Little things that annoy you

My latest great anger is the plague of unnecessary apostrophes that seem to crop up everywhere. Apostrophes are NOT needed to make things plural!! I am so sick of seeing signs saying "$2.99 Margarita's!" and the like. I feel like asking, "$2.99 margarita's WHAT? What do they have?!" :angry:

My latest great anger is the plague of unnecessary apostrophes that seem to crop up everywhere. Apostrophes are NOT needed to make things plural!! I am so sick of seeing signs saying "$2.99 Margarita's!" and the like. I feel like asking, "$2.99 margarita's WHAT? What do they have?!" :angry:

Yeah. I really hate it when poster's do that.

I go to Orlando and I come back home with bad allergies. I knew I was alergic to that place. Anyway for the last hour I have sneezed 131 times. I've given up on tissues. I am now keeping a bath towel with me to sneeze on. My head and body is hurting so badly from all the sneezing it is rediculous. Oh ****

132 times now.

http://www.apostropheabuse.com/

http://www.unnecessaryquotes.com/

Yeah. I really hate it when poster's do that.

SEE WHAT YOU DID

This one's reared it's ugly head more than usual lately...

1. The idiot that decided that "Katrina" was a great name for a hurricane.

2. Hearing "oh, like the hurricane!" about 98% of the time when I introduce myself. Especially interesting when large crowds are involved.

3. Hearing a backpedal that digs them deeper, a tasteless joke (that one's died down, thank heavens), or the same questions ("how do you feel about sharing a name with a hurricane?" "I'll bet you've heard this before, huh?") when I respond with "yes, like the hurricane" about 50% of the time or so.

4. And the worst might just be that despite hearing it over and over, the fact that I am way too uncomfortable with responding "like the hurricane" when people ask me how to spell my name because I think it sounds callous, despite the fact that looking at what I just told them to write generally gets the response of "oh, like the hurricane!" :rolleyes:

5. Even worse is feeling like a bad person when I get annoyed by this.

Did Andrew's or Camille's ever have this problem?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.