Pet stories

monkeygirl

• 4 weeks later...

The other day, Lucky stared fearfully at a stray cat sitting on our deck motionlessly. Normally, he's all over the place, barking and scratching to get out and protect our turf.

I could tell that cat was on the prowl for something. Lucky just sat and watched. Then the cat slowly let itself off the deck front feet first, followed gradually by bottom feet. Then, suddenly, it pounced. Fortunately, whatever it was killing was obscured by the deck itself. I last saw it trotting off with something (a mouse, maybe?) in its mouth.

Then Lucky relaxed.

HA! These are hunters!

I had a leaky pipe in my ceiling and so I had to have that repaired. You have never seen a cat play pinball so badly than a cat freaked out by fans and dehumidifiers. I swear Bob was bouncing off walls, the dishwasher, the bathtub, cabinets. Everywhere he went there was a bid dude (to him) waiting to fix something as we had two plumbers in my house and a restoration group who are working to get rid of the mold. So there were 5 people more in my condo than Bob was used to.

My pup has been passed out all day after a weekend at my inlaws' house. Between us getting in after midnight, and my father in law getting up by 5, she didn't spend much time sleeping. She did spend a lot of time playing ball in the backyard though. I am enjoying the snuggle time today, because I'm sure she'll be very high energy tomorrow when I need to work from home after a 4 day weekend!

• 2 weeks later...

Elvira took a flying leap and ricocheted off the bedroom wall! She's a great jumper and very graceful, while Stormy just blunders around and skitters on the floor like a cartoon cat because he can't get traction on the tiles. They're so different that watching them play is hilarious!

• 1 month later...

L-Roy has been very bad. Little ****er SPRAYED my entire bed and some carpet because I wasn't feeding him quickly enough. RIGHT in front of me, as I sat on the bed-BETWEEN MY FEET.

I couldn't ****ing believe what I was seeing! I was watching the teevee and he was yowling and prancing around on his toes but it was an hour before their regular dinner time. I talked to him, but when I didn't move, he turned around, hiked up his butt and his tail started twitching. I thought "Oh! Electric Kitty Tail! I like that!" and when I reached down to pet, I noticed the foul liquid being sprayed sideway out his butt.

I CANT AFFORD A NEW BED GAWD

he's lucky he's alive

Dude. Have you nuetered those nuts yet?

Bob just cries endlessly and has ruined the sofa, the reading chair, the box spring and bedskirt, the weather stripping to the front door, a pair of expensive leather sandals and my sanity. His nootz are getting taken care of.

YES, I had his balls chopped off, YEARS ago! I was sad because they were pretty. His pants are pure white and his nutsack was dark grey. It looked like one of those purses that Scottish guys in kilts wear but when they "tutored" him, it disappeared.

YET HE SPRAYS.

So, it had to be on purpose.

If my cat peed all over my bed, she'd be out the door that same day. Barring a medical issue I would have no tolerance for that.

Calli has discovered the joys of the hose when I water the garden. She loves nothing more than barking her head off while getting drenched.

I am pretty sure I have the only dog who thinks fireworks are cool. I have to keep a close eye on him all day on the 4th, but only to keep him from trying to play with the spinny, sparky, poppy things.

Of course, MG is convinced he's a monkey or a small human in a fur suit, so maybe he doesn't count as a dog.

:eek:

If my cat peed all over my bed, she'd be out the door that same day. Barring a medical issue I would have no tolerance for that.

Calli has discovered the joys of the hose when I water the garden. She loves nothing more than barking her head off while getting drenched.

I can't get rid of an animal for behavior problems unless they're chronic and dangerous.

I'd like to see video of Calli Vs. The Hose

he's a monkey or a small human in a fur suit,

THIS

The lights, the sounds, the smells can just drive a pet crazy. Some people put their pets on hardcore tranquilizers once a year, and it seems to do the trick.

Like Isis, Ripley was fine with it. At first, he wanted to go check it out, but gave up after a bit. After one particularly house-shaking explosion, he poked his head up and looked at me as if to say "Really? We can't see what that was about?" but he took a nap right after, so probably wasn't too important.

So, the vet hasn't been able to clean Calli's teeth thoroughly the past few times she's been in because she gets very anxious. I brush them regularly but she still has pretty bad plaque buildup. I decided it's time to get it taken care of, so I have been flossing my dog's teeth. On a scale from 1-10, how much of a crazy dog lady does that make me?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.