sequel, a proper Alien 3.)

Already was. It was directed by David Fincher ;)

• 2 months later...

Ridley says not much about Alien prequel

“It’s a brand new box of tricks,†said Sir Ridley. “We know what the road map is, and the screenplay is now being put on paper. The prequel will be a while ago. It’s very difficult to put a year on Alien, but (for example) if Alien was towards the end of this century, then the prequel story will take place thirty years prior.â€

• 5 months later...

Ridley dishes some details

"It's set in 2085, about 30 years before Sigourney [Weaver's character Ellen Ripley]. It's fundamentally about going out to find out 'Who the hell was that Space Jockey?' The guy who was sitting in the chair in the alien vehicle — there was a giant fellow sitting in a seat on what looked to be either a piece of technology or an astronomer's chair ... Our man [Tom Skerritt as Captain Dallas] climbs up and says "There's been an explosion in his chest from the inside out — what was that?" I'm basically explaining who that Space Jockey — we call him the Space Jockey — I'm explaining who the space jockeys were ... [The film] is about the discussion of terraforming — taking planets and planetoids and balls of earth and trying to terraform, seed them with the possibilities of future life."

Scott says he'll be approaching H.R. Giger to talk creature designs in an effort to create something new because he feels, "The alien in a sense, as a shape, is worn out." Very interesting.

*approves*

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.