Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GreenLightBaby's Minis

10 replies to this topic

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts

Promises

Nimble fingers deftly tied the blue satiny ribbon around the white teddy bear’s neck.

“I’ll tell Mommy and Daddy later,” she said, accepting her bear.

“I promise Lizzy. I’m always here for you… only you.”

“I know, Mikey.”

She twirled around in a circle. “The ring’s so sparkly.”

His grin spread across his face as her joy radiated outward.

Laughing, she fell to the ground. “I’m so dizzy.”

The sunlight reflected the twinkle in her eyes.

“Whatcha thinking?”

“Gimme your slingshot.”

“Don’t break it.” Carefully, he pulled it out of his back pocket.

“What’s yours is mine and what’s mine is yours.” She held out her hand. “Time to storm the castle.”

He handed it over. “Promise me you’ll take care of it.”

She gestured while reciting, “Cross my heart and hope to die. Stick a needle in your eye.”

“That’s ‘my eye.’ ”

“Love you but you’re wrong.”

Hand in hand, they ran to the forest’s edge. His older twin brothers’ taunt, ‘your princess is in another castle’ faded from his memory.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
Nice GLB! I like how it's just the tiniest bit ambigious. There's a sense of doom in that last sentence, which is awesome.

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts

Nice GLB! I like how it's just the tiniest bit ambigious. There's a sense of doom in that last sentence, which is awesome.

This contest came at the perfect time. I'm brainstorming for Script Frenzy in April. These two were secondary characters in my NaNoNovel 2008 when they were kids. They screamed at me for the last two months to write a story for them. Yeah, they'll have a script, but I need a novel to properly make them happy. LOL

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts

Chapter 2: Action/Reaction

“Told my old man I’m out of this chickens***t outfit after this.” His chair back tipped against the wall.

John pushed the rickety table forward. “Gonna see your girl?”

“**** no.”

“Newsflash.”

“You’re not my mother.” He threw back the rest of his drink then poured another one. “When I was home, I gave Lizzy my walking papers. Don’t care who she’s ****ing.”

“You’re ****ing me. She’s your one.”

He raised an accusing middle finger with his glass. “You **** her. She likes you.”

“I’m your spotter and your best friend, ***hole. Promised her and your dad that I’d watch your six.”

The burn barely registered down his throat.

“If I cared, she’d know I’m in South America not in Milan.”

“Drunk?”

Mike eyed a full bottle amongst its empty friends. “Nope.”

“Tangos at nine and two. Cover’s blown.”

Mike and John shot up, pulling out their weapons. Back to back, they surveyed the room.

“Twenty to two. Even odds, Mike.”

Mike’s ****eating grin flashed. “Time to get this party started.”

Kokeshi_Doll769

Kokeshi_Doll769

oh hey i didn't see you there

• Members
  • 5,221 posts
omg I love this. I can't wait for the next part.

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts

omg I love this. I can't wait for the next part.

Thank you. I think you'll like the next one too. I can't wait for the final theme to wrap this story up.

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts

Chapter 3: Confession

Mike glanced down then at her. “We need to get out of here. Now.”

Lizzy looked past Mike. “An ambush -- doesn’t know him.”

He grabbed her forearms. “Look at me. Forget the dead. We’re outta here.”

“What do you want me to say? Welcome home?” She pushed him away, shaking her head.

“Dammit, Lizzy.” He ran his hand through his hair. “I’m sorry.”

“You left me. Disappear for a year and all you can say is ‘I’m sorry?’”

“You don’t understand.” The darkness swallowed his kicked pebble.

“**** you! I understand!”

“You don’t know what we do… your dad, my dad, and me. Look at me not that ghost.”

“Daddy never lies,” she gritted out, her hands clenching and unclenching.

“We work for Uncle Sam… black ops. I’m getting out soon… can’t deal wit--”

He blinked then found himself on the wet pavement staring up at her.

“Bull****. You run, return, and apologize. I take you back. No more. We’re over.”

Each word a knife -- killing his dream.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
Lizzy's pretty cold! Nice GLB. :)

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts

Lizzy's pretty cold! Nice GLB. :)

Let's just say Daddy taught her well. I don't want want to influence the readers so I'll post some of the backstory after the voting is finished.

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts

Chapter 4: The Castle

As Mike limped through the doorway, carrying an exhausted Lizzy, their blood trail shadowed them. After kicking the castle door close, he lowered her, sliding her down his left side.

Leaning together for support, murmuring reassurances.

Pivoting left as a seasoned unit; they sighted the shadowy figure on the bed.

They lowered their weapons, their gold wedding bands reflecting the roaring fireplace’s light.

“It’s my bear.” She slugged his unhurt arm. “I almost shredded him.”

His bandaged arm wrapped around her waist. “I forgot… with all the excitement.” He blew the bloody hair strands off her cheek.

Leaning toward him, she rubbed the grime off his chin. “Our engagement -- I let you walk -- never fought for us. Dammit, my characters were living our dreams. Our dreams!”

Tipping her chin up, he said, “Together we beat the bad guys. Together we’ll have our dreams.”

“I promise.” She recited, “Cross my heart and hope to die. Stick a needle in my eye.”

“Where’s my slingshot, princess?”

“Uh… about that…”

The End

Antilla

Antilla

ET phone gnome

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
You have such a distinctive style of writing. And that’s certainly a good thing. If we ever did another of those contests where you had to guess the author, I can't imagine anyone failing to recognize a sample of your fiction.

Reply to this topic