Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wrestlemania 25: The Silver Anniversary

328 replies to this topic

Guest_mateoboz_*

Guest_mateoboz_*
  • Guests
As of right now my plan is to attend WMXXV. I'm still bummed out that I wasn't at WMX7. If I go it will be my first non-house show. It's going to be a very emotional day for me. I will probably shed a few tears in the parking lot as I look out over the grassy field once known as AstroWorld, where some of the greatest days of my life were spent. But then I'm going to turn around and be looking up at Reliant, still all shiny. And I'm going to be at WRESTLEMANIA! I'm thinking I'll fly down to Lubbock on a Thursday or Friday and meet my brother. We'll stay in Lubbock for the night, then drive to Houston the next day. I really want to see all of the exibits and fan access stuff. We'll drive back to Lubbock from Reliant right after the show. Should be a blast! I can't wait!

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
source: the usual sources :shrug:

WWE is looking to do either a Triple H vs. The Undertaker or Edge vs. Triple H match for the WWE Championship at next year's WrestleMania 25 pay-per-view in Houston, Texas.

As far as The Undertaker vs. Triple H goes, one problem with that is most everyone would know the outcome to Taker's undefeated streak. However, it's believed that The Undertaker would be okay with losing the match as he will do whatever Vince McMahon feels is best for the business. Vince is said to be going back and forth on whether or not the streak should end.

I don't think the streak should end at this point unless it's somebody with something to prove. HHH has nothing left to prove. Edge on the other hand...perfect candidate, but that match has been overdone lately.

Keep the streak alive.

Or, in the usual WWE idiot fashion, end Undertakers streak in his hometown.

No.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,467 posts
Edge was the best and last opportunity they had to end the streak. Since they didn't do it then, they should never do it. I'd be much more interested in Edge vs Triple H. Or, you know, Triple H vs Jeff Hardy, if they don't do it before then.

Ajex

Ajex

• Members
  • 48 posts
My personal preference would be that they don't end The Phenom's streak - but if they must, hope it's somebody worthy of the job, who can take the burden.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
Rumors are flying about Austin wrestling at Wm25

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts
Don't they pull that rumour out every year?

Unless hes wrestling Hogan or Vince I don't care.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I've heard that he either headlines this years Hall of Fame class or gets some kind of a one night only return to the ring. One impactwrestling.com article mentioned him ending up with a title during a particular proposed angle, but who knows?

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts
Maybe he can wrestle Ultimate Warrior!

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Warrior has gone on record as having said he'd like to have a match with Vince at WM25. It sounds interesting...

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts
Unfortunately Warriors got about "this much" chance of returning to WWE.

*squeezes thumb and forefinger together as tight as they will go*

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Austin vs Hogan?

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I would seriously doubt it...BUT, when better than the silver anniversary? I don't think they'll ever agree on who would win/lose this match though. I imagine it would be a disaster to book.

Tickets go on sale in about three weeks :D

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,467 posts
we'll have a grand to play with by then, can't ****ing wait

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Probably not see a match between them. Austin blames Hogan for how he was treatedc in WCW. I can see Austin being inducted into the HOF by the Undertaker though. That would be cool. Since it is from Texas maybe the Funks and Fritz Von Eric could too.

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts
Man, wrestlers hold serious grudges.

xdflwr

xdflwr

diet cokehead

• Members
  • 5,143 posts
hey someone buy me a ticket plz. i'm working on getting a passport.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts

I can see Austin being inducted into the HOF by the Undertaker though. That would be cool. Since it is from Texas maybe the Funks and Fritz Von Eric could too.

Yup I can easily see Austin, the Funks, and the Von Erichs being your key names for this year. As far as who inducts Austin, I'd say it can't be anyone other than Jim Ross IMO. It would be a cool moment.

Still gonna be pissed if 'Taker drops the streak right here in his hometown.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,467 posts
I sure hope they release more ticket information before they go on sale. I know Ticketmaster has the price range, but I want an idea of what seats I'll be getting for what cost. I don't want to spend X dollars for ****ty floor seats when I can spend half that much for tickets 20 rows up in the stands with a much better view.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Yeah dude...definitely looking for a seating chart that gives the configuration.

EDIT: stubhub.com has the configuration from non-floor and on, with details you can click on for each seating arrangement. Not sure if it's the actual standard they're going to go by or not though.

Edited by Exodus, 06 September 2008 - 04:17 PM.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,467 posts
Hm. That's still a little difficult to figure out.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
wwe.com has listed the ticket prices as follows:

$755
$255
$155
$100
$60
$40

There's some useful ticketmaster information on that page as well, but ****...STILL no seating chart to tell where you sit for what you pay, and that's starting to piss me off. I like to plan things well ahead and be organized, but this really prevents me from doing so.

There's a seating chart on ticketmaster's website that you can click on for Reliant Stadium at which you select the type of seating for your event to get an idea of the configuration, but yeah, no configuartion for Wrestlemania or anything for wrestling at all thus far. The boxing configuration looks a little funky, so I'd rule that out.

You'd think this would be a little more organized, but maybe it's just me.

from impactwrestling and pwinsider:

- Tickets for WWE's WrestleMania 25 will go on sale on Saturday, September 20th. Besides the Hall of Fame which is expected to be built around Steve Austin, WWE has plans for a larger AXXESS event this year that will require an admission fee as well as a live broadcast of Friday Night SmackDown the Friday prior to the big WrestleMania event.

Admission fee? WTF?

***holes.

Edited by Exodus, 09 September 2008 - 06:56 PM.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,467 posts
I don't think Reliant Stadium's ever had wrestling before, which is why they don't have a seating chart. Depending on the set and pyro and set up of the whole event, they might not know exactly for sure where all the seats are going to be until just before the event.

But damn, nothing between 255 and 755?

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I'd guess that $755 must be where the floor ends, but that's odd. For WM17, the floor seating at the Astrodome was price divided by front row as one price, rows 2-5 at a second price, and everything else beyond that at yet a third. I have no clue how other WM's priced their floor seating. Maybe Ender could shed some light on that for us?

Ender

Ender

Calmer than you are

• Members
  • 9,232 posts

I'd guess that $755 must be where the floor ends, but that's odd. For WM17, the floor seating at the Astrodome was price divided by front row as one price, rows 2-5 at a second price, and everything else beyond that at yet a third. I have no clue how other WM's priced their floor seating. Maybe Ender could shed some light on that for us?

Ticket prices were similar for the Orlando WM. I bought the $100 tickets and I was in the upper half of the lower bowl. I had pretty good seats.

Do NOT buy a seat on the floor. I have set on the floor at a SD and you have to look over about 100 rows of peoples heads. Not good. In Orlando, the entire infield was full. So imagine having to look over all of those heads.

Points of reference:

My view of the ring:

Posted Image

My view of the entry:

Posted Image

Imagine being on the floor...

Posted Image

You are REALLY packed in tight on the floor:

Posted Image

With all that said...just f'n go. Unless you are in the front rows, you will see most of the action on the Jumbotron. You are there for the atmosphere, which was incredible. It was the single best live event I have EVER been to. I have been to Smackdowns and Raws and Nitros...Hell, I was even RINGSIDE at a Nitro. I have a close-up on the Benoit DVD in his the Benoit/ Bret Hart tribute match to Owen...and WM was better than that!

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,467 posts
Yeah, I definitely knew not to get the floor... from all the shows I've been to, I could tell they suck in a normal arena with only 15 or so rows on the floor, I could only imagine it at a ****ing football stadium. Ideally, I'd like to get in rows 10-30 in the first section up off the floor.

Reply to this topic