Pet stories

monkeygirl

He is eating soft foods! He makes poops but he does it in the cat condo and not the litter box so we have to work on that. Also he's healthy if just a little skinny and under developed. Vets guess is that he is 6 weeks old. Cheetoh is sticking for his name.

HA. If I can get both Nanner and Little to consider the possibility that they will have share. He's currently living in the part of the chair that folds under in the recliner on the little shelf that gets created by the footrest. Nanner and Little spit mutter grumble hiss at him so they're locked in the bedroom when I can't be around to supervise. I thank god for tile floors because he is a messy eater.

I've been checking the area around the street where he was crossing every morning and night to see if he had any siblings or a momma. I hope they warm up. Nanner should be happy because Handsome isn't allowed in while I have the kitten here.

I know your condo has limited space so you may not be able to do this, but you may want to keep Cheeto (ooh, maybe call him Chester Cheetah?) is a single room that the other cats can't go into until everyone's adjusted. We keep new additions in a single bedroom for a few days, and supervise their roaming for a few days more, with nights back in "their" room. It helps a LOT with litter box training, and with integrating the new addition, since the n00b feels more secure and the other cats get used to the new one slowly.

He is playing now and seems to recognize my voice. I do keep them separated when I am not home. Nanner has already separated herself though as she remains securely under the table and is just mad. So I close her up in the dining area.

• 1 month later...

Guys, I have 2 kittens and a kid at my house. They're really really cute when they're all sleeping in the same bed at night. But when they're all awake during the day, I want to shoot myself. Or them. Or something. My house is such a mess now...

I prefer multiple kittens. They can wear each other out. Tiny was the only kitten in a house of mature cats and people. So was Small Boy. and OMG. I'm sure Spam can commiserate right now.

Mr. Fat tries sometimes. He'll run up to Tiny and smack her in the face, and she sits there like "WTF?" and Mr. Fat is all like "SORRY, SO SORRY, I THOUGHT WE WERE PLAYING, MY BAD" and then he goes slinking off.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.