Little things that annoy you

FINDING OUT THE THE REALLY LONG ETHERNET CABLE CONNECTING TIVO THE ROUTER THAT'S IN THE OTHER ROOM MUST'VE STOPPED WORKING BECAUSE NEITHER THE ROUTER OR TIVO THINK IT'S PLUGGED IN WHEN IT IS AND HAVING TO GO BUY A NEW ONE BUT NOT KNOWING HOW LONG OF A CABLE TO GET AND NOT REALLY HAVING ANY SPENDING MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

People who can't let things go.

People who cry about things behind closed doors.

Everybody talks **** behind closed doors. Everybody. If you've EVER posted here at Nightly about a boss, a friend, a lover, a coworker, or a family member, then you've talked **** behind closed doors. Hell, if you've ever turned to a friend and said "my boss is a dick" then you've talked **** behind closed doors. We all do it, and it's healthy because it keeps us from busting somebody in the ****ing mouth. I talk **** behind closed doors all the time about everybody and everybody talks **** about me behind closed doors and it's all good. Wouldn't have it any other way. :drool:

FINDING OUT THE THE REALLY LONG ETHERNET CABLE CONNECTING TIVO THE ROUTER THAT'S IN THE OTHER ROOM MUST'VE STOPPED WORKING BECAUSE NEITHER THE ROUTER OR TIVO THINK IT'S PLUGGED IN WHEN IT IS AND HAVING TO GO BUY A NEW ONE BUT NOT KNOWING HOW LONG OF A CABLE TO GET AND NOT REALLY HAVING ANY SPENDING MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

always go longer than what you think you need. I've never had good luck with anything like that.

People that throw "done" into the middle of their sentences. as in, "I already done told him 20 times not to leave his toys all over the god damn floor."

I live in NH. People here try to be rednecks. It's really pathetic.

The thing about NH is that the people who live outside of the "big cities" make a concerted effort to be as redneck as possible. Especially the younger generation. They like to show off how redneck they are with confederate flags, being very obvious about what they are doing when chewing tobacco, talking about their new "**** kickers", driving trucks completely covered in mud, saying things like "done".

All the old redneck men that grew up around here don't flaunt it the same way. They're very quiet and just go about their day to day. I mean, they wear their flannel and boots and rive ugly trucks, but they're not as in your face about it.

Don't get me wrong though, there are plenty of non-redneck people who live here. But, I wouldn't be surprised to find some slingblade mother ****er out in the woods.

The thing about NH is that the people who live outside of the "big cities" make a concerted effort to be as redneck as possible. Especially the younger generation. They like to show off how redneck they are with confederate flags, being very obvious about what they are doing when chewing tobacco, talking about their new "**** kickers", driving trucks completely covered in mud, saying things like "done".

OMG, we have the same problem :rolleyes:

Criminals or as I call them career criminals who have been in and out of jail for years and have a wrap sheet pages long and yet they are still out in society doing the same stuff over and over again.

I have no use for people who do not learn from their mistakes and no use for criminals.

I was complaining about my mother-in-law undermining my authority today, and I remembered this license plate cover/bumper sticker I've seen that irritates the hell out of me:

"Mom says no? Call 1-800-GRANDMA"

I'll bet her in-laws LOVE her.

You might need to move far, far away to raise your (potential) kids. Either that or you'll pull all your hair out. Or I guess option 3 would be for your husband to stand up to his mother and set her straight.

He says he'll stand up to her if she pulls this with the grandkids, because he realizes if I confronted her it would just cause resentment, but if he talks to her, there's a chance she'll listen. He says next time she visits he'll issue her a gentle reminder at the start of her visit about how we expect the dog to behave and how she can't have people food. (They had to put a dog down once because they made it ill from feeding it scraps... you think she would have learned.) She is ridiculously stubborn, however. I mean, I'm good at digging in my heels and being a general pain in the butt when I want to, but it's like talking to a brick wall with her. She's set in her ways. It's going to be very frustrating.

In any event, I'm doomed. She currently lives in Florida but is talking about buying a condo up here for the summers. I'm counting the days I have left until she moves next door.

He says he'll stand up to her if she pulls this with the grandkids, because he realizes if I confronted her it would just cause resentment, but if he talks to her, there's a chance she'll listen. He says next time she visits he'll issue her a gentle reminder at the start of her visit about how we expect the dog to behave and how she can't have people food. (They had to put a dog down once because they made it ill from feeding it scraps... you think she would have learned.) She is ridiculously stubborn, however. I mean, I'm good at digging in my heels and being a general pain in the butt when I want to, but it's like talking to a brick wall with her. She's set in her ways. It's going to be very frustrating.

In any event, I'm doomed. She currently lives in Florida but is talking about buying a condo up here for the summers. I'm counting the days I have left until she moves next door.

I was going to say don't let her stay with you, but if she gets a condo there then yes, you're doomed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.