Pet stories

monkeygirl

That's great.

Cheetoh is so frustrated that he has the cast on. He cries to me in the kitchen while I'm cooking because he wants up where he can see. Since Nanners already in the stool and doesn't tolerate him he just meaohs. Poor guy. Vet says the cast come off in three more weeks.

He was trying to jump up on a stool to counter surf on my breakfast bar while I was making stuff in the kitchen. He started to fall backwards and couldn't catch himself. One of his hind legs was in a decorative part of the stool trying to get leverage himself but he twisted his body and fell back awkwardly catching the hind leg in a V where the leg of the stool and a brace come together and the weight plus the twist broke his hind leg. He was screaming and I came around and gently picked him up but the squirming made the pinch worse. It was on the Fourth of July and I had to rush him to an emergency vet. It's more of a fracture and because he's young he'll heal fast. He has a little orange colored cast and I put a cast condom on it so he can use the litter box without litter getting in it. He wears the cone of shame but it all makes him frustrated.

Today I went for a walk and when I came up I took a bath. (I saw baby duckies!)

Bob of the Cheetoh came into the bathroom with me and was batting at my toes with his little coned head and his cast clicking on the tile. I got out to dry and while the bathtub was draining Bob of the Cheetoh jumped over the lip and fell into the tub chasing my razor as it had fallen in and was floating around. Silly wet cats and casts are not fun. However, I bet he does it again.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I got Bob of the Cheetoh fixed last week. Today I decided he was going to learn to wear a collar with his vaccination info and license stuff because he flies out the door if you aren't careful and goes far before he freaks out and runs back to the house. It also has a bell. It has been the best fun watching him adjust. Right now he is carrying the orange tag in his mouth and doing flips.

Also my friend calls him Que Pasa.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.